Slow Down!

90 Tauren Paladin
10/05/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Springrunner
As for things stuck in my head, the pandaria inn music... Can't shake it.

THIS. SO MUCH THIS.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
So I was the only one who was thinking of that Bobby Valentino song?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I even read the title in the dang panda voice!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I kind of like having to ride my cat mount everywhere. The only drawback is when I am really in a hurry to get away from a nasty and the cat can't fly. Soon though, I am almost to 90. ;-0
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Pyxis
Just yesterday I found a drop off from a cliff that looked like it was half a mile high behind a quest return near the SE corner of Kun-Lai Summit. The drop off had skulls painted on signs all around it and I wanted to jump so bad (water below) but decided against it because it would have taken an hour to get back up. If it wasn't for being glued to the ground, I never would have found this neat detail from Blizz.

I was in the northside and looked down the cliffs and saw an unexplored area so I jumped (yay Levitate) and fell and fell and fell. Looked around, found a hot air balloon to get back up, found FP and flew back to where I was and got a quest to go down there...>_<. So finished all the quests then decided to water-walk around Kun'Lai. That took a while and I ended up in Towne Steppes. Finally hearthed cuz I was lost as fuu...

Wasting time and running around lost is why I'm still 89.5 (would be lower but I'm doing all the quests in each zone before moving on).

Everything needs to slow down More. I know there are new things to do at 90 (and dailies!!) but I loooove this leveling process and exploring and just looking at EVERYTHING. Five levels is too little bit! <3 this xpac - but all the previous expansions were just as fun in the beginning also.

Make it last...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I completely agree. I didn't feel compelled to really explore a zone at all in Cataclysm. I just let the quests take me where I was going. But in Pandaria, I find myself going off in one direction just to see what's over there rather than because there's a yellow "!" on my map. It's lovely!
Reply Quote
26 Blood Elf Rogue
Everytime I hear one the NPCs say that, it really annoys the piss out of me. Like... it strikes a nerve down deep that makes me want to punch the panda that said it right in the face. Every time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Wish I could, but unfortunately you need to be 90 to do the interesting dailies. Even if they have nothing to do with gear progression.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Dyonex
Everytime I hear one the NPCs say that, it really annoys the piss out of me. Like... it strikes a nerve down deep that makes me want to punch the panda that said it right in the face. Every time.

This is my reaction too, I want to target that NPC and blow their face off.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I hear this from a panda and then I say, "screw you!" and kick him with my ENERGY LEGS.

That's what I think about every time I hear this quote.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/05/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Cylac
But, it actually does make me "slow down" and realize what's going on around me more.

I noticed that too. And one of the cutscenes so far absolutely shocked me. Wasn't expecting what I saw (no spoilers just in case people haven't done it yet), but it took me a few seconds to get over it. Very sad.
Edited by Whyvette on 10/5/2012 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Shaman
10/05/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Dyonex

Me too. The way they say it sounds so derpy.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10/05/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Rygarius
With the stunning scenery throughout Pandaria, I find myself taking the time to pause and smell the digital roses on more than one occasion. Not everything has to be a race to the finish line, but if you enjoy the race, go for it!

Race? They've already announced new content ... Most are at the baby steps for Rep grinds... Its going to take forever. ... yet you taunt us... More content soon... better play day and night... there is no other way you'll get it all done. MUAHAHAHAHA
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
An excellent song for slowing things down and enjoying the scenery...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZdiXvDU4P0
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm rushing a bit to get to Pandaria so I can slow down and enjoy the new world! Well, only because my 85s have been usurped by this character. Why, oh why did you have to do such a good job on the monk class?!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The problem with "Slow Down" is that Patch 5.1 is due to hit PTR "soon" and most of us don't have Shado-Pan or August Celestials done yet, lol.

I mean, yeeesh.

Maybe the content is zipping by too fast for the general population who have lives outside of WoW?
Reply Quote
24 Night Elf Priest
With the stunning scenery throughout Pandaria, I find myself taking the time to pause and smell the digital roses on more than one occasion. Not everything has to be a race to the finish line, but if you enjoy the race, go for it!

Me? I’m taking a page from the Pandarens by kicking back and enjoying the experience at my own pace.

In other words, you play when you are not working but are getting some overtime because the expansion needs support so you don't get to play as much, right?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The problem with "Slow Down" is that Patch 5.1 is due to hit PTR "soon" and most of us don't have Shado-Pan or August Celestials done yet, lol.

I mean, yeeesh.

Maybe the content is zipping by too fast for the general population who have lives outside of WoW?

You don't need to finish everything by tomorrow. If we release new content and you haven't gotten to it yet it'll still be available when you get there. Pandaria won't be going back into the mists any time soon. ;)
Edited by Rygarius on 10/5/2012 5:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/05/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Rygarius
You don't need to finish everything by tomorrow. If we release new content and you haven't gotten to it yet it'll still be available when you get there. Pandaria won't be going back into the mists any time soon. ;)

If only my guild saw it that way too... :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]