Spirit walk is borderline worthless.

65 Orc Shaman
10/08/2012 08:26 AMPosted by Antilock
The computer is fundamentally stupid and incapable of tactics and evolution. The opposing player is not.

I'm sure there are a few Grandmaster Chess players out there who would like to have a word with you about this statement.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Enhance: Engage one target, cast SWG, focus cast Hex on another, proceed to main target.

I beg to differ.

Basically just get better, it's a great ability.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
10/08/2012 08:36 AMPosted by Shockakahn
The computer is fundamentally stupid and incapable of tactics and evolution. The opposing player is not.

I'm sure there are a few Grandmaster Chess players out there who would like to have a word with you about this statement.

I know you're not comparing Warcraft's AI to Deep Blue....
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
10/05/2012 07:54 AMPosted by Pharaa
On the contrary, I like Spiritwalker's Grace (which is what I think you're referring to). The T13 bonus really made it shine, but sadly we had to move on from that. Now I like to use it occasionally when I need to heal but can't stop moving (Wise Mari, Koegler, Yan-Zhu). It's a very situational cooldown, but worthwhile when the situation calls for it.

HUH, you PvP'd lately? It's dispellable and makes you go, REALLY??????

10/05/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Levelity
You can't reasonably expect all abilities to be useful in all scenarios
You can expect that you're class is balanced based on your abilities and with enhance having no quick gap closer, spirit walk needs to be looked at. For such a long cooldown it's should be more powerful.

AGREED. SWG in PvE is eh atm, it seems legit but I think it needs a shorter CD to compensate for the moving of fights. As for PvP? LOL, it needs to be non-dispellable and it needs to be included in the 4 set for resto shamans (reduces cooldown by 60 sec) instead of immunity to silence bla bla. That's all nice but when you pop SWG, most good pvp players drill you into the ground or make sure you get 0 heals off. They either LoS you or your target.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/08/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Getrolledkid
On the contrary, I like Spiritwalker's Grace (which is what I think you're referring to). The T13 bonus really made it shine, but sadly we had to move on from that. Now I like to use it occasionally when I need to heal but can't stop moving (Wise Mari, Koegler, Yan-Zhu). It's a very situational cooldown, but worthwhile when the situation calls for it.

You can expect that you're class is balanced based on your abilities and with enhance having no quick gap closer, spirit walk needs to be looked at. For such a long cooldown it's should be more powerful.

AGREED. SWG in PvE is eh atm, it seems legit but I think it needs a shorter CD to compensate for the moving of fights. As for PvP? LOL, it needs to be non-dispellable and it needs to be included in the 4 set for resto shamans (reduces cooldown by 60 sec) instead of immunity to silence bla bla. That's all nice but when you pop SWG, most good pvp players drill you into the ground or make sure you get 0 heals off. They either LoS you or your target.

Judging by your name and the way you type, I can tell you now, no one will take you seriously and you make no valid points.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
10/08/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Khimari

Judging by your name and the way you type, I can tell you now, no one will take you seriously and you make no valid points.

How so? SWG is !@#$ in PVP because it IS dispellable, same thing with paladin wings, you NEVER saw a paladin pop wings against an opponent that could dispell, you only ever did as a last resort, even then you had a /cancel aura macro. I offer an opinion, people like you destroy this community, No kindly GTFO and stop trolling me.
Reply Quote
65 Orc Shaman

I know you're not comparing Warcraft's AI to Deep Blue....

You're right, that reference wouldn't make any sense in these terms. What was I thinking?
I also mentioned Chess Grandmasters, and we all know WoW has a multitude of those.

EDIT: On topic. I think that it is nice that people are finding uses for PVP abilities in PVE. Keep up the good work.
Edited by Shockakahn on 10/8/2012 9:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The discussion is about SPIRIT WALK (enhancement ability) not SPIRIT WALKER"S GRACE like a lot of people think it's about.

Frankly I think if Spirit Walk had a 1 minute cooldown and lasted 8 seconds it would be more useful than the current incarnation.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

How so? SWG is !@#$ in PVP because it IS dispellable, same thing with paladin wings, you NEVER saw a paladin pop wings against an opponent that could dispell, you only ever did as a last resort, even then you had a /cancel aura macro. I offer an opinion, people like you destroy this community, No kindly GTFO and stop trolling me.

No, people complaining constantly and comparing our abilities to other classes as an argument is destroying the community if anything. Stop using that type of logic, it is flawed.

EDIT: TO:OP I see I misread, and you are referring to enhancement sprint, Spirit Walk.
Edited by Khimari on 10/8/2012 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Putting on my lollerskates for this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I actually love it for Enhancement. I've had my 3v3 partners running away from me while dying forgetting that I can heal them. I just pop it and run with them, won us so many games.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]