Jewel price jump coming?

90 Gnome Warlock
Just wondering if you guys think demand will go up for them. I figured there would be too much supply from all these people leveling and mining but with no raids or anything going on. Then once it opened prices would jump for a bit. So yeah I've just been looking at the auction house a lot scanning it for people posting really cheap gems, like if it's a usable cut and it's in the 3-100 range I'll buy it. I have a ridiculous amount of gems now though like hundreds, do you think is a good idea, will the demand spike any time soon I can dump these?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Anyone?
Reply Quote
74 Tauren Shaman
I am going to say that it will. Well, once raids start pumping out gear. Right now there is a glut in the market due to no one really using them yet. Also, with the randomness of learning a recipe and the two gems you get when researching, all the while consuming 3 gems in the process, the stock will most likely deplete pretty fast.

I personally have burned through ~200 stacks of ore and I don't feel like we are getting the same ratio of rare to common like we were in cata. But then again, could just be rng.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Be patient. Now is the time to buy very underpriced cut gems. Once LFR gets going full steam and people get further into the real raids gems will go up.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I actually think prices will remain low until the time it takes to level plus the change goes in to improve rep gains for alts.

Right now it is a huge commitment to level/gear an alt which means less demand for gems.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
True. Yeah I'm hoping once LFR opens up for a week or so the demand will go up.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/06/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Shamanless
I personally have burned through ~200 stacks of ore and I don't feel like we are getting the same ratio of rare to common like we were in cata. But then again, could just be rng.

I've experienced the low rare prospect rate as well. I also think once raiders start getting gear and if the LFR gear has gem slots the prices will skyrocket like every other patch in 4.0.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I am going to say that it will. Well, once raids start pumping out gear. Right now there is a glut in the market due to no one really using them yet. Also, with the randomness of learning a recipe and the two gems you get when researching, all the while consuming 3 gems in the process, the stock will most likely deplete pretty fast.

when you talk about ore, are you mean Ghost iron ore? because I find that Trillium ore has good rate for me.

according to wowhead. each color rare gem has 15% rate from Trillium ores. odd you don't get rare gem from Trillium is about 38%
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
10/08/2012 12:08 PMPosted by Sarvan

I've experienced the low rare prospect rate as well. I also think once raiders start getting gear and if the LFR gear has gem slots the prices will skyrocket like every other patch in 4.0.

I'm hoping :/ I thought I was being smart by buyin up gems on the ah that were around a 100g but the price on a lot of these has dropped down to 30-40... should I still be buying these up?
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Hunter
I've been making this same bet. I'm buying anything under 30g and I have hundreds as well.

If it doesn't work out, well, I have 9 alts to gem eventually ;p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]