Conquest Quartermaster Gone

(Locked)

Support Forum Agent
10/08/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Charmiee
i mean this should be hot fixed as soon as problem is found,

It doesn't always work like that, Charmiee. A hotfix can be used to add a lot of bug fixes and slight changes to the game, but some fixes, especially specific content change requires a patch.

I can't say for certain if the items missing from vendors is a bug or an intended change. I've made my inquires. I don't have any specific time frame on when that might be though, it could be later today or later this week. I will be happy to update as soon as I hear something back.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
dal only sell season 9, who wants that in BG against full season 11 players

EXactly.

Sorry folks that keep posting about Dal....but it does nothing to resolve the problem.
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
The game moves forward, always.

And really, even if you're sticking in the 85 bracket, the gear isn't all that good.

People can equip level 85 toons with things like Fletcher's Sharpening Shoulders or Umbrella of Chi-Ji. With those stats, the old PvP gear just pales in comparison.
"The Universe just loves proving me wrong, doesn't it?" -- Sokka
"You make it too easy!" -- Toph
90 Blood Elf Rogue
10/08/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Vrakthris

It doesn't always work like that, Charmiee. A hotfix can be used to add a lot of bug fixes and slight changes to the game, but some fixes, especially specific content change requires a patch.

I can't say for certain if the items missing from vendors is a bug or an intended change. I've made my inquires. I don't have any specific time frame on when that might be though, it could be later today or later this week. I will be happy to update as soon as I hear something back.

Thank you Varkthris. No matter what the outcome may be, we appreciate your efforts.
90 Blood Elf Rogue

And really, even if you're sticking in the 85 bracket, the gear isn't all that good.

People can equip level 85 toons with things like Fletcher's Sharpening Shoulders or Umbrella of Chi-Ji. With those stats, the old PvP gear just pales in comparison.

Not really.

Of course having MoP blues doesn't hurt ( I've purchased several myself ), but PvP resil and PvP power simply can't be underestimated.
5 Gnome Warlock

there are tons of people who are not 90 or with lower than 90 alts, you can't expect everyone to be 90 only 1 week into mop. without resilience we got slaughted in BG which makes it absolutely no fun, by blizzard's own design
18 Human Paladin

sure appreciate your effort, just want to let you know it affects tons of people every game they play, it's a significant problem for the masses, including all those who choose to level via pvp BG. i hope blizzard will pay enough attention and fix this asap, there's just no reason not to, for the service of their paying customers

thanks
Edited by Charmiee on 10/8/2012 5:04 PM PDT
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
10/08/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Kindiee
there are tons of people who are not 90 or with lower than 90 alts, you can't expect everyone to be 90 only 1 week into mop. without resilience we got slaughted in BG which makes it absolutely no fun, by blizzard's own design

It's two weeks in, and no, I'm not expecting everyone to be 90. But the point I'm making is that the game is moving forward now, and gear that may have been useful at a previous level cap is often made unavailable - Blizzard has done this regularly, sometimes even in the same expansion (remember the changes to the blue purchasable sets in Burning Crusade?).

And quite frankly, battlegrounds aren't supposed to be equal in gear level. If you don't have resilience, level up and get more.
"Hey you just posted, and this is crazy,
But here's a sticky, so read it maybe?" -- Roraks
18 Human Paladin

It's two weeks in, and no, I'm not expecting everyone to be 90. But the point I'm making is that the game is moving forward now, and gear that may have been useful at a previous level cap is often made unavailable - Blizzard has done this regularly, sometimes even in the same expansion (remember the changes to the blue purchasable sets in Burning Crusade?).

And quite frankly, battlegrounds aren't supposed to be equal in gear level. If you don't have resilience, level up and get more.
"Hey you just posted, and this is crazy,
But here's a sticky, so read it maybe?" -- Roraks

blizzard's design is to allow leveling up doing pvp, as compared to pve, that's why BG give significant amount of exp, 1 bar per win actually, without pvp gear, how do i level up to 90 to begin with?

leveling equates to quests and dungeons are old
Edited by Charmiee on 10/8/2012 5:38 PM PDT
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
10/08/2012 05:33 PMPosted by Charmiee
blizzard's design is to allow leveling up doing pvp, as compared to pve, that's why BG give significant amount of exp, 1 bar per win actually, without pvp gear, how do i level up to 90 to begin with?

