ok blizz what bull!@#$ is this

90 Undead Priest
Would need way more recount information than just that. That looks easily shopped.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue
I have one higher on my DK for over 3 million. Seriously!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
10/08/2012 07:35 AMPosted by Butterednuts
Would need way more recount information than just that. That looks easily shopped.
well i don't cos i just found it while browsing my screenshots
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Well, that screenshot tells me virtually nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Could've been from a vehicle battle, could also be you DPS meter is broken. We need more info than just a picture of the meter bar. Also, [IMG] tags don't work here.
Edited by Jasla on 10/8/2012 7:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
47 Pandaren Shaman
Way too easy to fake. You could shop it, but that's more effort than needed. Plenty of vehicle quests or quick one-shot AOEs out there, that will produce that number. I remember back when TBC first released, I was able to get my DPS meter to show that I did 100k DPS on a bombing run.
Edited by Qibo on 10/8/2012 7:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
10/08/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Gulhanharwa

So you found a SS that was likely taken while on a vehicle when you were soloing.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
10/08/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Qibo
Way too easy to fake. You could shop it, but that's more effort than needed. Plenty of vehicle quests or quick one-shot AOEs out there, that will produce that number. I remember back when TBC first released, I was able to get my DPS meter to show that I did 100k DPS on a bombing run.
haha nice and no this is not a vehicle quest
its in dread wastes >.<
i dont know if there is any vehicle quests there
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10/08/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Gulhanharwa

/facepalm

Time to grow up kid.
Edited by Pucifer on 10/8/2012 7:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Who still sets a damage meter to "Dps" and not "Damage Done" these days?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
10/08/2012 07:47 AMPosted by Earthroot
allot of people... every link i see in dungs/raids is dps..
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10/08/2012 07:47 AMPosted by Earthroot

Kids who play for ego.

But don't want to really see the reality of how effective that DPS actually translates to damage.

That way if/when they die. They can still stroke their ego saying..."well look at my DPS, its off the charts". Without ever seeing they actually did less overall damage than the healer.
Edited by Pucifer on 10/8/2012 7:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
10/08/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Pucifer

Kids who play for ego.

But don't want to really see the reality of how effective that DPS actually translates to damage.

That way if/when they die. They can still stroke their ego saying..."well look at my DPS, its off the charts". Without ever seeing you actually did less overall damage than the healer.

well i dont see how thats possible if ur doing top dps the whole fight...
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Death Knight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrr_VVtyUA8 This is what i think about you epeens... I have no other input to this conversation
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
10/08/2012 07:54 AMPosted by Gulhanharwa

Pop all of your CDs at the beginning of the fight and then die immediately after, your DPS will be inflated but your overall will be extremely low since you died early.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Seems legit.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10/08/2012 07:54 AMPosted by Gulhanharwa

Well you don't seem to understand that Mastery is your most important stat. I would think that is impossible too. But here we are.

If you have huge a huge burst of DPS. Then it dies off. It will show your DPS was high. But your overall damage does not reflect it.

Not saying this is always the way it works. BUT...I have seem it played out many times.

Not to mention...

Tanks were not nerfed for DPS. I guess its Blizzards way to toss higher HP mobs at you. While making the tank feel a bit more special than they did before. Since TANK is still probably the least played spec. Is my guess (yes, just a guess of their intentions).

Again the point you seem to miss is that posting one meter. Does not say anything. When you yourself don't even recall the circumstances of where the parse came from.

All you show is a burst. Without saying where it came from.

Plus no other examples of how this is somehow broken.

I am going out on a limb here and say...

"This thread is just another example of some kid, wanting attention".
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
10/08/2012 08:01 AMPosted by Noidentity

Pop all of your CDs at the beginning of the fight and then die immediately after, your DPS will be inflated but your overall will be extremely low since you died early.

This. Recount stops counting your DPS once you've died. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone pop their recount and say "the wipe wasn't my fault-- I was top DPS!" when they died 10 seconds in from standing in bad stuff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]