Please, I'm begging you! More storage.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
If I could type that way I'd be on my hands and knees pleading with you. Bag space. We need more of it.

My void storage is full. I have roughly a bag and a half to two bags worth of room in the bank, at level 85, with a whole expansion ahead of me, an expansion full of neat items and metric tons of crafting mats. I don't see how this is going to work.

What is taking up all this room? Pumpkin has got to be at least five years old. That's five years of unique, irreplaceable items and gear. By that I mean, no longer in the game. In other words, when it's gone it's gone. And Pumpkin isn't even my oldest alt. Some have been around since Classic and have the same problem.

I pared it down as much as I could before I started questing in MoP. I was as brutal as I possibly could be. If mogging weren't around I might have been able to convince myself to part with a few bit of gear but the fact that I can actually still use them... Bottom line, please, give us more space. I know I'm not the only player in this boat.

Some suggestions:

More bank bag slots. Probably the easiest solution. The room for them is already there. Just have to add them. Even if they cost a stupid amount of gold to open up it would at least be something.

Transmogrification Library. We would pay a gold price to have an item's graphic added to our library. Doing this would destroy the "physical" item so we couldn't sell it or DE it. When we want to mog our gear we just open our library and pick the graphic we want to use. No more storing bags and bags of gear for mog sets.

Make toys learned abilities that can be found under a "Vanity" or "Misc" tab in our spellbook. By toys I mean items we can't equip, have no stats, no charges but do cosmetic effects on use. For example, things like Bones of Transformation, Puntable Marmot, Winter Veil Disguise Kit, etc. Remember back in the day when mini-pets and mounts were items we had to store in our bags? That sucked. Thankfully, you guys made them learned abilities. Please, do the same with all these fun toys we don't want to part with. While you're at it, you could make tabards learned abilities as well.

Put our off-set armor in virtual slots. In D2, we had two weapon sets we could swap between. It would be nice if we had something like this in WoW for our main and off specs. This way we wouldn't have to carry our second gear set in our bags. When we swapped specs we'd swap gear. One set would just go behind the other.

Additional, purchasable void storage tabs. Much like more bank bag slots. Not too hard to figure out.

A backpack that grows with level. I know you've said that for some technical reason it's very hard to change the backpack. Still, even though it would only help a bit, it's worth the effort. Each expansion our tiny backpack gets more and more ridiculous.

Combine engineering teleporters and maybe some other gadgets. I have a couple of engineers and it's getting pretty nuts how many things they need to keep in their bags. They're both goblin. I hear gnomish is even worse.

Account bank. I've seen this suggested a few times. Basically a second bank accessible by all our characters where we can store non-soulbound items. I don't know that this would help much but I figured I'd bring it up. If nothing else, it would finally allow players to transfer heirloom gear between realms.

Just some suggestions. Just please, anything, we need more storage. Thanks!
Edited by Pumpkin on 10/9/2012 11:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Account bank. I've seen this suggested a few times. Basically a second bank accessible by all our characters where we can store non-soulbound items. I don't know that this would help much but I figured I'd bring it up. If nothing else, it would finally allow players to transfer heirloom gear between realms.

I like this!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Additional, purchasable void storage tabs. Much like more bank bag slots.

^^^^^^ Would LOVE this. I don't care about the deposit amount, I'll sink what ever I want into this game, but PLEASE add more tabs for void storage.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
And I want muscular pandas in-game.... but we all can't get what we want.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Coming soon(tm)! 28-slot bags from Tailors! Get'em while the gettin's good! =P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/09/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Drid
but we all can't get what we want.

But if we try, sometimes we find we get what we need.
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Monk
You're just lucky Clap-Trap doesn't run this show or we would all be stuck with 1 bank slot with which we could share to other characters.

::Shakes old granny finger in general direction::
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Edited title to make it more clear what this is about.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
+1 from me.

I'm quite the collector of odds and ends. I've had to throw out thing I know I won't use, like the Midsummer and Pilgrim clothing sets, among other things I know I can buy again. It just seems a waste to be running out of space for the countless new mats required for cooking and other profs. Not to mention many of the dailies now require quest items, which take up those coveted bag slots until you're done with them.
Reply Quote
another void page
Having to dispose of 40 trophies just to have space to level again sucked.

Tabard closet. Actually, just store them in the flyout box from the gear manager tab.
Really, a tabard is a simple sheet of cloth, no armor, no special tailoring, how can they possibly take up as much space as my shield or maul?

