Where is the war?

90 Human Paladin
I was convinced that MOP would be focused mostly on the war between the horde and the alliance. When I bought the expansion, I envisioned massive wars, great battles, sieges, and territorial conquest. Now I will admit I have seen a bit of it, but mostly this expansion has focused on the stupid pandas and their inner piece bull!@#$. If I wanted to find inner piece, I would have rolled a monk. I want war and bloodshed. Every damn time I see lorewalker cho involved in a quest, my first though is "%^-*, more meditation." Now I brought this up ingame back in the Jade forest and I was told that the war plot thickens in later zones. I'm at the end of the Townlong steppes, and since the forest I haven't seen a single Horde-alliance skirmish. When does the damn war start? I'm so sick of these stupid looking pandas telling me how bad war is, and how we need to stop fighting. Sure maybe later, right now I just want to steamroll and orc or two. Is that really so much to ask for?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This is the calm before the storm: we're part of the scouting parties that are exploring the continent, and this serves to introduce we the players to the lore and characters of Pandaria. In two months, the full force of the Alliance and Horde are crashing down onto the shores, and that's when !@#$ hits the fan.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
If you had looked into the expansion more, you would have seen that Blizzard said there are two story-lines for Mists. One which ends wraps up with the initial launch, exploring Pandaria and learning about its inhabitants, and then the war between the Horde and Alliance, will will roll out with 5.1, when the Horde and Alliance arrive in force in Pandaria.

Both factions are stranded with no connection with their homes (story-wise) and barely have enough forces to defend against a small threat, let alone each other.

Cool your bits, man, it's coming.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hmmmmm I must have read something wrong then, because at the pearlwhatever Jinyu city, when Taylor first wakes up that crazy flight commander chick that you fly in with tells him that the Alliace is occupied with the Horde elsewhere and that he will not be getting reinforcements. I took that as meaning that the full forces were conflicting somewhere else, but that they were on Pandaria.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
10/06/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Ullerraa
Hmmmmm I must have read something wrong then, because at the pearlwhatever Jinyu city, when Taylor first wakes up that crazy flight commander chick that you fly in with tells him that the Alliace is occupied with the Horde elsewhere and that he will not be getting reinforcements. I took that as meaning that the full forces were conflicting somewhere else, but that they were on Pandaria.

Have you finished questing in the Jade Forest?

We are part of the first wave. That doesn't mean we're a small group of 5 people. It means we're a small skirmish army with scouts. We play the scouts as players.

In a month or two, the full armies arrive. We then get to live with what we do to this land.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
We were part of the army sent to find the Prince. The rest of the army is catching up to us.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
We are pretty much exploring the land and mapping it out and trying to gain allies before our reinforcments come. Next patch the war heats up.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Wonder if the Grookin Hozen, Pearlfin Jinyu and the recently allied Pandaren will play a role in the coming conflict, or will they fade into nothingness that stole the Broken, Taunka and Frostborn?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Even if we accept the "OMG we're just scouts" stuff, Blizzard could have made more effort to make the Stormwind look like it's preparing for war, rather than "everything's business as usual until you get to Pandaria."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]