Pally/DK mount speed.

90 Human Warrior
The stuff some people complain about.
Also, I can go faster than you in travel form... with dash or stampeding roar, I can even run in stealth faster than you on a mount... you mad?

You obviously do not understand what I'm talking about.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
No I understand perfectly. You're whining because you're the kind of idiot that thinks clicking on a node first is relevant. That's why you suck at both pvp and pve.

I run at 201% in travel form... with no cooldowns.
I run at 174% in cat... with no cooldowns.
If I dash, I can outrun a mounted pally and DK in cat form, while stealthed.
If I stampeding roar, I can do the same in cat -- or go light speeds in travel form.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/08/2012 12:14 AMPosted by Ranum
Exactly, that's why it should be disabled in BG's. Not just on the Alli side, on the Horde side too;). That some have faster speed on foot, np, but not while mounted. Whether you like doing PvP achievements or not, that is individual, but IT IS a part of the game.

You seem to be cherrypicking words. It's not an unfair advantage, it's available to both Horde and Alliance. It's not a unique buff, either, as a Hunter with a glyph I can get 10% extra speed.

You seem to think what you like is worth more than other things. It's a very minor issue and is still easily remedied by you, rather than by Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
10/07/2012 11:04 PMPosted by Ranum
ALL classes should have that opportunity.

makes them unique. not every class is like another class.. by your logic every class should have dash too, or avatar, or anything. these classes are fine with these very specific passive abilities, and its as said, what makes them unique, if this really bothers you this much to post so furiously.. well.. id feel sorry for you, but i dont.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Only thing I didn't like is that I couldn't get away from a geared 90 paladin and his dk buddy who were camping me all because they ride faster and could catch me. I finally logged because only completing 2 quests in an hour is no fun in panda land.

I'll try again tomorrow when they shouldn't be on.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Should note that I even got a head start but the paladin closed the gap and stunned me to death. I threw out fears but they did nothing as it would seem he was immune to it all.
Reply Quote
79 Human Paladin
All I hear is "WHAAA BLIZZARD WHAAA!! I want you to make this game EZ mode for everybody! Take away perks from specific classes because I wanna be first in AV, AB, and all the other BGs to the flag!! WHAAA!! Blizz next I want you to make me a fury-arms protection warrior so I can tank and DPS at the same time!! WHAAA!! I want you to get rid of classes and have only one class that is exactly the same!! THIS GAME IS TO DIVERSE FOR ME WHA!!!!"

Anyone else get that?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 12:15 AMPosted by Lanolaven
well if you were an engineer you could goblin glider.. no one can beat that.
Not engineer, but good suggestion:)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
No I understand perfectly. You're whining because you're the kind of idiot that thinks clicking on a node first is relevant. That's why you suck at both pvp and pve.

I run at 201% in travel form... with no cooldowns.
I run at 174% in cat... with no cooldowns.
If I dash, I can outrun a mounted pally and DK in cat form, while stealthed.
If I stampeding roar, I can do the same in cat -- or go light speeds in travel form.

Good for you, I bet your dad is real strong too:)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 12:20 AMPosted by Jakkhel
Exactly, that's why it should be disabled in BG's. Not just on the Alli side, on the Horde side too;). That some have faster speed on foot, np, but not while mounted. Whether you like doing PvP achievements or not, that is individual, but IT IS a part of the game.

You seem to be cherrypicking words. It's not an unfair advantage, it's available to both Horde and Alliance. It's not a unique buff, either, as a Hunter with a glyph I can get 10% extra speed.

You seem to think what you like is worth more than other things. It's a very minor issue and is still easily remedied by you, rather than by Blizzard.

You're misunderstanding my point. Obviously it's available on both Alli and Horde, I was being a little sarcastic on that remark. It does not matter whether it's enabled or disabled, as long as it's on both sides of course. It does however matter for the individual player, that only some classes have the opportunity to get an increased mount speed in BG's.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 12:24 AMPosted by Lanolaven
ALL classes should have that opportunity.

makes them unique. not every class is like another class.. by your logic every class should have dash too, or avatar, or anything. these classes are fine with these very specific passive abilities, and its as said, what makes them unique, if this really bothers you this much to post so furiously.. well.. id feel sorry for you, but i dont.

You're talking about battle abilities, I'm talking about mount speed. Two different things.
Reply Quote
I suppose it's ridiculous for Warlocks and hunter to have pets too?

Why even try grabbing a flag when they can just get their pet to auto attack you!?

Why try and melee a shaman when they can just CC you to death!?

Every class has something unique. Get over it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Only thing I didn't like is that I couldn't get away from a geared 90 paladin and his dk buddy who were camping me all because they ride faster and could catch me. I finally logged because only completing 2 quests in an hour is no fun in panda land.

I'll try again tomorrow when they shouldn't be on.

Hadn't thought of that, but yea...another good reason why every class should have the same options regarding to mount speed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 12:43 AMPosted by Zantley
Paladin and DK are the two "Mounted Knight" classes - one light one dark. It makes sense for them to move faster on a mount.

Not really.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/08/2012 01:00 AMPosted by Ranum
You're misunderstanding my point. Obviously it's available on both Alli and Horde, I was being a little sarcastic on that remark. It does not matter whether it's enabled or disabled, as long as it's on both sides of course. It does however matter for the individual player, that only some classes have the opportunity to get an increased mount speed in BG's.

While only some classes have the tools that Warriors have to stick close to an enemy or reliably peel off your healer with a constant snare that is easy to keep up. I'm sure DKs and Paladins would trade the increased mount speed to be more viable in an RBG.

Increased mount speed is not very powerful. Not as much as the ability to stay with the ranged, anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
All I hear is "WHAAA BLIZZARD WHAAA!! I want you to make this game EZ mode for everybody! Take away perks from specific classes because I wanna be first in AV, AB, and all the other BGs to the flag!! WHAAA!! Blizz next I want you to make me a fury-arms protection warrior so I can tank and DPS at the same time!! WHAAA!! I want you to get rid of classes and have only one class that is exactly the same!! THIS GAME IS TO DIVERSE FOR ME WHA!!!!"

Anyone else get that?

You don't understand text well, if that's what you "hear".
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 12:58 AMPosted by Talagand
If one class has an ability, all classes should have it.

Paraphrased slightly to illustrate the utter ridiculousness of it.

"Paraphrased slightly to say something completely different"

Paraphrased slightly to illustrate the utter ridiculousness of it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]