Pally/DK mount speed.

100 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 12:16 AMPosted by Theeverybest
You have a far stronger gap closer than either of them. As a melee class, that's invaluable. Death Grip is a good spell, but it's a lot easier to counter than having an enemy in your face instantly. And stunning you.You are talking about battle abilities and I'm talking about mount speed...

ya we can get somewhere faster(that why we are usually the backup in RBGs) but when it comes to fighting ranged and sometimes other melee, u have the upper hand. so take our special assault skills away and were no more then a war with some magic and less ways to fight ranged

So...the 20% faster mount ability, is what makes you Pally and DK..hmm. What difference does it make, that all DK's and Pallys meet and fight 15 secs before the rest?.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I suppose it's ridiculous for Warlocks and hunter to have pets too?

Why even try grabbing a flag when they can just get their pet to auto attack you!?

Why try and melee a shaman when they can just CC you to death!?

Every class has something unique. Get over it.

You do understand the difference between mounted speed and battle abilities right?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/08/2012 01:19 AMPosted by Ranum
You do understand the difference between mounted speed and battle abilities right?

So, is it an issue that Hunters are able to press a button and instantly go 30-38% (if glyphed) faster? They even have a minor glyph that removes the daze, and simply puts a cooldown on aspects when hit.

Is it also an issue that Druids can go into travel form and go at fairly ridiculous speeds when carrying flags?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 01:05 AMPosted by Jakkhel
You're misunderstanding my point. Obviously it's available on both Alli and Horde, I was being a little sarcastic on that remark. It does not matter whether it's enabled or disabled, as long as it's on both sides of course. It does however matter for the individual player, that only some classes have the opportunity to get an increased mount speed in BG's.

While only some classes have the tools that Warriors have to stick close to an enemy or reliably peel off your healer with a constant snare that is easy to keep up. I'm sure DKs and Paladins would trade the increased mount speed to be more viable in an RBG.

Increased mount speed is not very powerful. Not as much as the ability to stay with the ranged, anyway.

You're talking about battle abilities, I'm talking about mount speed. Two different things.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 01:21 AMPosted by Jakkhel

So, is it an issue that Hunters are able to press a button and instantly go 30-38% (if glyphed) faster? They even have a minor glyph that removes the daze, and simply puts a cooldown on aspects when hit.

Is it also an issue that Druids can go into travel form and go at fairly ridiculous speeds when carrying flags?

You're talking about battle abilities, I'm talking about mounted speed. Two different things.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/08/2012 01:21 AMPosted by Ranum
You're talking about battle abilities, I'm talking about mount speed. Two different things.

Yes, because we're talking about things unique to a class. Would you not consider charge or heroic leap unique to Warriors? Is it unfair that Warriors have them? Or do you think everything's fair in battle, but outside of it things should be restricted?

It is a non-issue that there are mounted speed increases in BGs. If you have issue with getting the PvP achievement, keep trying. I guarantee you'll get it eventually, especially if you keep asking for them to let you get it. Eventually you'll run into nice people.

EDIT: Travel form/Aspect of the Cheetah are not battle abilities. They are abilities that are useable in combat, but they are not designed for that. Especially if you're flag running.
Edited by Jakkhel on 10/8/2012 1:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

"Paraphrased slightly to say something completely different"

Paraphrased slightly to illustrate the utter ridiculousness of it

No, I'm not saying anything different than what you said. Here's the direct quote:

"If there have to be the opportunity for increased mount speed, ALL classes should have that opportunity."

You're saying that if two classes have an ability, all classes should have it. And that, sir, is plainly ridiculous. Every class has things they can do that other classes can't. Otherwise there'd be no point in having classes.

You want fast mount speed? You can have it. Roll a paladin or a death knight.

I'm not sure if you're being serious? If so, you must be impossible to have a lucrative discussion with, if you think that...let's say "All the boys should wear the same hat" is the same as saying "All the boys should be the exact same height, weight, color and smell".
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/08/2012 01:29 AMPosted by Ranum
I'm not sure if you're being serious? If so, you must be impossible to have a lucrative discussion with, if you think that...let's say "All the boys should wear the same hat" is the same as saying "All the boys should be the exact same height, weight, color and smell".

Not every class needs the mount speed buff. Druids have an instant 40%+ form, and an instant flight form that is equivalent in speed to however fast they have trained. Hunters can switch aspects to one that increases their (and anyone around them in their party/raid) by 30-38%. Mages have an instant teleport forward and unique portals to major cities to travel around the world faster.

I could go on, but not every class should have the same buffs. There are pros and cons to every class. Let DKs and Paladins have their quality of life buff.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 01:24 AMPosted by Jakkhel

Yes, because we're talking about things unique to a class. Would you not consider charge or heroic leap unique to Warriors? Is it unfair that Warriors have them? Or do you think everything's fair in battle, but outside of it things should be restricted?

It is a non-issue that there are mounted speed increases in BGs. If you have issue with getting the PvP achievement, keep trying. I guarantee you'll get it eventually, especially if you keep asking for them to let you get it. Eventually you'll run into nice people.

EDIT: Travel form/Aspect of the Cheetah are not battle abilities. They are abilities that are useable in combat, but they are not designed for that. Especially if you're flag running.

In one of my other replies, I mentioned that I have no problem with increased speed abilities for certain classes on foot. Charge and heroic leap are battle abilities and have nothing to do with mount speed. Yes, in battle everything is fair and have not said anything about everything outside battle being restricted??. I'm saying that, at least in BG, all classes should have the opportunity to ride at same speed. Whether the boost is there or not, same same, as long as all classes have the option.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 01:34 AMPosted by Jakkhel

Not every class needs the mount speed buff. Druids have an instant 40%+ form, and an instant flight form that is equivalent in speed to however fast they have trained. Hunters can switch aspects to one that increases their (and anyone around them in their party/raid) by 30-38%. Mages have an instant teleport forward and unique portals to major cities to travel around the world faster.

