Sick of Balanced Druids

90 Night Elf Druid
I am so sick of having to compete with Balance Druids for gear. I have had my bracers, belt, and leggings jacked in a heroic because the Balance says "We use spirit too".
Spirit is like 6th or 7th on the stat priority list for a Balance and they are actually going to argue that they should get equal priority for spirit gear as myself?
WoW needs to fix this problem, because I am seriously close to going back to SWTOR if I have to deal with these issues everytime I group with a Balance Druid.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Mistweaver Monks.

That is all.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Relax, you seem a little... unbalanced! (Ahaha! I kill myself!)

10/09/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Celticia
Spirit is like 6th or 7th on the stat priority list for a Balance and they are actually going to argue that they should get equal priority for spirit gear as myself?

Spirit = hit for us. Hit is our #1 secondary stat. Blizzard intentionally did that so they could shrink loot tables. It's been this way since cata.

Next time before you get all angry and make a self-righteous post, maybe make sure you have all your facts straight.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I find it hard to believe that you, being a Resto Druid, are grouped up with so many Balance Druids that you repeatedly lose rolls on gear you both need. I queued for about a week straight as Resto/Balance and got paired with another Druid only a few times, and those few times they were either tanks or ferals.

There's a system in place to make sure that when you queue into heroics there aren't so many specs that share gear that you won't ever get anything.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
You're competing against 2 other specs for gear (Moonkins and Mistweaver Monks). Almost everyone else is competing against 2 other specs for gear, if not more. Maybe you had a string of bad luck, but that's not a design problem.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/09/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Celticia
I have had my bracers

No. They weren't yours. And you didn't win the roll, so they never will be.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I may have over-reacted with the post, but it is a valid point. I know they shrank the loot table, but it is becoming ridiculous that I am losing gear that I have been grinding over 40 times for.

I'm not grouped up with many Balanced Druids, but I have had the bad luck of the three times the leggings, bracers, or belt I have been grinding for have dropped... that a balance has been in the group and beat me out.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You have only run 25 heroics. Balance Druids need the gear the same as you, should they be reacting in the same way if you win a piece of gear over them?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I dont care how they react. I'm just venting.

It really didn't become an issue until Blizzard decided to fix the mana pools. Before the fix, I had close to a 200k mana pool fully buffed and didnt need to concern myself with mana regen as much as I do now.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
In this thread, a self entitled druid, wants to complain that someone else, who also needs the gear, won it, and they did not.

Maybe stop running with pugs if people keep taking YOUR loot...haha YOUR loot.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I am so sick of having to compete with Balance Druids for gear. I have had my bracers, belt, and leggings jacked in a heroic because the Balance says "We use spirit too".
WoW needs to fix this problem, because I am seriously close to going back to SWTOR if I have to deal with these issues everytime I group with a Balance Druid.

6th or 7th? Hit capping was the most important thing for a balance druid to improve their dps, last I checked. And in case you're as ignorant as you are angry, spirit = hit for balance druids. They have just as much need for spirit leather as you do. It's not "your" gear just because it drops. Get over yourself.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Funny, I have had quite the opposite experience. I have had groups kick Int casters out of the group for winning and item that had spirit on it for that they thought I should have received.

But to be honest, like everyone else has said. There is competition for equipment and you are going to have to deal with it. I remember times I have qued for a specific dungeon for several weeks to get a rare drop only to lose it to someone and have to que for a couple more weeks to see it drop again. Its a pain but its something you have to deal with if you PUG. Hopefully your luck changes.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ooooooooooh the anger is strong with this one.

Take a spot in line for the people who have horrible RNG and lose "their" gear to other people (particularly people who are horrible in comparison to you in the current run and probably don't "deserve" it, i.e. dying again after being Brezzed when they stand in !@#$).

Get used to waiting - it's a long line.

tl;dr Q_Q moar.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/09/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Celticia
I'm not grouped up with many Balanced Druids, but I have had the bad luck of the three times the leggings, bracers, or belt I have been grinding for have dropped... that a balance has been in the group and beat me out.

So !@#$ happened. Yes, it sucks. But they're not stealing YOUR loot. It's a valid item for their spec as well.

You know someone who really has something to complain about? I have a guildy who has seen Headmaster's Will drop THREE times now. Lucky for him, right? Wrong. Every single time a healer has won it over him. A healer has won an item with hit on it. And you're complaining about DPS taking items that have stats that they actually use.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/09/2012 10:06 PMPosted by Eluial

So !@#$ happened. Yes, it sucks. But they're not stealing YOUR loot. It's a valid item for their spec as well.

You know someone who really has something to complain about? I have a guildy who has seen Headmaster's Will drop THREE times now. Lucky for him, right? Wrong. Every single time a healer has won it over him. A healer has won an item with hit on it. And you're complaining about DPS taking items that have stats that they actually use.

Eluial please stop feeding the trolls...that is all
<3 PP
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Ferals have to roll against Guardians, Rogues, and Windwalkers. You only have two specs to roll against, we have 5. Deal with it, it's part of the game.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
<3 PP

But... they're hungry! It's inhumane to starve them! What kind of cruel person are you?!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
<3 PP

But... they're hungry! It's inhumane to starve them! What kind of cruel person are you?!

Stop replying to trolls. Both internetically and racially.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/09/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Bootzilla
I find it hard to believe that you, being a Resto Druid, are grouped up with so many Balance Druids that you repeatedly lose rolls on gear you both need.

I've qued non-stop Heroics until my Resto and Tank set were both Max Ilvl pre-raid.
Queing as Resto I never saw one single Boomkin.
Queing as Tank, I never saw one single Feral Druid/DPS Monk/Rogue.

I think the OP got real bad luck ONCE, and is here to cry about it.

It's incredibly rare for you to be paired with others that can take your gear. (Outside of clothies and Platewearers)
Edited by Tonydanza on 10/10/2012 12:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You know you can trade gear up to 2 hours with someone in your party. A little niceness can go a long way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]