Slow Down!

90 Worgen Druid
For once in an expansion i am taking my time. To be sure. You guys should promote taking your time.

I say double rested exp.
Reply Quote
The amusing thing about "slow down" is that the panda monks get this xp boost daily, and you want to maximize it. My friend and I are leveling monks in dungeons, and we just rush through as fast as we can because of the buff.
Reply Quote
20 Pandaren Monk
Slow down!

Dailies are meant to be savoured!
Edited by Shinopal on 10/7/2012 11:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
The problem with "Slow Down" is that Patch 5.1 is due to hit PTR "soon" and most of us don't have Shado-Pan or August Celestials done yet, lol.

I mean, yeeesh.

Maybe the content is zipping by too fast for the general population who have lives outside of WoW?

You don't need to finish everything by tomorrow. If we release new content and you haven't gotten to it yet it'll still be available when you get there. Pandaria won't be going back into the mists any time soon. ;)

After 2 weeks of MoP launch, it is no longer crowded with ppl at the beginning zones. Questing and leveling an alt become relaxing and enjoyable at last.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I didnt think I would like MIST, but I have to say it has won me over, and I love it. Most of the areas are so pretty, and unlike any of the others, am really loving the quest lines, over all I just love it. And I think you all did great by making us all ground mount it until 90, it has made us really look at everything. Thanks Blizz on a job well done!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
The problem with "Slow Down" is that Patch 5.1 is due to hit PTR "soon" and most of us don't have Shado-Pan or August Celestials done yet, lol.

I mean, yeeesh.

Maybe the content is zipping by too fast for the general population who have lives outside of WoW?

Gating content behind daily cooldowns (dailies) makes it impossible for the playerbase to do them immediately?

Sheesh, did you even read your own argument?

I'd like to give Blizzard credit for bringing out content super fast too, but dailies are not content.
Edited by Gulder on 10/7/2012 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I have thus far enjoyed my Pandaria Experience, so many achieves to get, so many artifacts to find, so many rares to kill... just so much to do. Of course I rushed this char to 90, but my alts are going to take their sweet time leveling. Beautiful music all across Pandaria, although I think I have discovered something more annoying than Murlocs.... Virmen.

Also just thought I should throw this in. When I walked into the Vale of Eternal Blossoms the first time it took my breath away. So much beauty and detail put into that zone made it instantly my favorite zone in Pandaria.
Edited by Enade on 10/7/2012 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I woulda walked right off and wondered wth was happening rofl
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/07/2012 01:38 AMPosted by Monkalicious
Where I hear the quote "slow down!", it actually takes me out of the gaming experience a bit because, to me, it comes across as a heavy-handed attempt from Blizzard to have their limited content stretch further as they continue to struggle to deliver content quickly enough. Each time I hear this, it seems so blatantly obvious that I cringe.

This from a level 90 Panda Monk .... you didn't need text in your post for us to understand your sentiment. The content is hardly limited - you just didn't take the time to see it.
Edited by Holanya on 10/7/2012 11:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I want to slap the panda that said it, every time I hear it.
Reply Quote
59 Worgen Death Knight
oh wow this thread was life changing and made me realize the importance of appreciation. lol.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
how about you go take the time to make the loggin screen work.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
With so much to do and so much rep to get how can people be so speedy. There are actually rep quests that requests that you take the time to fish ect. Me I have so many alts that I will have a ton of time in MoP that when I get there I get there then I start another alt lol. Beautiful areas Blizz thanks for MoP great Job!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I have been slowing down recently as well, just enjoying the scenery and the quests....and actually trying to get into the story lines. A nice change of pace.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
"Slow down", nice try Blizz. We play this game, pay per month to play, we want to accomplish something in game when we have the time to play. This idea of "slow down & enjoy" should be applied to life, not WoW. Blizz wants us to slow down so they can spend our money on something other than staying ahead of the content curve. If we burn through it to quickly they're not doing their job of working just as hard to provide us with more to do. That is, after all, what we're paying for. So get off the forums & get to work blue poster. Try to prevent the months long lack of new content now, so you don't have to deal with it then.

Sincerely,

-General Tso's Chicken
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
i havent been here since the start back in vanilla days....but i must say this has been one of the more enjoyable expansions ive been around for. While i cant wait for raiding and such i also enjoy the fact that i always have something to do now when i log on not just sit in my home city reading trade chat. And pet battles!!! Its like i never have nothing to do anymore. Love it blizz. Now let me log IN!!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
10/07/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Bastarian
The amusing thing about "slow down" is that the panda monks get this xp boost daily, and you want to maximize it. My friend and I are leveling monks in dungeons, and we just rush through as fast as we can because of the buff.

The issue is that monks start at square one in a time where you have 3 expansions worth of content to get through before you are running the current leveling content. I actually like the work that Blizz has done with Monks as a class for leveling. The XP buff for getting through lower level content is a reward for learning/practicing mechanics older players have been complaining new players need to learn.

You don't have to take the buff if you want to slow down, but as someone who's got multiple characters at the Cata level cap, I welcome something that makes the earlier grind on my new toon a bit faster. I fully intend to slow down a bit once this toon gets to Pandaria.
Edited by Caylvane on 10/7/2012 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This from a level 90 Panda Monk .... you didn't need text in your post for us to understand your sentiment. The content is hardly limited - you just didn't take the time to see it.

I do not personally feel that the content is all that limited because I can only play for a few hours each day (at most), but Blizzard absolutely does and they have officially said that the biggest thing they need to work on is "getting content out faster". So, Blizzard disagrees with you. Not only that, but leveling from 85 to 90 (MoP content) is not, at all, time consuming or difficult. I completed every quest in the Jade Forest and was not even half way through Valley of the Four Winds before I hit 90. My level has very little to do with how much content that I have seen (or have yet to see).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Wanna slow down? go play farmville
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]