Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
You do know that talents are now based on preference.. and besides from the more pve consistent skills, you can roll any way you like?
Then again.. you probably would know this if you had a good understand of your class. :x
It really depends on your play style.
In rbgs I'm always out and about trying to ninja cap something so I like nightstalker to get to where I want to go quickly. I mean, it also helps for when you open with garrote on a caster which even in mop I'm still always on them. I think subterfuge is still broken but shadow focus is better if you prefer starting off with a cheap shot. It's really good for assassination because of mutilates cost.
I would go with deadly throw for rbgs since you'll have a healer. That way you can get the occasional lucky 6 sec silence on a healer. I'd go combat readiness for anything else though. It's still one of the better defense mechanisms. Nerve strike is more of a subtlety tool.
Elusiveness. The other two suck. Cheat death is worth crap (it's no second wind that's for sure) and as a rogue you don't do enough damage for leeching poison to make a difference anyway.
Shadow step, or you'll be kited throughout the battleground and laughed at.
Dirty tricks is a must have for all the specs, but especially assassin. Gouge is one of our most important tools (and it's 45 energy)
Versatility for rbgs (especially with deadly throw) for ccing those healers. Anticipation isn't really worth it because of mutilates cost, the only time it would occur would be once every 3 min due to shadow blades. I'd go shuriken toss for randoms just because you're more out on your own and could kite or catch up a little bit easier thanks to deadly brew.
You do know that talents are now based on preference.. :x
Dirty tricks is a must have for all the specs, but especially assassin.
^^^I started with DT. You burst a heals, then bleed and cc em w/ gouge followed by blind, pop their trink, cheap shot, GG.... or they dont pop trink and GG. I have grown over this though. I'll take prey on the weak>DT, since, 10% damage increase from all sources is a better trade.... least arenas, X partner does damage on your target and instant kill.
But I love my spec atm...It's both burst and anti-warrior for me.
How I work it is as follows:
Only mutilate x2 or x3 when full energy all other time shuriken toss.
when all cds or at least two are ready, I stun and hope they die. Shuriken because you can kite like a dk now other melee.
For arenas I use Anticipation because it allows me to stun, burst and have 10 combo pts ready for: snd, rupture, stun or sh!tty recoup.
Edited by Packofcrows on 10/9/2012 3:45 AM PDT
You don't use Envenom for the initial hit (well, OK, it helps too), you use it for the debuff.
I largely but not completely agree with Sick, I'd probably go:
- Shadow Focus, you won't stealth often, but this lets you get an extra hit in on opening.
- Nerve Strike, boring but makes even 1s Kidney Shots valuable.
- Elusiveness (LP procs off damaging strikes, not off your considerable poisons/bleeds).
- BoS or Shadow Step ... Prep isn't worthwhile due to kiting.
- Dirty Tricks. Quite simply, it's an AMAZING talent for all three specs.
- Shuriken Toss. You have finishers to juggle, you'll be kited and not always in range. Toss will allow you to proc combo points (you don't have HaT/Premed) for juggling and will help slow down kiters. It works great with BoS (keep them 50%, keep you 115%).
I'd probably glyph:
- Crippling (20% brings your Crippling from 50% to 60%, nice for Shuriken Toss)
- Gouge (YOU WANT THIS)
- Feint (doesn't just increase Feint duration, also increases Elusiveness duration)
That said, only Gouge is completely necessary. Garrote/Cheap shot are both useful, I just wouldn't glyph them because ... how often will you use them?
Vanish/Cloak/Bomb are OK, but again, they are on long CDs, how often do you use them?
Stealth might be OK, but your general limiting factor in PvP is the "out of combat" CD, not the stealth CD.
Recuperate, Shiv, and Shadow Walk are pretty decent.
I don't think Cata Sub Rogues have learned to juggle yet. From Cata, they are too used to "juggling" Recuperate 100% of the time with a KS thrown in here or there and Eviscerates as combo-point dumps. Mut, and MoP Sub aren't quite that easy.
For that reason, I'll suggest mostly forgetting about 5cp finishers. Go for 1-4cp finishers. No, really! Look at the following:
- SnD: 12s for the first cp, 6s for each additional. Also, a 1cp Envenom refreshes it to 36s.
- Recuperate: Only fair one here, 6s/cp.
- Envenom: 1s + 1s per combo point (first combo point is 2s).
- KS: 1s + 1s per combo point (first cp is 2s)
- Rupture: 8s for the first cp, 4 seconds for each additional.
- Crimson Tempest (Damage does not scale with cps).
- Even Deadly Throw provides the same snare duration for 1cp as for 4cp (though at 5cp you can interrupt/lockout).
The point isn't "don't do 5cp finishers," you're going to want to! The point is that just because relentless strikes only guarantees 25 energy on 5cp doesn't mean everything has to be 5cp. In Cata, I found it very useful to alternate finishers 1:1 with Mutilate, that would allow me to ramp-up faster. Shadow Focus Cheap Shot is amazing for this.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.