But Wait! There's Lore!

My lore packed patch senses are tingling. Is it me or will this contain more lore than in previous patchs had. maybe 2.4
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Maybe I'm being unrealistic in my expectations of Blizzard here, but I think if Blizzard delivered something along these lines, even the most diehard Alliance player would have a tough time complaining about the beginning considering where it ends up. The key to it all I suppose is that the player takes command very early in the story arc, and the end of the story arc involves a victory of epic proportions.

See, I like this idea. I don't want to win everything because that's just being very unrealistic. Especially when you consider how much the Alliance out numbers the Horde (Or had, at least. Not sure anymore). I'd like to see another Southern Barrens sort of scene, where it's full on war. But instead of just leaving it at "They're going to be fighting still" I wanna see the Alliance destroy the Horde. I wanna see the Alliance feel they're getting reparations for those lost at Theramore. In fact, I wanna see those commanders in that base, and slaying the very orchestration (aside from Garrosh) of Theramore slain themselves!

But, I fear this won't happen due to how Blizzard develops Horde characters. Everyone and everything is a plot device for A) Thrall or B) Garrosh. Even Baine and Vol'jin are both plot devices for both of them. So I fear the rejoice won't be heard due to "THESE WERE JUST RANDOM QUEST NPCS" like how it is whenever Shatterspear is brought up.

But, there always is room for hopeful thinking.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
The problem with completely destroying the Horde would be a) the requirement of having to completely redo all the old world questing AGAIN, and b) the Horde needs to still be playable.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
- 5.1 will heavily involve Blood Elves

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, sweet momma YES!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/09/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Baalsamael

I approve of this. I've been busy grinding rep for the MoP factions on this Ally main of mine. I'm hoping there'll be enough time to hop on my belf hunter and do the same before 5.1 launches. Other than that BRING ON THE ELVES.

-Sylvanas will be a major player in the Garrosh thing.

I APPROVE OF THIS EVEN MORE. But I'm still holding on to the hope that Vereesa will play a role somewhere along the line, if not in 5.1 then in 5.2. Family's one of the big themes in MoP, and Alleria's coming back in the next expansion; let's bring these two sisters together and iron out those bumps and kinks between them before we have that big family reunion. (And maybe we'll get that redemption story that won't result in Sylvanas's death or Forsaken genocide but a cure to undeath and all those happy feels...but that's wishful thinking on my part.)

-The thing in Tristfall has something to do with the Titans reordering Azeroth

Maybe it has something to do with Tyr?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/10/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Armitage
Maybe it has something to do with Tyr?

Tirisfal.

Tyr's Fall.

Has that been thought of before?
Edited by Baalsamael on 10/10/2012 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/10/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Fayt

Kosak also said that Night Elves would get some involvement...

Why am I getting the sinking feeling that 5.1 is going to be a mana-bomb fest with Night Elves on the receiving end?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

Why am I getting the sinking feeling that 5.1 is going to be a mana-bomb fest with Night Elves on the receiving end?

Hmmm.

I think it'll be some Elune-Ancient-Agusut-Celestial reunion on one hand, and some Waters of the Vale vs The Sunwell for the Blood Elves/Highborne.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
10/10/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Kyalin

The night elves then drop a bomb filled with druids on the blood elves.

Its turns everyone affected by the blast neutral.
Reply Quote

We're raiding Orgrimmar in 5.3. If they're gonna get this Horde rebellion thing rolling, they need to start soon. If they spend too much time having the non-orc races fight the Alliance, they're going to have to jam the rebellion in our faces with no time to really build it up. I don't think we're going to see mana bombs being thrown at the Night Elves. I expect they'll be involved with the rebellion.

If it's the Horde, it must be temporary. They don't go permanent neutral.
Edited by Katarn on 10/10/2012 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Tirisfal.

Tyr's Fall.

Has that been thought of before?

