Destro Stat Priority

90 Blood Elf Warlock
So,
Icyveins is saying that Critical Strike is the top priority for destro, and Mr Robot says it's haste...

Who's right ?
I'm still unsure as to what I must reforge.

Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Crit mastery haste
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Why is MisterRobot insisting so bad to reforge haste ?

It's kinda confusing.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
It is all situational. To really tell your stat priorities you need to sim your character. There are certain amounts of haste you reach before other stats pull ahead.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
One must ask PVP or PVE? I'm guessing PVE, but i'm been fooled before.
Reply Quote
91 Human Warlock
Simcraft says in my gear, that it's haste>mastery>crit

Dummies say the same thing testing crit vs haste reforge.

This is for Destro
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
10/05/2012 05:31 PMPosted by Gei
Crit mastery haste

Wrong,

Its Int > Hit to cap > Crit > Haste > Mastery
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Haste is less useful than it was in Cata, but it's still useful now. It doesn't increase Conflagrate damage now that it's not tied to Immolate, but it increases our cast time and our MP5, which means we can use more ember-generating spells before going OOM.

That being said, Crit is stronger because it a) increases the damage of Chaos Bolt, and b) when Incinerate, Immolate, or Fel Flame crit, we generate 0.2 of an ember, rather than 0.1, which means we get embers faster.

Personally I think Crit > Haste > Mastery works best, but apparently all 3 stats are relatively close to each other this expansion, so it may come down to fight mechanics or even player preference.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
For Destros Locks is there a cap for mastery. I have 68% so is that to much?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
mastery doesn't cap but you will want to sim your character to see what stats you should be going for. That being said if you want to go all mastery, there is no limit.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/06/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Rahl
mastery doesn't cap but you will want to sim your character to see what stats you should be going for. That being said if you want to go all mastery, there is no limit.

Just chiming in to say, I'm jealous that you managed to get Headmaster's Will to not only drop but win it. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/06/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Mephis

Just chiming in to say, I'm jealous that you managed to get Headmaster's Will to not only drop but win it. :P

Yea no kidding I have been trying to get that for days and haven't even seen it drop.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I installed simcraft and it's saying (for me):
Ranking: Int > SP > Hit > Crit = Haste > Mastery
Edited by Nicotrol on 10/7/2012 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
TBH, a destro lock that goes haste and a destro lock that goes crit will have around the same dps.

It does seem like crit is slightly better then haste IMO
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I find it funny how simcraft is so wrong

does anyone look at World of logs at all? xD

/gears Mastery > Haste > Crit for destro
Edited by Djdave on 10/7/2012 10:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
PVP: Critical > Mastery > Haste

PVE: Critical > Haste > Mastery
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'd say 50-60% mastery, 20% crit, and the rest haste. You really don't need THAT much crit for PvP.. As Dark Soul: Instability will really boost your damage when you need to deal intense DPS.

Mastery is by far #1, all you have to do is read the description for that one. Mastery in destro increases your effects using embers... That's key.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]