Monk Macro's 101

90 Pandaren Monk
Sup!

If you got any macro's you want to share that is usefull and so on feel free to post some. There's not really that much floating around so i guess this will help people out.

So just write a discription on what the macro is and what it does.

I'll start of with a very basic one.

Mouseover Detox

#showtooltip Detox
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Detox;Detox

This macro will cast Detox on your mouseover target, if they are a friendly player and they are not dead. Otherwise, it will cast Detox on your current target.

Go for it!~

Remember to Request Sticky!
Edited by Skadoosh on 10/7/2012 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
I dont know what people think of merging tigereye brew and energizing brew into 1 button, but that is exactly what i did, also has a button glow when it gets to 10 stacks of tigereye brew using weak aura's add on.

#showtooltip Energizing Brew
/cast Energizing Brew
/Cast Tigereye Brew

"these do not trigger a global cooldown"

if you want you may also add any trinkets uses and Xeun if you have him.

For me the Tigereye Brew gets to 10 stacks just as fast as Energizing Brew's CD anyways

also have a macro for my engineering tinker synapes springs to gloves with my blackout kick, though i will prob change this to jab soon.

i was going to make the Detox macro self, but u did it for me so thanks.
Edited by Throttlatar on 10/7/2012 6:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Like thrott I set a macro for all trinks/buff that arent on any GCDs something simple like

/use 13
/use 14
/cast Energizing Brew
/cast Tigereye Brew
/cast Fortifying Brew (for kicks)

and for those moments where you want to keep the melee going without reselecting targets

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Jab

targets nearest threat and is a nice way to keep the brawl going.

Just be careful when putting /startattack in macros as it instantly puts you in combat with the nearest threat so hitting a button on accident can cause wipes instead of your char simply saying "I do not have a target".. sucks the most when you tie it to a instant cast that you maybe like to start fights with and yes...i have done this
Have fun and enjoi.
Edited by Xiangshu on 10/7/2012 6:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
#showtooltip
/cast [help]renewing mist; [harm]disable

#showtooltip
/cast [help]soothing mist; [harm]grapple weapon

#showtooltip
/cast [help]surging mist; [harm]Paralysis

#showtooltip
/cast [help]enveloping mist; [harm]spear hand strike
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Nice, keep em coming
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Essential:

#showtooltip Grapple Weapon
/yell YOINK!
/cast Grapple Weapon
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
For lulz

#showtooltip Touch of Death
/spit
/wave
/bye
/cast Touch of Death

sure you can shorten that somehow
Edited by Skadoosh on 1/21/2013 6:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
#showtooltip surging mist
/run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX"):
/console sound_enableSFX 0
/cast thunder focus tea
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx):
/cast surging mist

i use this macro across most of my toons. disabling the error message is pleasent, but also helps you keep TFT on cd where possible. not for everyone, but i use it as a new emergency button, and the macro works great for any abilities you want to combine thhat dont share cooldowns.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Invoke Xuen

This Wow Monk DPS cooldown macro combines the major Windwalker DPS cooldowns along with your Chi Brew ability to refill your Chi to make the most of the increased damage from White Tiger and from Tigereye Brew.

Will only activate one of your trinkets (if you have two on use trinkets). Modify to fit your needs

#showtooltip Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Chi Brew
/cast Tigereye Brew
/cast Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger

Expel Harm and Jab macro

This Wow Windwalker monk macro combines two of your basic abilities, your Jab and your Expel Harm. Simply use a modifier of your choice, like control, shift or right click to Expel Harm instead of Jab. Its a nice quick macro that should help your healers in heavy aoe damage encounters when dps takes some damage. Also a great monk pvp macro.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod] Expel Harm; [btn:2] Expel Harm; Jab

Rising Sun Kick and Blackout Kick macro

This Wow monk macro allows you to spam blackout kick until Rising Sun Kick comes available. It resets after.

/castsequence reset=8 Rising Sun Kick, Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick

Surging Mist
This macro will cast Surging Mist at your mouseover target, if you don’t have a mouseover target, it will cast it on your target. If you don’t have either a target or a mouseover, it will heal yourself.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, exists, noharm, nodead][@target, exists, noharm, nodead][] Surging Mist

Tiger's lust

Tiger’s Lust removes movement impairing effects and increases movement speed. But, you need a macro to use it effectively. This macro for Wow casts Tiger’s Lust on yourself if you left click it or bind it to a key. If you right click it, it casts Tiger’s Lust on your focus.

#showtooltip Tiger's Lust
/cast [button:2,@focus,exists] Tiger's Lust; [button:1,@player] Tiger's Lust; [@player] Tiger's Lust
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
And more............

Spear Hand Strike

This Wow macro for monks Spear Hand Strike ability first attempts to interrupt your focus. You can set your target to your focus by typing /focus. If you don’t have a focus and want to use mouseover targets, you can hold down control and keybind it. Lastly, if none of those conditions were met, it will cast Spear Hand Strike on your target.

I replaced Spear Hand Strike on my action bar with this and use it all the time.