It's still allowed. And quite possible. It's just not as easy as you might prefer it to be.
"Shhh. My common sense is tingling." -- Wade Wilson
18 Human Paladin
10/08/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Pahanda

It's still allowed. And quite possible. It's just not as easy as you might prefer it to be.

what i am saying is no pvp vendor is of the same importance of quest/dungeon drops no loot, it needs to be fixed asap, not something insignificant
90 Tauren Hunter
10/08/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Charmiee

what i am saying is no pvp vendor is of the same importance of quest/dungeon drops no loot, it needs to be fixed asap, not something insignificant

Who said it was insignificant. Where in this thread do you see where someone said this issue was insignificant. I didn't see the blue poster say that, nor any other person. The point the blue poster made is that not everything can be changed with a hotfix, like a lot of ppl would hope can happen.
18 Human Paladin

Who said it was insignificant. Where in this thread do you see where someone said this issue was insignificant. I didn't see the blue poster say that, nor any other person. The point the blue poster made is that not everything can be changed with a hotfix, like a lot of ppl would hope can happen.

after so many days we don't even know 1) if they are going to fix it, 2) what's ETA
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
10/08/2012 06:12 PMPosted by Charmiee
after so many days we don't even know 1) if they are going to fix it, 2) what's ETA

That's correct. I would proceed for now under the assumption that this was an intended change, and get on with playing the game. Vrakthris will pass on what information he can, but the people who will get it for him are very busy.
"Grathan's trouble, see. Big trouble. Mad scientist type. Likes weapons. Cyborgs. Droids. Ergonomic chairs." -- Captain Bryn
18 Human Paladin
10/08/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Pahanda

That's correct. I would proceed for now under the assumption that this was an intended change, and get on with playing the game. Vrakthris will pass on what information he can, but the people who will get it for him are very busy.
"Grathan's trouble, see. Big trouble. Mad scientist type. Likes weapons. Cyborgs. Droids. Ergonomic chairs." -- Captain Bryn

that's what i have problem with, busy with what? i think this is among the highest priority issues since it affects a whole category of players who chose to level via pvp
90 Blood Elf Rogue

that's what i have problem with, busy with what? i think this is among the highest priority issues since it affects a whole category of players who chose to level via pvp

/cheer
Edited by Sharaelia on 10/8/2012 9:56 PM PDT
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
10/08/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Charmiee

Busy with fixing server-breaking bugs, like the one from Sunday. Busy with fixing end-game content so that guilds can progress. Busy with fixing bugged quests so players don't get stuck and unable to continue.

Quite frankly, a missing PvP vendor - particularly not one for max-level items - is not even close to high priority.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -- The Fourth Doctor (in "Robot")
18 Human Paladin
10/08/2012 10:03 PMPosted by Pahanda

Busy with fixing server-breaking bugs, like the one from Sunday. Busy with fixing end-game content so that guilds can progress. Busy with fixing bugged quests so players don't get stuck and unable to continue.

Quite frankly, a missing PvP vendor - particularly not one for max-level items - is not even close to high priority.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -- The Fourth Doctor (in "Robot")

my main levels to 90 via quests alone, i haven't run into any of the quest problems, end-game content? how about helping people get to 90 first.

yeah i know pvp is considered 2nd rate compared to pve, that attitude is what makes wow lost lots of subscriptions

it's blizzard's game, they can do what they want, but so can players vote with their money
90 Blood Elf Warrior
10/08/2012 10:03 PMPosted by Pahanda

I don't understand how it's not. People are going from 85 to 90 and a lot of us don't want to quest or run the same dungeons 10 million times to level our alts. Some of us choose battlegrounds because we find them less boring to do over and over. How are people supposed to get all their alts to 90 without decent 85 PVP gear? I can't imagine anybody wanting to do the exact same boring quest chains 11 times.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]