Need help with Monk healing.

90 Pandaren Monk
I have played a healer since classic wow so healing come naturally, usually. But this mistweaver is giving me some major troubles. I am able to heal groups just fine but doing the special boss at the moment for brewfest and I am having so many mana issues! I'm keeping my renewing mist on all the times, and using my uplift also when I have the chi. I've gotten the mana tea glyph, and renewing mist glyph also. I'm using my statue and I will jab when I can get a break from healing to dps! It just seems like I'm having to constantly heal and I don't have a break to be able to do the melee part of monk healing. Seems like tanks are just taking a ton of damage and I'm having to use my soothing mist more and more and draining myself. What exactly should I be doing as a rotation and glyphs and talents? I'm so lost and I've tried so many different ways!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You should try it with a good tank - or one that is actually tank spec, and with tank gear.

Most of the tanks I have healed on that fight do take a fair amount of damage, but it's the aforementioned that really get trucked. I have never once dps'd that fight, but I do believe that if your dps doesn't handle one of the adds correctly (Ilsa?), it makes the fight much worse overall.

It might not seem like that big of a deal, but you are also 89, and it does make a difference, unless you are in mostly Dread Wastes quest gear.

Riôt
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
For some reason, it hasn't updated, I'm level 90. I finally got a decent tank it seemed for it and it wasn't so bad. Tank still died and there were adds running around like crazy but I did finish it. Going to keep working on getting some spirit gear and hopefully that will help out.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/07/2012 08:55 PMPosted by Lianua
For some reason, it hasn't updated, I'm level 90. I finally got a decent tank it seemed for it and it wasn't so bad. Tank still died and there were adds running around like crazy but I did finish it. Going to keep working on getting some spirit gear and hopefully that will help out.

The fight can be painful, especially if the dps is low. I did chain runs for it with friends to get certain items and some groups we plowed through it no issues others the dps was so low it was taking forever and I was able to use some cooldowns more than once.

And on your armory it shows you as 90 but sometimes under your avatar on the forums it takes a bit for it to update.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]