An account banker for heirlooms, and realm/faction specific account bank for alts.
The Blue text has said they would like a way to move heirlooms around realms, and also a way to transfer goods between alts without postage. This seems to my opinionated self to be a very elegant solution.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
+1 from me.

I'm quite the collector of odds and ends. I've had to throw out thing I know I won't use, like the Midsummer and Pilgrim clothing sets, among other things I know I can buy again. It just seems a waste to be running out of space for the countless new mats required for cooking and other profs. Not to mention many of the dailies now require quest items, which take up those coveted bag slots until you're done with them.

Yeah, MoP seems designed to fill up bag space, but no new space was given to us.
Reply Quote
57 Pandaren Monk
Player housing is coming, you can see the clues in-game.

I know the CM's already mentioned that they're not in scope, but be surprised...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I really like those ideas! I'd love to see some of them in the game. My Void storage is full right now as well, and it doesnt help that all the vanity items take up most of my bank space.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I currently have filled every slot in my Void storage, every slot in my bank, and put A LOT of the other nick nacks in my guilds BANK because i have no room left. Whats taking up all this room? 209820394234 cooking Mats, fish that's needed for cooking mats, 300 Bolts of windwool cloth cause the cloth drops so often i cant get rid of or make into a bolt fast enough and all these quests that give you items that just sit in your bags once the quest is done??? Every quest prior to MoP these would go away once the quest was done, now they sit in your bag forcing you to get rid of them yourself, or holding onto them cause your not sure if its part of a quest you got. And all of these little nick nacks you get from quests like that item that "Focus your will on a critter causing it to explode" kind of things. If you wanted us to have fun with these items, thanks. But we have absolutely no room left to keep them around. So were forced to throw em away.

Dear god, its enough already. Im screwed when I decide to start Pvping, or begin to work on my shadow gear....i have almost no room now...what am i going to do with 10+ more peices of gear taking up slots...

TL:DR WE NEED MORE BAG SPACE!!!!
Edited by Ipsum on 10/9/2012 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
More bank bag slots. Probably the easiest solution. The room for them is already there. Just have to add them. Even if they cost a stupid amount of gold to open up it would at least be something.

This would be my preferred solution, I would very much like a second row of bank bag slots, regardless of how much they end up costing.

Make toys learned abilities that can be found under a "Vanity" or "Misc" tab in our spellbook. By toys I mean items we can't equip, have no stats, no charges but do cosmetic effects on use. For example, things like Bones of Transformation, Puntable Marmot, Winter Veil Disguise Kit, etc. Remember back in the day when mini-pets and mounts were items we had to store in our bags? That sucked. Thankfully, you guys made them learned abilities. Please, do the same with all these fun toys we don't want to part with. While you're at it, you could make tabards learned abilities as well.

This would be a great idea. I hate the amount of storage space "toys" take up. I hate the fact that they keep giving us more, when they don't keep increasing our available space.

Additional, purchasable void storage tabs. Much like more bank bag slots. Not too hard to figure out.

I suppose, it would be more storage, but I'm not all that thrilled with the whole concept of Void storage anyway.

A backpack that grows with level. I know you've said that for some technical reason it's very hard to change the backpack. Still, even though it would only help a bit, it's worth the effort. Each expansion our tiny backpack gets more and more ridiculous.

No, I'm not in favor of this. They've posted many times on the technical hurdles of changing the primary bag. Because it looks like a bag and acts like one, people think it's an easy change, but it's not. I'd rather they spent the time elsewhere on other storage solutions that offer more reward for less risk and less difficulty.

An account bank would be great.

Other solutions might include a Tabard pane, similar to the current Mount and Pet interface, though I understand that some Tabards might not work well with this kind of interface.

Heirlooms should be account bound. That is: When you purchase an Heirloom item, that item becomes "available" on an Heirloom distribution NPC. So, any character on any realm that part of the same Bnet account can then walk up to the distributor and have a copy of that item.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter

Highly, highly doubt it. Blues have repeatedly shot that idea down. Farmville will most likely be as close as we get to a phased location for our lonesome.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I just threw out all my world events gear. Brewfest, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/09/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Bullderp

Highly, highly doubt it. Blues have repeatedly shot that idea down. Farmville will most likely be as close as we get to a phased location for our lonesome.

Hey HEY!

It isn't farmville.

It's Harvest Moon ^_^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]