Be my gear optimizer please! (Tanking)

Either that or tear shreds into me of what i need to do/ have done wrong for tanking obviously.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Well first of all you logged off in your arms pvp gear.
Reply Quote
Ok tanked up!
Edited by Tuffkant on 10/9/2012 6:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm by no means going to try and tell you what to reforge to, spec to or anything. As I'm not an expert in any way. But what issues are you having? I have !@#$ty gear compared to you, and I have no issues surviving/holding threat in Heroics. Granted I havent been through many, but of the ones I did go through, Like Shadowpan, where dmg is really high on Trash, I didnt really have issues at all.

Are you mitigating your damage? using all you're available cooldowns? (something I've noticed with this Xpack, is that trash is where to use your cooldowns, not bosses. Bosses hit like wet noodles.) Your interrupts are golden to save some damage.

http://www.icy-veins.com/protection-warrior-wow-pve-tank-statistics-priority-reforging

(might be a place for you to start)
Edited by Vicarus on 10/9/2012 6:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm by no means going to try and tell you what to reforge to, spec to or anything. As I'm not an expert in any way. But what issues are you having? I have !@#$ty gear compared to you, and I have no issues surviving/holding threat in Heroics. Granted I havent been through many, but of the ones I did go through, Like Shadowpan, where dmg is really high on Trash, I didnt really have issues at all.

Are you mitigating your damage? using all you're available cooldowns? (something I've noticed with this Xpack, is that trash is where to use your cooldowns, not bosses. Bosses hit like wet noodles.) Your interrupts are golden to save some damage.

I am not really having problems with any heros and haven't raided yet(looking to asap), was more looking for reforge techniques better spec/chants i don't trust those auto sites. also how much expertise is enough/what stats i should work on.

Thanks for the link =D
Edited by Tuffkant on 10/9/2012 6:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
63 Orc Death Knight
There is a very nice post over at tankspot referencing the math done by zeks at EJ that deffinitely shows that expertise and hit are worth more per point until 7.5% (soft cap for xp and hard cap for hit) for raiding and RPS wich translates into mitigation and TPS for warriors, specifically the sim math over a 100 minute run against a raid boss with 1.8m incoming hits, showed that warriors that were exp and hit capped would mitigate more damage and produce more threat per second than warriors who stacked mastery up to 51%. The bottom line is that if you are not at 7.5% you are doing it wrong. As for reforging, that same post shows that dodge above 10.65% is worth more for reforging than parry above 15% but parry below 15% is worth more than dodge below 10% because of the diminishing returns on dodge. bottom line is if you have more than 15 parry refore parry if you have more than 10 dodge reforge dodge before parry.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]