Spear Hand Strike
#showtooltip
/cast Spear Hand Strike
/say Silence of 1000 Mournful Acolytes!

Paralysis
#showtooltip
/cast Paralysis
/say Jinyu's Enlightened Needlework!

Why? Because KUNG FU motherclucker, that's why.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/08/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Augiddin
Guys seriously stop macroing all of your CDs together it is an awful idea and many of them don't even compliment each other...

I really only have one macro that blows all CDs , apart from that i bind them seprate cause its better for me in pvp and also pve.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
#showtooltip
/y ATATATATATATATATATATA
/cast Fists of Fury
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/08/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Augiddin
Guys seriously stop macroing all of your CDs together it is an awful idea and many of them don't even compliment each other...

You have a point, but I thought it was good to have a "BRING IT!" macro. You know for when you just really need to take the hits.

#showtooltip Fortifying Brew
/cast Fortifying Brew
/cast Elusive Brew
/cast Avert Harm

I have these separated out on my keybinds as well. Just a quick power blast for when i see things going downhill.
Reply Quote
93 Pandaren Monk
10/08/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Augiddin
You shouldn't just be using skills unnecessarily for the sake of condensing key binds, If you are then you need to work on improving. Your argument that you put similar abilities on the same key with different mods is just basically accepting the fact that you can't even memorize your own key binds.

Edit:
I wrote this late last night from my phone, so I wanted to clarify things...just in case this pose suffered from a tired brain.

Take a closer look at my macros. I'll use my defensive slot as an example:
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Elusive Brew; [mod:ctrl] Purifying Brew; Guard

That's not a dump cast. I don't use those skills unnecessarily; each one requires a unique key combination. '4' will cast guard. Shift-4 will cast Elusive Brew. Ctrl-4 will cast Purifying Brew (Once I reach 75). I still have to activate each skill manually, and I still have to memorize the same number of key binds.

You may choose to memorize 1, 2, and 3. I choose to memorize 4, Shift-4, and Ctrl-4.

My macros are designed to fit more skills into fewer spaces while still leaving me in complete control over what ability is cast when. The only automated macro I use is my Druid's travel macro which casts a different movement form depending on my environment (Aquatic while swimming, travel while in combat, and flight everywhere else). It's my "escape" macro, and I have more than enough room for it on my bar because I've condensed skills in other areas.

As far as always putting healing abilities in '6' and primary attack abilities in '1', that's meant to eliminate the need to refresh my memory when switching between alts. I don't need to reacquaint myself with a different rotation, because I always know where my skills are on every toon. I can focus on the rhythm of the rotation rather than the buttons in[ the rotation. It's not that I'm unable to memorize multiple sets of keybinds, but rather that I don't need to.
Edited by Korelli on 10/9/2012 6:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Zen Flight; [swimming] Sea Turtle; [flyable] Sandstone Drake; Raven Lord;

/cast [mod:shift, @mouseover, exists, help] Uplift; [mod:shift] Uplift; [@mouseover, exists, help] Renewing Mist; [harm] Tiger Palm; Renewing Mist;

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift, @mouseover, help] Surging Mist; [mod:shift, help] Surging Mist; [@mouseover, help] Soothing Mist; [harm, mod:shift] Expel Harm; [harm] Jab; Soothing Mist;

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Energizing Brew; Tigereye Brew;
/use [nomod] 10;

/cast [@mouseover, mod:shift, help] Enveloping Mist; [mod:shift] Enveloping Mist; [@mouseover,help] Zen Sphere; [harm] Blackout Kick; Zen Sphere;
Edited by Phopaw on 10/8/2012 9:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
/cast provoke
/startattack

it doesn't seem to be working properly... do i need to restart the game, or am i doing something wrong with the script?
Reply Quote
72 Pandaren Monk
Hey all, Im new to macros and looking for help to make one for mistmonk. I tried to make one hoping it was as simple as this but it wasn't.

/cast Stance of the Wise Serpent
/cast Soothing Mist
/cast Surging Mist
/cast Stance of the Fierce Tiger

basically i want it for a quick heal using Surging Mist while channeling Soothing Mist then go back into tiger stance when im out questing and get a little overwhelmed. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
This Wow monk macro allows you to spam blackout kick until Rising Sun Kick comes available. It resets after.

I dont think this will work the way you expect it to. This will only reset to RSK 8 seconds after the last time you pressed the button (which essentially means you'll get a bunch of BoKs and no more RSKs).

I'm using this macro, first it uses RSK then Blackout Kicks until RSK is off cd then uses it again.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Bump
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
For AoE taunting with your statue

#showtooltip Provoke
/target Black Ox Statue
/cast Provoke
/targetlasttarget
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hey all, Im new to macros and looking for help to make one for mistmonk. I tried to make one hoping it was as simple as this but it wasn't.

/cast Soothing Mist
/cast Surging Mist

basically i want it for a quick heal using Surging Mist while channeling Soothing Mist then go back into tiger stance when im out questing and get a little overwhelmed. Any help would be appreciated.

Macros can't combine multiple spells which trigger the GCG, unless you're doing something called a castsequence which I don't know enough about to help with. I believe everything you have listed there triggers a GCD, which is why it's not working for you.
Reply Quote
Bah Micro's are out, go buy a Naga and you're fine.
Reply Quote
63 Blood Elf Monk
Agro with bind key middle mouse button
#showtooltip
/targetenemy [dead][noharm][noexists]
/castsequence [mod:alt] Clash; reset=35 Dizzying Haze

protection with bind key z
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=30 Guard,Expel Harm,Zen Sphere
Reply Quote
63 Blood Elf Monk
#showtooltip
/targetenemy [dead][noharm][noexists]
/castsequence [mod:alt] Fists of Fury; reset=6 Jab,Spinning Fire Blossom,Jab,Tiger Palm,Jab,Jab,Blackout Kick,Spinning Crane Kick
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/08/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Temek
I'm trying to set up a macro for my Windwalker Monk to [Auto Attack] after I cast [Provoke] on a target, but I've never created a macro before. Can anyone tell me what sequence to use?

/cast Provoke
/startattack

Should do the trick.
Edited by Toastman on 10/12/2012 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
/cast [target=arena3] Touch of karma
/cast [target=focus] Spear hand strike
/cast [target=focus] paralysis
/cast [nochanneling] Zen Meditation

This should work, my servers down so its not a direct copy paste
/cast [nopet] Transcendence; Transcendence: Transfer; [mod:shift] Transcendence

The added modifier is because it relocates your portal to your current location (ex, not behind that pillar saving your life, and you may want to redrop it)
(Doesn't appear to be working anymore, oh well, was helpful when it did)
Edited by Reqy on 10/12/2012 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
72 Pandaren Monk

/cast Soothing Mist
/cast Surging Mist

Macros can't combine multiple spells which trigger the GCG, unless you're doing something called a castsequence which I don't know enough about to help with. I believe everything you have listed there triggers a GCD, which is why it's not working for you.

Ah ok, Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
This macro is very very very simple but it works on a low level (under level 14) monk.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=3 Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Blackout Kick, Blackout Kick

This is what I'm currently using on my level 12 mistweaver monk while in the healing stance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]