Do people still enjoy PvP? MoP ruined it.

89 Human Warlock
Do you PvPers still enjoy PvP? The number of CC's in this game right now are completely ridiculous and it ruined the game for me. Stuns are the most OP CC in the game and I feel like a lot of the classes have it now. In BG's lately, I probably spend 80% of the time being CC'ed and not being able to do anything, it's just NOT fun. So it's supposed to get better at level 90? Not at all. Sure the damages are just a tad bit more balance, you don't get one shot like at lower levels (e.g. aimed shot by hunters) but there are wayyyyy more CC's. Also, I noticed that the same group of classes top the damage meters (warrior, mage, spriests, boomkins) because well, they have more utility to survive.

I've been a big fan of random BG's ever since BC (more like a terribly bad addiction). Must've had over 200k HK's added up from all my toons. But I think it's safe to say that its finally time to settle down. I'm really quite surprised myself, it used to be an addiction but I just don't find PvP fun anymore. What is blizz doing to PvP? I know that PvE is their priority but everything is just completely broken...
Edited by Hirod on 10/5/2012 5:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
6 Pandaren Monk
PVP in wow will always be the same, for the most part. My biggest issue atm is bots. I am in a gilneas atm, 7 members of my horde team are still at the starting area doing nothing. This crap RUINS the entire experience.
Reply Quote
89 Human Warlock
10/05/2012 05:01 AMPosted by Pekingchuck
My biggest issue atm is bots.

Lol? Bots have been around for as long as I can remember. Usually there are way more during the first few weeks of a season when people are still collecting new PvP gear.
Edited by Hirod on 10/5/2012 5:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
3rd 5 cap on us in a row in AB.

I've won 1 of 9 so far today, and the 1 we won was CLOSE and the 8 we lost were complete blowouts.

MoP PVP is fun.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Do you PvPers still enjoy PvP? The number of CC's in this game right now are completely ridiculous and it ruined the game for me. Stuns are the most OP CC in the game and I feel like a lot of the classes have it now. In BG's lately, I probably spend 80% of the time being CC'ed and not being able to do anything, it's just NOT fun. So it's supposed to get better at level 90? Not at all. Sure the damages are just a tad bit more balance, you don't get one shot like at lower levels (e.g. aimed shot by hunters) but there are wayyyyy more CC's. Also, I noticed that the same group of classes top the damage meters (warrior, mage, spriests, boomkins) because well, they have more utility to survive.

I've been a big fan of random BG's ever since BC (more like a terribly bad addiction). Must've had over 200k HK's added up from all my toons. But I think it's safe to say that its finally time to settle down. I'm really quite surprised myself, it used to be an addiction but I just don't find PvP fun anymore. What is blizz doing to PvP? I know that PvE is their priority but everything is just completely broken...

I enjoy it, gear helps every class a lot. Warriors have always had bad survivability though, that's why the more "well-known" warriors carry pocket heals all the time. Most people in bgs don't understand that you need to go after the heals, they just run in their zerg pack and hit tab and go for whatever comes up. We have second wind now but a good player it won't effect much at all, but 2v1 a warrior and it's pretty much useless.

The only thing I don't like about bgs atm are the premades being ran almost every time, but I deal with it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/05/2012 06:02 AMPosted by Toskosa
bad time to post as a warrior welcome to the op class treatment my new warrior friend.

/wave
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Not enjoying it at all. Way to much CC. I thought the message was clear before this expansion that less CC was wanted in this game...but Blizz in their infinite idiocy added more instead. I don't even want to que up anymore, it's really not worth my time.
Reply Quote
89 Human Warlock
I think we all as a community tend to agree that lowering burst dps and cc's would be a good thing for pvp.

It just gives you more time to have fun if you aren't bursted down so fast or cc'd till your dead.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I've talked with my wife about maybe switching over to PVE, but neither of us are really interested. We want to PVP, but haven't had any fun since Cataclysm (never thought I'd say that). We both play healers, and neither of us are really interested in changing roles just to play. We'll figure out what our plans are within a month when our annual passes expire.
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
I'm totally enjoying MoP PvP. I have a warlock, shadow priest, mage, ele shaman, and this hunter and so far I'm having a blast. Of course I don't do Arena anymore because I find it to be a huge snorefest and no real representation of pvp.

I come from the days of Everquest when pvp was about world encounters and huge groups of people pvping at the same time. I don't find arena even remotely close to this. To me, arena is about min-maxing, exploiting line of sight, finding OP comps, etc. Plus arena is boring as heck.

I love battlegrounds.

I noticed of course that all you have is the op classes

Yeah, all the ranged/caster classes. As usual. Blizzard has been shafting melee classes since Wrath came out.
Edited by Berzerker on 10/5/2012 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/05/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Berzerker
Blizzard has been shafting melee classes since Wrath came out.

Were you even playing last season?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]