Modifier Macros Casting Wrong Spells

90 Orc Shaman
So here's my issue, and it's been a long standing one. I have no idea if I should open a ticket, post in bugs section, or just give up on modifier macros:

Given a macro such as:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt] fire nova
/cast flame shock
/startattack

If I mash it with alt down (repeatedly, I'm a button masher) it always casts the flame shock in addition to the fire nova, either before or after. The main issue seems to be that the game is really slow to pick up on the modifier, because sometimes it'll cast flame shock instead of fire nova even when i've had the modifier pressed for a few seconds. I have no idea what to do about this, but as an enhance shaman screwing up ANY part of my rotation is a drastic loss in dps. Any tips?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Also, for some reason this doesn't work. Where's my syntax wrong?

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt] fire nova, [nomod] Flame Shock
/startattack
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Flame Shock, [mod:alt] fire nova
/startattack

And this tries to cast fire nova even with no modifier pressed?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
You're telling it to cast Flame Shock regardless of whether or not you have alt held down, so occasionally it casts it. Use this instead:#showtooltip
/use [mod:alt]Fire Nova;Flame Shock
/startattack

http://www.wowpedia.org/Making_a_macro
http://www.macroexplain.com/

Edit: I just saw your other posts. I'll respond to them in a second.
Edited by Choonster on 10/6/2012 7:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
#showtooltip
/cast Flame Shock, [mod:alt] fire nova
/startattack

This does nothing. I'm so confused right now, it's been a few years since I worked on macros but this stuff should be right.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
Also, for some reason this doesn't work. Where's my syntax wrong?

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt] fire nova, [nomod] Flame Shock
/startattack

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Flame Shock, [mod:alt] fire nova
/startattack

And this tries to cast fire nova even with no modifier pressed?

#showtooltip
/cast Flame Shock, [mod:alt] fire nova
/startattack

This does nothing. I'm so confused right now, it's been a few years since I worked on macros but this stuff should be right.

In all of these macros you're using a comma where you should have a semicolon. See my first post for more detail.

Even if you put a semicolon in the third one, it wouldn't do what you want because you've told it to unconditionally cast Flame Shock.
Edited by Choonster on 10/6/2012 7:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
ah hell i needed a semicolon instead of a coma, thanks

And you're right, I forgot it would progress through a line even if it failed on the first. I was thinking it did a check on each line, when really it just checks along the line.

EDIT: Believe it or not, my Lightning bolt/chain lightning macro right next to it is the same thing and set up right. I'm a little special sometimes.
Edited by Rathshock on 10/6/2012 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]