Still cannot connect, not even to Starcraft?

90 Undead Warlock
whats the authenticator have to do with it?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Ok, it's been over an hour since the servers went offline and still can't log in. Let's do the math. Say you pay the $14.99 monthly subscription and you only have 8 hours to play every month. That comes out to roughly $1.88 an hour, but suddenly you can't play for 8 hours, instead the system only allows you to log in and play for 6 hours when you want to play. Now you are paying $2.49 an hour instead of $1.88... Get my drift? <rhetorical>... We are paying by the hour whether we realize it or not and every minute matters. - I've been playing this game for nearly 8 years and have yet to see Blizz compensate anyone for the down time. <taking a nap> Wake me up when this nightmare is over!
Edited by Nosferat on 10/7/2012 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
10/07/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Konfupanda
This is killing me.

You made that monk right before the servers dropped, didn't you?
Reply Quote
2 Pandaren Monk
Lol yup
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
10/07/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Crymsynn
whats the authenticator have to do with it?
When I activated my authenticator (I was testing all kinds of stuff to get on) to ask every time I log in I no longer got the "connecting" text. That's why I was asking.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
so your on now?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
10/07/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Konfupanda
Lol yup

I feel for ya. I was just finishing my last Golden Lotus Dailies, then I was free to pvp or dungeon to my hearts content. Oh well, as long as I get my quests done today I don't care.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
10/07/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Crymsynn
so your on now?

Nope, still down.
Reply Quote
Yeah on now, GG.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
That has to be the worst....decided to go ahead and make the Monk to see what all the hoopla was about ...really was getting into it and server restarts...the anticipation grows as the minutes tick away for the restart and then >>>>>BLIZZ lets you down with a authenticator crash :(... That stinks !
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I use an Authenticator... But I doubt that the 700k (plus) people trying to log in and are unable to use one. The problem is not the Authenticator. The problem is sloppy programming.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
i did the authenticator thing, now im stuck on cancel lol
...but still not on
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Hunter
The problem is the AUTHENTICATION SERVER... not the Blizzard authenticators. Confusing, I know, but those are two completely different things.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
10/07/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Nosferat
I use an Authenticator... But I doubt that the 700k (plus) people trying to log in and are unable to use one. The problem is not the Authenticator. The problem is sloppy programming.

Never said it would do anything, I just wanted to change it, had an excuse to stop playing and turn it on, and now there is no text/I still cant log.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
And no I still can't log in. <sad Panda face> =8(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
wahhh :'(
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
10/07/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Hibiscus
The problem is the AUTHENTICATION SERVER... not the Blizzard authenticators. Confusing, I know, but those are two completely different things.

I know, the original question was posted before they annouced what the problem was. I was asking regarding the "connecting" text on the login screen. With my authenticator on it doesn't display, but when it's off it does.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I understood you, Ezo... no worries :)))
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Any news? Still down for me...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]