Am i supposed to use CS on cooldown

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Back in cata we usually used the CS, filler, filler CS rotation

Right now in EJ's rotation CS sits rather low on the priority list - do i strictly follow the list, and cast skiills preferential to it even though its up?

Cuz i find myself twiddling my thumbs alot of the time
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Its not a rotation for one, its a priority list. Whatever sits at the top of the priority list gets used on cooldown, with everything below it being used on cooldown except when the higher priority ability is available. You should never use Crusader Strike when exorcism is available, you should never use exorcism when hammer of wrath is available, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ONE
In cata cs was used on cd because until 2pt13 it was the only way we could generate HP, and even with it cs got used on cd because it dealt more damage than judgement.

The reason DS sits as low as it does on the priority list is a result of 2 things:
1. We have more HP generators now, 2 of which deal more damage than cs.
2. Because we scale better w/ haste now, and can pool 5 HP, it will be up more often than you can effectively use it (as in you need to spend GCD on tv because you are at cap.) before with our GCD restrictions, it only came up often enough to use it after 2 fillers, one of which was replaced by a HP spender when available, meaning tv and cs never conflicted.

So now pretty much just follow priority.
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 01:05 AMPosted by Retsu
Its not a rotation for one, its a priority list. Whatever sits at the top of the priority list gets used on cooldown, with everything below it being used on cooldown except when the higher priority ability is available. You should never use Crusader Strike when exorcism is available, you should never use exorcism when hammer of wrath is available, etc.

Still a rotation partially, considering you still repeat certain events as they occur.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]