Help me play Horde...

90 Human Death Knight
10/05/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Negåtive
Why would I help you do the wrong thing?

Maybe he wants to be awful.

Fixed.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
10/05/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Lopsydaisy
Fixed.

I'll have you know tauren are just as awesome as any alliance race.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Fixed.

I'll have you know tauren are just as awesome (probably even more so) as any alliance race.

Fixed :)

-Former Tauren
Edited by Zaerin on 10/5/2012 2:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
The biggest turn off for some people i think might be the barrens. I know they have redone the quests there, but i havent been there since they redid it. The area just seems kinda big and the quest layout (last time i was there) was spread out. If you want to try horde maybe try this:

-azshara
-ashenvale or hillsbrad
-arathi

Pick a zone that isnt all gloomy or depressing. This is one of the reasons i hated leveling in the UD starting zone. Orc/Troll/Tauren starting zone reminded me of westfall, especially with the BGM playing. And speaking of background music, for some zones where the BGM is kinda depressing you can turn it off and listen to your own music. Whenever i go through dragonblight i hate, hate, HATE the background music in that area. So i turn it off and listen to my own music. But in most cases you have several zones to choose from as you level. Pick the one that has the environment you think you will like the most. Do you want to level in a doom and gloom type zone like Silverpine? or would you rather level somewhere like Azshara where it is nice and green?

Another thing too is the race. Even though a lot of people hate on belfs, they do seem kinda normal looking when compared to the other horde races. Undead if you can stand the feet, few bones sticking out you can give them faces that dont look like its all falling apart.
Edited by Masakko on 10/5/2012 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage

But, what exactly didn't you find fun in the characters you played? The story? The races? The classes? The players? You could give us a better idea of what is more important to you when you play.

I guess it's the attachment to the characters I've made. I have a sort of sentimental attachment to my Gnomes/Dwarves (The only alliance races I play) and are constantly drawn back to them despite wanting to play Horde. It's not as if I want to play them, it's that I should be playing them you know?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

But, what exactly didn't you find fun in the characters you played? The story? The races? The classes? The players? You could give us a better idea of what is more important to you when you play.

I guess it's the attachment to the characters I've made. I have a sort of sentimental attachment to my Gnomes/Dwarves (The only alliance races I play) and are constantly drawn back to them despite wanting to play Horde. It's not as if I want to play them, it's that I should be playing them you know?

Well, there are many ways to connect with a character, making them feel "unique" and "special" for you. I guess everyone has one or more characters like that. They could be special because that's the character you started with, because of your achievements (though that doesn't matter now), because of nostalgia, etc. One of the best ways to get attatched to a character is to include a bit of RP (WoW is after all an MMORPG). Build some kind of backstory, or if you can't, give it some kind of objective or some special traits, like being afraid of spiders, hating a certain race, etc. I feel like it helps to make the character more special.

Aside from that, you really can't go wrong by chosing to level doing what you like; if you like to quest, there are several good zones on the Horde side, including Azshara, Stonetalon, the whole Undead starting zones, etc. You could also try a class you've never played before (Monks are here), or a different role. Try it for a while, but if you're not having fun, don't force yourself to play it.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage

Well, there are many ways to connect with a character, making them feel "unique" and "special" for you. I guess everyone has one or more characters like that. They could be special because that's the character you started with, because of your achievements (though that doesn't matter now), because of nostalgia, etc. One of the best ways to get attatched to a character is to include a bit of RP (WoW is after all an MMORPG). Build some kind of backstory, or if you can't, give it some kind of objective or some special traits, like being afraid of spiders, hating a certain race, etc. I feel like it helps to make the character more special.

Aside from that, you really can't go wrong by chosing to level doing what you like; if you like to quest, there are several good zones on the Horde side, including Azshara, Stonetalon, the whole Undead starting zones, etc. You could also try a class you've never played before (Monks are here), or a different role. Try it for a while, but if you're not having fun, don't force yourself to play it.

Hmm, that's good advice. I kind of want to try to do some healing. I've always liked it, and maybe a Horde-side healer wouldn't be too bad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have always really wanted to play Horde. But, for some reason, whenever I start a toon (And I have had MANY Horde toons over the years) I just never get that "itch" you know? My highest level was a Goblin Warrior and he made it to level 32 before I felt like playing my Alliance toons again. Other notables are a level 25 Tauren Priest, and a level 19 Troll Priest.

I simply want to experience things from the other side. A new story, and new quests, and all that. I'm not bored with this game by any means, but it's like a whole new experience. A shot at the "Double Agent" achievement would be great.

Do those who have switched sides have any experience or tips? Maybe a suggestion on a Class/Race combo or leveling route? I have done Silverpine and it was a blast! Maybe a specific server that is very pro-horde?

Let me know. Thank you any and all responses!

Mal'Ganis is THE horde server. It's like 7-to-1 there. However you may feel free to come join me over here on Velen. I'm not in a super-active guild or anything, though we are a friendly, tight-knit crew.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]