Levelling, what's going on with hit rating?

90 Blood Elf Mage
Despite my name, I'm levelling as fire (don't like frost "turreting"). My hit rating in the character sheet shows a 0% miss chance on mobs up to 88, with 1.89% miss chance on 89's.

Long story short:my spells are missing on level 87's, noticibly. Is there a hidden hit rating penalty or is the character stat sheet incorrect (and should be fixed?)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Not sure, but I am curious about why you are worrying about it at this point. Missing spells sucks while leveling, but it shouldn't make or break you.

Also, try Scorch as frost, it allows you to be mobile, but you still get to setup with frost. Have had tons of people have issues lvling as fire on these forums.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Make sure you are looking at Spell Hit, not Melee hit.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Priest
No, it's showing 0% chance to miss on bosses on spell hit (which is ridiculous since my main is 88 with like 7.3% spell hit), and he's still missing on mobs. I think the tooltip is just borked.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Thought hit had to be at 15%
Or is that just at 90
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'll test some more when I hit 90, the spell hit data given on the ingame character sheet is def. not correct for me at 88.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I wouldn't be surprised if you're looking at melee hit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]