Spirit walk is borderline worthless.

90 Orc Shaman
Title says it all. No real discussion to be had.
Edited by Levelity on 10/5/2012 3:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
On the contrary, I like Spiritwalker's Grace (which is what I think you're referring to). The T13 bonus really made it shine, but sadly we had to move on from that. Now I like to use it occasionally when I need to heal but can't stop moving (Wise Mari, Koegler, Yan-Zhu). It's a very situational cooldown, but worthwhile when the situation calls for it.
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Shaman
lol.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
On the contrary, I like Spiritwalker's Grace (which is what I think you're referring to). The T13 bonus really made it shine, but sadly we had to move on from that. Now I like to use it occasionally when I need to heal but can't stop moving (Wise Mari, Koegler, Yan-Zhu). It's a very situational cooldown, but worthwhile when the situation calls for it

he meant spirit walk only enhance has it, it removes movement impairing and increases speed by 60% i believe, don't quote me
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Ah, well, I guess I got confused. Figured it was just a typo of Spiritwalker's Grace, since he didn't really clarify.

Spirit Walk, the enhancement ability. I suppose it's more of a PvP ability than anything else, escaping from a snare or root and getting a speed boost. But in terms of PvE, yeah, not all that useful much like Windwalk Totem, unless they plan to put in snare and root at some point.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Pharaa
I suppose it's more of a PvP ability

(mostly) Free snare-breaker. Yummy.
It is mostly useless in pve.

10/05/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Killahkev
don't quote me
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Shaman
10/05/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Gijira

Except it isn't. PvE isn't the "stand still and faceroll boss" you pvp people think it is.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
True, but nor do we find many instances of getting rooted or snared by enemies that Spirit Walk or Windwalk Totem can dispel. Often when snared or rooted, it's for story purposes that can't be dispelled (like a quest where I was netted by a Mogu and Windwalk Totem wouldn't remove it).
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Shaman
Actually, the first boss in Mogu'shan Vaults has a cobalt trap that roots anyone standing in it, and the trash before Elegon AoE slows the entire raid. Windwalk prevents this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Well that's interesting, good to know Windwalk has at least one application in a PvE situation. Still, as nice as Windwalk would be for that fight, it's still just one instance out of a possible many across the spectrums of PvE (normal enemies, elites, dungeons, raids). It would be nice to see more PvE instances to make Windwalk and Spirit Walk really shine for it.
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Shaman
You can't reasonably expect all abilities to be useful in all scenarios
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
No, but it should be useful in more than just a single PvE situation. Having it useful in a small handful of PvE situations would be best, but not all of them.
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Shaman
It's too early to say it isn't
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Very true, and I hope we see more instances that Windwalk and Spirit Walk could be used in PvE besides the Stone Guard. I love the idea of Windwalk, but as a strictly PvE player, I've almost never had a a real chance to use it yet and probably won't outside of Stone Guard. For now, anyway. Fingers crossed.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Its also nice to use on the last boss in Niuzao Temple.

Popping it between wind bursts to get up close enough to interupt. Makes the fight go a hell of a lot quicker.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
10/05/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Rude

Except it isn't. PvE isn't the "stand still and faceroll boss" you pvp people think it is.

How to Succeed in PvE (All levels):

1) Grind Gear
2) Read Optimum Rotation for your class
3) Watch Video/Read Guide on how other guild cleared boss.
4) Try as hard as you can to do exactly like they did.
5) Collect Epics.

Original thought is counter productive to PvE success.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I suppose I should clarify. It's borderline useless in pvp. Snares are re-applied to quickly and the speed boost doesn't compound with ghost wolf when snared.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/05/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Rude
You can't reasonably expect all abilities to be useful in all scenarios
You can expect that you're class is balanced based on your abilities and with enhance having no quick gap closer, spirit walk needs to be looked at. For such a long cooldown it's should be more powerful.
Edited by Levelity on 10/5/2012 3:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
you know how many times i got a swg rez off in arena? .....like 2 times but man was it worth it
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Spirit Walk is amazing in PvE. Just saying.

Learn to actually find a use for your tools instead of saying HURR WORTHLESS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]