I could go on, but not every class should have the same buffs. There are pros and cons to every class. Let DKs and Paladins have their quality of life buff.

Just to be clear...I DO know that there are different classes WoW and that those classes are not supposed to have ALL the same abilities...Where did that come from?? What has any of the above examples have to do with mount speed in BG?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/08/2012 01:38 AMPosted by Ranum
In one of my other replies, I mentioned that I have no problem with increased speed abilities for certain classes on foot. Charge and heroic leap are battle abilities and have nothing to do with mount speed. Yes, in battle everything is fair and have not said anything about everything outside battle being restricted??. I'm saying that, at least in BG, all classes should have the opportunity to ride at same speed. Whether the boost is there or not, same same, as long as all classes have the option.

You want a unique, quality of life feature for a class to be restricted because it affects you in a very minor way. It gets in the way of your achievements, from what I'm understanding. That is such an incredibly minor issue arising from the buff that it's completely ignorable, even if it affects a lot of people that way. Because it doesn't matter. Achievements don't win or lose BGs.

I'm sure there are strategies developed that have at least one DK or Paladin around purely for the movement speed buff so they can provide quick support. Removing that buff could see that DK or Paladin booted for another more "valuable" melee, like a Warrior.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
10/08/2012 01:38 AMPosted by Ranum

OK, I R CONFOOZED

Let me make sure I'm understanding you right. You want an ability, in a BattleGround, to be normalized across all the classes. In a BattleGround. But yet, you say

10/08/2012 01:22 AMPosted by Ranum
You're talking about battle abilities, I'm talking about mounted speed. Two different things.

<-- confused

Either A: You want there to be equalization of battle abilities, in which case all the previous posters have destroyed your flawed logic platform,

or

B: You don't care about BG's, you just want there to be an available normalizer for everyone, all the time, thus invalidating all the previous arguments made. Including your original post.

Logic is super hard, I know. If you ever need any classes, I'm sure there's a local middleschool that will take you in XD
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 01:42 AMPosted by Jakkhel

You want a unique, quality of life feature for a class to be restricted because it affects you in a very minor way. It gets in the way of your achievements, from what I'm understanding. That is such an incredibly minor issue arising from the buff that it's completely ignorable, even if it affects a lot of people that way. Because it doesn't matter. Achievements don't win or lose BGs.

I'm sure there are strategies developed that have at least one DK or Paladin around purely for the movement speed buff so they can provide quick support. Removing that buff could see that DK or Paladin booted for another more "valuable" melee, like a Warrior.

I don't want anyone's unique qualities to be restricted, I want all classes to have the same opportunities for max mount speed. Pally and DK, should get something else (that they'll most likely have more use of) in it's place of course. I don't see how it affects a lot of people, not being able to ride 20% faster than the rest?. Whether you, or I, think achievements is a relevant part of the game, is completely irrelevant, since it's 100% up to the individual player.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
10/08/2012 01:52 AMPosted by Ranum
I don't want anyone's unique qualities to be restricted, I want all classes to have the same opportunities for max mount speed

10/08/2012 01:52 AMPosted by Ranum
I don't see how it affects a lot of people, not being able to ride 20% faster than the rest?.

See, there you go, contradicting yourself again! You really got to let that go, man, makes you seem a bit slow upstairs :P
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 01:45 AMPosted by Dkfeever

OK, I R CONFOOZED

Let me make sure I'm understanding you right. You want an ability, in a BattleGround, to be normalized across all the classes. In a BattleGround. But yet, you say

<-- confused

Either A: You want there to be equalization of battle abilities, in which case all the previous posters have destroyed your flawed logic platform,

or

B: You don't care about BG's, you just want there to be an available normalizer for everyone, all the time, thus invalidating all the previous arguments made. Including your original post.

Logic is super hard, I know. If you ever need any classes, I'm sure there's a local middleschool that will take you in XD

My goodness, what's up with your processor? I'm saying that all classes should have the opportunity to ride at same speeds in BG's. Meaning, no class should be able to ride 20% faster than the rest in BG's. I can't think of a more simple way to put it, so if you don't understand it, then you shouldn't trouble yourself further with this thread.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 01:54 AMPosted by Dkfeever
I don't want anyone's unique qualities to be restricted, I want all classes to have the same opportunities for max mount speed

I don't see how it affects a lot of people, not being able to ride 20% faster than the rest?.

See, there you go, contradicting yourself again! You really got to let that go, man, makes you seem a bit slow upstairs :P

Do you know what "contradict" means?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
10/08/2012 01:58 AMPosted by Ranum
My goodness, what's up with your processor? I'm saying that all classes should have the opportunity to ride at same speeds in BG's. Meaning, no class should be able to ride 20% faster than the rest in BG's. I can't think of a more simple way to put it, so if you don't understand it, then you shouldn't trouble yourself further with this thread.

You really didn't get what I'm saying, did you? That must be nice, to be able to "Refute" an argument by ignoring it entirely. You should go into politics!

Let me try it this way. I'm assuming (Perhaps erroneously, as this assumption requires you to have at least a modicum of intelligence) That you feel that Pally and DK mount speed buffs are imbalancing the BG's in some way, is that correct? I seem to remember you saying something about them getting to the flag faster, or some nonsense like that. (We'll ignore the fact that crusader aura works for all members in the raid group for the sake of argument)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Incidentally, "lucrative" doesn't mean what you think it means. Run it by a goblin when you get a chance.

I ...

I think I might actually have fallen in love with you. That was an excellent quip there, my friend.

/cheers!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]