#showtooltip Spear Hand Strike
/cast [@focus, exists] [mod:ctrl,@mouseover] [] Spear Hand Strike

Wooshie Finger Hold

#showtooltip
/use [mod:shift,@focus][@mouseover, harm][harm] Paralysis

You can do the same for the panda racial one as well.
Edited by Skadoosh on 1/21/2013 6:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Nice
Stickyed!
Reply Quote
25 Human Paladin
:O
Reply Quote
I like to make use of a lot of control modifiers to save space. Pressing does one, pressing while holding down control does another. Tool-ships and icons flash up accordingly with whatever spell is going to be cast.

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Tiger Palm; [mod:ctrl]Expel Harm

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Jab; [mod:ctrl]Spinning Crane Kick

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Rising Sun Kick; [mod:ctrl]Fists of Fury

Not the most amazing macros, but they save me a lot of space.

I have a razer naga mouse that I've bound most of my utility / CC -related spells to, already.

f1-f6 are my cooldowns, trinkets, potions, and o-dang buttons.
Edited by Shugan on 10/8/2012 1:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
This Wow monk macro allows you to spam blackout kick until Rising Sun Kick comes available. It resets after.

/castsequence reset=8 Rising Sun Kick, Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick

I dont think this will work the way you expect it to. This will only reset to RSK 8 seconds after the last time you pressed the button (which essentially means you'll get a bunch of BoKs and no more RSKs).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I use a lot of keymod macros to consolidate skills.

For my BM spec:
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Keg Smash; Jab

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Blackout Kick; [mod:ctrl] Breath of Fire; Tiger Palm

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Elusive Brew; [mod:ctrl] Purifying Brew; Guard

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Clash; Dizzying Haze

I borrowed this one from my druid:
#showtooltip
/cast [nocombat] Zen Flight; Roll

This will pop Zen flight outside of combat and will roll while in combat. Druid version casts aquatic form while swimming, travel form in combat and flight form in all other cases.
Edited by Korelli on 10/8/2012 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Guys seriously stop macroing all of your CDs together it is an awful idea and many of them don't even compliment each other...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/08/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Augiddin
Guys seriously stop macroing all of your CDs together it is an awful idea and many of them don't even compliment each other...

Why is it such an awful idea?

My macro strategy is to condense skills into a handful of key slots to free up more space on my bar for situational abilities.

I tend to combine similar use abilities into the same skill slot. It's more natural to me to have all of my tank's defensive abilities in the same slot. For my monk, I will always go to '1' to generate Chi, I will always go to '2' for Chi based attacks, and '4' for primary defensive abilities.

Across all characters, '5' is always a taunt/combat opener and '6' is always heals.

When I set up a skill bar, each of my action slots is given a specific role. With my monk, when I press '1' I know I will always unleash an attack to generate Chi. When I press '6' I will always heal. Often times it means some skills lots will have multiple CDs tied to them, but the plus side is that no matter what mod key I have pressed, I know what each skill slot will do.

Elusive Brew may not always be the best option, but it will at least provide some extra defense if I pressed [Shift]-4 instead of [Ctrl]-4 for Purifying Brew.

This set up compensates (slightly) for potential mistakes. If I'm trying to protect myself, I press 4. No questions asked. Once in a while, I might hit the wrong mod key, but I know I will never accidentally attack when I'm trying to defend.
Edited by Korelli on 10/8/2012 2:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
10/08/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Korelli

Why is it such an awful idea?

My macro strategy is to condense skills into a handful of key slots to free up more space on my bar for situational abilities.

I tend to combine similar use abilities into the same skill slot. It's more natural to me to have all of my tank's defensive abilities in the same slot. For my monk, I will always go to '1' to generate Chi, I will always go to '2' for Chi based attacks, and '4' for primary defensive abilities.

Across all characters, '5' is always a taunt/combat opener and '6' is always heals.

When I set up a skill bar, each of my action slots is given a specific role. With my monk, when I press '1' I know I will always unleash an attack to generate Chi. When I press '6' I will always heal. Often times it means some skills lots will have multiple CDs tied to them, but the plus side is that no matter what mod key I have pressed, I know what each skill slot will do.

Elusive Brew may not always be the best option, but it will at least provide some extra defense if I pressed [Shift]-4 instead of [Ctrl]-4 for Purifying Brew.

This set up compensates (slightly) for potential mistakes. If I'm trying to protect myself, I press 4. No questions asked. Once in a while, I might hit the wrong mod key, but I know I will never accidentally attack when I'm trying to defend.

I think he means people who place a ton of non-gcd CD's into a single macro so when it's pressed it pops them all at once. It seems "efficient" because it condenses keybinds, but it's lazy and not as effective as keybinding them separately and using them as intended, when needed.

For PVP, I *could* macro my +health PVP trinket into my Fortifying Brew but what if I would have lived with just my +health trinket moments ago, but just died because I didn't have my Fort Brew up because I unnecessarily blew it with my +health trinket?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
You shouldn't just be using skills unnecessarily for the sake of condensing key binds, If you are then you need to work on improving. Your argument that you put similar abilities on the same key with different mods is just basically accepting the fact that you can't even memorize your own key binds.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm trying to set up a macro for my Windwalker Monk to [Auto Attack] after I cast [Provoke] on a target, but I've never created a macro before. Can anyone tell me what sequence to use?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]