Best OT with a warrior MT?

Hello tanks! My guilds main tank is a Warrior, and we don't have a steadily established OT, so I'm thinking about throwing my hat into the ring (I've been MT on all the tank classes at various points since 2.0). I wanted the Tanking community's (or at least the tanking forum community's) opinon on what makes a good compliment to a warrior MT. Is it another warrior, a paladin, a druid? Why? Does the warrior have a "weakness" that these other classes can help overcome/make up for?Thanks for your input!
Edited by Oppan on 10/8/2012 3:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Doesn't really matter ultimately as long as you both know what you're doing. Could do double warriors, even. That said, probably bear, monk, or DK? Just for variety.

Also, there's not really a 'mt' and 'ot' these days. Just... reference points really anymore.
Reply Quote
95 Pandaren Warrior
Leather so he can have all the tank gear that doesn't drop
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
WAIT. Wait wait wait. I messed up my original post here.

The correct answer for best OT with a warrior MT should have been Warlock. In fact, dismiss the warrior. The Warlock can handle it all.
Reply Quote
72 Worgen Druid

The correct answer for best OT with a warrior MT should have been Warlock. In fact, dismiss the warrior. The Warlock can handle it all.

Encounters aren't built with solo-tanking in mind. A "tank" lacking pve crit immunity will find it very hard to solo-tank something that better-equipped tanks will want an ot for.

Nowadays, though, OT is used as a sub-role in a raid, not a tank build.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

Encounters aren't built with solo-tanking in mind. A "tank" lacking pve crit immunity will find it very hard to solo-tank something that better-equipped tanks will want an ot for.

Nowadays, though, OT is used as a sub-role in a raid, not a tank build.

He/she was pretty obviously trolling. :P
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
Real answer: Assuming 10-man (since blizzard seems intent on killing 25-man...), look at your raid group, are you missing any key buffs or debuffs? If you are, a tank can provide many.

If you have it all covered, I'd suggest leather monk or druid, for reasons already covered.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/08/2012 05:11 PMPosted by Ðemolition
Leather so he can have all the tank gear that doesn't drop

This. I'd probably say druid, simply because it's also on another tier token.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the input everybody, guess I need to dust off my druid. If only Herbalism was a good tanking profession...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]