Since Blizzard confirmed there's no Old God underneath the Glade, the Tirisfal = Tyr's Fall theory has gained significance. Only way to find out if Tyr's really under there is to dig...and I don't think Blizzard wants us to excavate that fairy ring just yet.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Its clear what Tyrande and Lor'themar's 5.1 role will be. In the midst of a battle in the Vale, they ground will crumble and they'll fall into a deep pit, just the two of them. While waiting for a rescue, they'll paint each other's nails, swap gossip, and exchange stories about their husbands.

Before anyone asks, yes, Garrosh is Lor'themar's husband in that scenario.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Edit: Deleted. I guess my clipboard is being annoying.

The night elves then drop a bomb filled with druids on the blood elves.

Second edit: Here's the right one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQqeidrlDyw&feature=player_detailpage#t=374s
Edited by Kyalin on 10/10/2012 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
10/10/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Zizz
Maybe I'm being unrealistic in my expectations of Blizzard here, but I think if Blizzard delivered something along these lines, even the most diehard Alliance player would have a tough time complaining about the beginning considering where it ends up. The key to it all I suppose is that the player takes command very early in the story arc, and the end of the story arc involves a victory of epic proportions.

See, I like this idea. I don't want to win everything because that's just being very unrealistic. Especially when you consider how much the Alliance out numbers the Horde (Or had, at least. Not sure anymore). I'd like to see another Southern Barrens sort of scene, where it's full on war. But instead of just leaving it at "They're going to be fighting still" I wanna see the Alliance destroy the Horde. I wanna see the Alliance feel they're getting reparations for those lost at Theramore. In fact, I wanna see those commanders in that base, and slaying the very orchestration (aside from Garrosh) of Theramore slain themselves!

But, I fear this won't happen due to how Blizzard develops Horde characters. Everyone and everything is a plot device for A) Thrall or B) Garrosh. Even Baine and Vol'jin are both plot devices for both of them. So I fear the rejoice won't be heard due to "THESE WERE JUST RANDOM QUEST NPCS" like how it is whenever Shatterspear is brought up.

I still like my idea of training soldiers and sending them on missions. XD I dunno, I think it could add an interesting new mini-game. You choose your solders, so if you wanted, you could do an all-Night elf Sentinel squad for fun. You train them so they become stronger, the way you train your battle pets. You send them on missions, and they bring back money or loot. Its possible that they fail, or if things go really wrong, die! So you may have to train another. Would be optional, but it would be fun too, imo.
Reply Quote
10/10/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Resileaf

I still like my idea of training soldiers and sending them on missions. XD I dunno, I think it could add an interesting new mini-game. You choose your solders, so if you wanted, you could do an all-Night elf Sentinel squad for fun. You train them so they become stronger, the way you train your battle pets. You send them on missions, and they bring back money or loot. Its possible that they fail, or if things go really wrong, die! So you may have to train another. Would be optional, but it would be fun too, imo.

Wasn't this what we did with those Jinyu back in the Jade Forest? I have a feeling the Questing will be kinda like that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Wasn't this what we did with those Jinyu back in the Jade Forest? I have a feeling the Questing will be kinda like that.

I'm thinking of something more permanent. Have you ever played Assassin's creed 2: brotherhood? I'm mostly thinking about the assassins you lead in that game and how you train them, and they assist you in battle and bring you back money or loot.
Reply Quote

I'm thinking of something more permanent. Have you ever played Assassin's creed 2: brotherhood? I'm mostly thinking about the assassins you lead in that game and how you train them, and they assist you in battle and bring you back money or loot.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. However, I don't think such a thing would be possible in a permanent MMO like WoW. I'm thinking it'll limited to a few quests, perhaps some Dailies, but not more than that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Because you're a pessimist.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

To be fair, it was made clear that the night elves would lose their land without Theramore.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

To be fair, it was made clear that the night elves would lose their land without Theramore.

Glad I didn't buy Tides of War. Based off of this alone, I won't be buying the new Vol'jin novel either.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]