funny thing that perception, lol

(Locked)

90 Gnome Warlock
Here's what "should" happen:

- Attn Customers, we are investigating reports of players stuck at connecting. We are looking into this are will update as soon as possible.

^ that took, 11 sec :( I'm a slow typer on Sunday's it seems. lol

What is happening:

- Players are stuck at connecting... does blizzard know? do they care? what's happening?

^ is it an overreaction? sure... but like a said, funny thing perception is, isn't it Blizzard?
42 Night Elf Rogue
It's hard to believe that this is the most popular MMO given its frequently disappointing performance.
90 Pandaren Monk
Blue Post is needed. Enough said
90 Worgen Warrior

- Attn Customers, we are investigating reports of players stuck at connecting. We are looking into this are will update as soon as possible.

What is happening:

- Players are stuck at connecting... does blizzard know? do they care? what's happening?

^ is it an overreaction? sure... but like a said, funny thing perception is, isn't it Blizzard?

I dare ya to walk up directly to the people who handle such announcements at that corporation because you will not get that far to them and you do not know how the process that goes into making such announcements functions in this community. I imagine that they are aware of the issue and are looking into it ASAP.
Edited by Ragorith on 10/7/2012 11:00 AM PDT
It's that the game is so good and so addicting, people tend to overlook the technical issues. Also, millions of people have so much time,money, and friends invested into this game that they aren't just going to quit.
90 Gnome Warlock
10/07/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Corporations
It's hard to believe that this is the most popular MMO given its frequently disappointing performance.

agreed... sadly, this is the industry standard. Though "most" of the industry is either FtP, or no sub.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/07/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Corporations
Meh, they have alot fewer issues then some of the F2P games.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Not an over reaction! It's like when McDonald's gives you the wrong burger. First you blame the single brain celled organism that took your order and then you go yell at management! When they ignore you... well... McDonald's is usually better about this stuff. But then they spend billions making people want to eat there. Blizzard spends it on making pandas' butts !@#$le properly ;)
90 Human Paladin

What is happening:

I dare ya to walk up directly to the people who handle such announcements at that corporation because you will not get that far to them and you do not know how the process that goes into making such announcements functions in this community. I imagine that they are aware of the issue and are looking into it ASAP.

same could be said about your post

10/07/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Machow
Blue Post is needed. Enough said

^ agree
90 Gnome Warlock
10/07/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Ragorith

I'm sure you are right... however, I would have NO problem what so ever walking up to a fellow employee... or hell, walking to a computer myself, logging onto the Customer Service forums, taking 11 seconds, and typing that message.

A message like that offers no time commitment, no "guarantees", nothing more than an acknowledgement of awareness.

It's not a difficult process... at all!
90 Goblin Shaman

It shouldn't take a committee. It's a simple acknowledgement of the problem, without making any promises regarding timeline for a fix. There's no reason not to post it other than not posting an admission that they borked something in the restarts.

Bonus, it would keep the clutter down in this form. 20+ "ZOMG Y I NO CONNECT?" threads doesn't help anybody.
90 Worgen Mage

What is happening:

Worked in the Corporate world at the executive level, have handled support in the corporate world at the executive level.

In most corporations a post explaining they are looking into it requires "Anyone" who is available that can post to do so. And doesn't require paperwork, etc...

So, they should be able to at least post that. The fact they have said nothing leaves you wondering if they have even realized there is a problem. Being a Sunday and no notice makes it appear that no one is on staff that can deal with the issue.
69 Orc Death Knight
10/07/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Enymy
Not an over reaction! It's like when McDonald's gives you the wrong burger. First you blame the single brain celled organism that took your order and then you go yell at management!

With attitudes like this, I'd recommend skipping letting others prepare your food. It won't be healthy.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]