Why should I feel obligated to do LFR?

100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/08/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Sarosha
It would drop subs, because you finish LFR alot faster than you do normal mode. If someone fully or nearly fully LFR gears, they arent likely to repeat it on normal, they will be bored of it by that time.

....How many times did I make a similar argument as to why LFR made people quit, and you denied it?

10/08/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Sarosha
They NEED people to move from LFR to normal... I dont know why this is hard to understand, they need higher raid participation to get the development money for raids from activision.

People who don't want to raid
Won't
Raid

Trying to push people through it, is jamming Square pegs through circular holes, and it's one of the things that makes people quit, not "sub harder".

LFR isn't designed for normal raiders, it can be a gateway in some cases, but nowhere near the extent you mentioned.

May I point out, that more people killed Shannox than Morchok in normal, Even factoring the first 2 weeks counted LFR kills as normal kills, DS lasted twice as long, and it was...... WAAAAAAY more accessible and incentivized compared to Firelands.

Or, can we go with everyone's favorite, MAGMAW was killed more than Morchok, under similar conditions, that "Inaccessible tier that '''''everybody''''' (all 2,000,001 people) hated" had more normal kills than the most "accessible" boss in the history of WoW.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Honestly there's not really a good way to make LFR avoidable for raiders in the first tier. As long as blizz keeps its word and this is the only tier heroic raiders are incentive to run it then fine. At least we have to run it while the game is still new and fresh (even if normal makes it so the encounters themselves aren't) instead of 6 months from now.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Postonforums
It would drop subs, because you finish LFR alot faster than you do normal mode. If someone fully or nearly fully LFR gears, they arent likely to repeat it on normal, they will be bored of it by that time.

....How many times did I make a similar argument as to why LFR made people quit, and you denied it?

They NEED people to move from LFR to normal... I dont know why this is hard to understand, they need higher raid participation to get the development money for raids from activision.

People who don't want to raid
Won't
Raid

Trying to push people through it, is jamming Square pegs through circular holes, and it's one of the things that makes people quit, not "sub harder".

LFR isn't designed for normal raiders, it can be a gateway in some cases, but nowhere near the extent you mentioned.

May I point out, that more people killed Shannox than Morchok in normal, Even factoring the first 2 weeks counted LFR kills as normal kills, DS lasted twice as long, and it was...... WAAAAAAY more accessible and incentivized compared to Firelands.

Or, can we go with everyone's favorite, MAGMAW was killed more than Morchok, under similar conditions, that "Inaccessible tier that '''''everybody''''' (all 2,000,001 people) hated" had more normal kills than the most "accessible" boss in the history of WoW.

Different argument.

LFR works as a stepping stone not as its own progression path.

IT will only have your effect by sharing a lockout, because then the stepping stone effect doesnt work.

yes magmaw was heavily killed in firelands for extra valor so was alot of the normal bosses. Old raid is old.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I want separate lockouts too. See, I knew this would happen. "Make it so heroic raiders don't have to run lfr!" Blizz "Ok." Now comes the next set "Make it so normal raiders don't have to run lfr!"

I mean common, LFR is already 20 ilvls lower than normal for crying out loud. Valor kicks it's but. It's the same ilvl as beginning crafted gear (and I can already craft a piece of 496 gear).

I prefer a seperate lockout to another 20 ilvl nerf. Next we know it'll be lower than justice gear.

They actually have it just about right now

Respectfully disagree. I don't like being penalized because blizzard has a flawed model.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
10/08/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Sarosha
IT will only have your effect by sharing a lockout, because then the stepping stone effect doesnt work.

The stepping stone effect would work fine, just as it currently does with normal and heroic. That being said blue has made it very clear though they don't want LFR sharing a lockout with normal and heroic. I think they do not trust the portion of the player base this would leave running LFR to kill much of anything, even faceroll LFR bosses. Frankly, I wouldn't either.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/08/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Sarosha
LFR works as a stepping stone not as its own progression path.

I'm not so sure about this.

Most people I know who do LFR are in one of two camps:

1. They raid normals or heroics, and do LFR only to the extent it can offer them some benefit to their "real" raiding efforts; or

2. They do LFR as their personal "endgame," whether because they don't care for more organized raiding or because they love kitting out millions of alts.

I don't know that I've heard of anyone using it as a "stepping stone." Just my experience, of course.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Ninjablaze

The stepping stone effect would work fine, just as it currently does with normal and heroic. That being said blue has made it very clear though they don't want LFR sharing a lockout with normal and heroic. I think they do not trust the portion of the player base this would leave running LFR to kill much of anything, even faceroll LFR bosses. Frankly, I wouldn't either.

They would have to make LFR so easy it would NEVER be able to teach people to get into normal modes.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
10/08/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Sarosha
They would have to make LFR so easy it would NEVER be able to teach people to get into normal modes.

DS level is probably appropriate if they go that route.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Nobody is obligated to do LFR. If you want to do it, you do it, if you don't, then just don't do it. If you want the gear from there, then go get it.

While we're at it, why should I feel obligated to do heroics?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/08/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Aldiara
While we're at it, why should I feel obligated to do heroics?

You are.

Without doing heroics, there's no logistical way to prepare for raids in a timely manner
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]