how difficult is warrior tanking?

1 Orc Warrior
Well I went through a few pages in the search and couldn't really find any clear answers and decided to just make a thread
In terms of overall difficulty how hard is warrior tanking compared to other classes? I'm thinking of leveling my 85 warrior through mists and perhaps try tanking this tier, always been a casual player but now that I have a solid internet connection I think I might try steping up to raiding.
Is there also a good up to date warrior tanking resource guide (or just a tanking guide in general that is up to date) or is it too early in the expansion?
one last question is, would leveling from 85-90 as prot be decent or would going fury then trying to gear up at max level be better?
I also realize that a lot of what makes a good tank is just having information, and I am willing to do the research for every fight.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Leveling as prot is always a breeze.

Pull the entire map and move on. The ability called "victory rush" will render you unkillable by quest npcs, also, vengeance will keep you addicted to big chain pulls because the more mobs you get, the harder you hit and the harder you hit, the harder they fall and the harder they fall, the more you heal and the more you heal, the more you can pull and ROAAAR. See what i mean?

Ow, don`t forget insta queues on dungeons.

About the dificulty, well it`s not any harder or easier than the rest. What i mean is, you won`t go WRONG if you choose a warrior.
Edited by Serendipíty on 10/7/2012 9:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I understand from speaking to a warrior that he felt short on interrupts. Hopefully its not a significant problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
tanking as a warrior isnt too bad. your biggest problem will prbly be managing your rage for mitigation. deciding when to block or when to barrier is easy to learn but takes some fine tuning and knowing the move set for mobs and bosses.

For leveling its pretty easy. just pull as many mobs as you can and destroy them. IV will pretty much make you unkillable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 05:31 AMPosted by Hatsune
I understand from speaking to a warrior that he felt short on interrupts. Hopefully its not a significant problem.

not sure how a warrior can feel short on interupts. we have three of them. plus a well timed barrier or reflect makes us pretty good at mitigating missed interupts, and almost immune to magic with good rage managment
Edited by Fullbuster on 10/8/2012 6:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
tanking as a warrior isnt too bad. your biggest problem will prbly be managing your rage for mitigation. deciding when to block or when to barrier is easy to learn but takes some fine tuning and knowing the move set for mobs and bosses.

For leveling its pretty easy. just pull as many mobs as you can and destroy them. IV will pretty much make you unkillable.

Yup, getting use to managing your rage for migration takes a little bit of practice. I feel a lot comfortable with my warrior tank than my pally and bear. IMO
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
not sure how a warrior can feel short on interupts. we have three of them. plus a well timed barrier or reflect makes us pretty good at mitigating missed interupts, and almost immune to magic with good rage managment

That sounds good. He claimed he had only 1 interrupt on a really long timer. It sounds like perhaps he was just embelishing his story. I've only a 1.04 understanding of warrior tanking.

Clearly it sounds more effective than my WOG spam and CD use for casters I miss interrupts on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]