Why intelect plate without spirit?

90 Human Paladin
You take away all the joy of getting a piece of gear when I see it without spirit. And that's the only reason I want it, to heal, and mana is a big issue.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Pandaren Monk
HC
That's a really, really good question.

:/
90 Human Monk
Maybe they're making gear for the inevitable int plate dps spec or class.

/speculate
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/09/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Xcentrik
You take away all the joy of getting a piece of gear when I see it without spirit. And that's the only reason I want it, to heal, and mana is a big issue.

That makes about as much sense as some of their Tier choices as of late...pieces of Mail and I believe Leather tier without any Spirit on it. :-\

I have no idea why they would do that.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Spirit isn't always your most important stat. It usually is, but in DS I only oom'd if I was really really trying to and reforged out of it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/09/2012 07:49 PMPosted by Vekter
Spirit isn't always your most important stat. It usually is, but in DS I only oom'd if I was really really trying to and reforged out of it.

Spirit is the most important stat for paladins in MoP. It's not quite the same for Shamans -- you guys have mana coming out of every orifice. Paladins are... seriously mana-starved at the moment.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We...are?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/09/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Xcentrik

It's actually the same for every other healing class.
VP/JP gears vary with having spirit or not. (Yes, I'm talking about actual Resto set gear, using the filter @ Vendor, not every piece has spirit.)

If I had to guess, it is to allow, or encourage, more variation in player reforging.

This is not exclusive to Paladins.

What the following poster said;
10/10/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Sotanaht
The illusion of choice, and potentially forcing you to not stack spirit on every single slot.
Edited by Tonydanza on 10/10/2012 12:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The illusion of choice, and potentially forcing you to not stack spirit on every single slot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Because healers don't need spirit on every piece!
Or at least that's what they've been telling me since cata...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Because healers don't need spirit on every piece!
Or at least that's what they've been telling me since cata...

No, that's only priests. Paladins are entitled to spirit everywhere, including on axes. At least that's my understanding.
Edited by Kaeladin on 10/10/2012 12:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
The reason they do this is because it makes the next tier of gear more desirable. I think they said somewhere at the beginning of last expansion that you won't get a full set of ideal itemization from the first tier or two. As the tier sets progress, you get a lot more freedom in your stat choices and reforges.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Dont holy pallys have endless wog heals and have more "free" heals than most classes can shake a stick at?

No. The heals aren't free.

By that same notion, are monk heals free because they cost Chi?

You pay for the "free" heals with the costs of the other heals you use or the limitation requirement of a second resource in order to even have access to some abilities.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/09/2012 11:44 PMPosted by Cyanidê
It's not quite the same for Shamans -- you guys have mana coming out of every orifice. Paladins are... seriously mana-starved at the moment.
Joking, Trolling, or just severely misinformed?

I've got over 10k Spirit Unbuffed, and it's nowhere near enough. Especially after pulling heroic Feng and Spirit Kings last night.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Answer: sloppy design.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/10/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Caleko
It's not quite the same for Shamans -- you guys have mana coming out of every orifice. Paladins are... seriously mana-starved at the moment.
Joking, Trolling, or just severely misinformed?

I've got over 10k Spirit Unbuffed, and it's nowhere near enough. Especially after pulling heroic Feng and Spirit Kings last night.

Please to be reading this from Hamlet @ EJ:

http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/2012/10/08/why-more-spirit-is-not-the-answer-to-your-healing-problems/

It is okay for every piece to not have spirit. Besides which, if you really need it to, you can reforge for that. I don't necessarily think you should though.
Reply Quote
10/10/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Darkthirst
So how does that not put holy pallys in the lead in "free" heals. After all if your doing your job and healing your gonna gain Holy powa.

Except our regular heals are super expensive. Also with no Judegments of the Pure spirit buff anymore, healing regular dungeon bosses is harder than heroic DS.

Edit: Let us not forget the free PW:S priests get to cast thanks to Rapture every 12 sec.

LoL, nobody has enough spirit to make PW:S free yet...

Your heals are "super expensive" because you are supposed to be using beacon smartly and effectively to utilize the extra healing it provides.

Not bouncing beacon is not a "good thing"™
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]