Latency Hacking.

(Locked)

90 Worgen Warrior
Seriously im going to quit this game if this garbage is not fixed.

How many years has it been since people have been abusing this in PvP ? Too long. I am a paying Customer, ive been playing this game for years upon years.

Why do you still allow this to happen ? Every single other game thats server based has set latency limiter, even Xbox Live.

You should disconnect if your latency goes soo high that you teleport around the map like a Mage with no cooldown on Blink.

At this point im pretty much giving you money, to not enforce the rules and terms you guys set. Im paying you to be cheated out of enjoyment.
Edited by Punctured on 10/9/2012 10:01 PM PDT
70 Night Elf Death Knight
Have you reported those players you feel are cheating? That is the only way for Blizzard to see what's going on.
72 Blood Elf Hunter
"Lag hacking" - the #1 excuse for losing since 1998.
90 Dwarf Hunter
The one lag hack I am aware of is the one using a certain code multi-lined macro and spamming it over and over. I won't say the code or how many lines because then people will be trying it to see if it works.

All i am going to say is it works because it unsyncs your toon from the server.

If you see a player blinking around who should not have a blink, chances are good they are doing this and should be reported. "Like a dk that you can't target because he keeps blinking from place to place."
61 Worgen Priest
10/10/2012 05:44 AMPosted by Punctured
Blizzard does nothing about it because its "hard to prove". Ive recorded videos, sent them in.

Where are you sending these videos?

You need to right click the player, report for cheating, then put a description of what they are doing. This is not something that is hard to prove at all since it is a line they enter in chat over and over and over also saved in macros. Blizzard has logs of this and it is not hard to prove at all.
69 Orc Death Knight
Blizzard does nothing about it because its "hard to prove". Ive recorded videos, sent them in.

Blizzard relies on what they can prove, not what players claim. Even if you're honest, how can they tell by video that someone didn't fake this by re-editing or using a demo or illegal server to frame someone?

People dont magically go from perfect connection to terrible connection right when theyre near death or in a troubling situation that will cause a loss.

You sure about that? I know on my old computer, lag would go through the roof if I were in a particularly thick PvP battle or raid fight. Hell, it was a while before I could even stand to enter Dalaran.

Theres people on my server who blatantly hack, and use latency hacking as well, brag about it too. They been doing it since Burning Crusade, received multiple reports against them, and still nothing has been done.

Why do you trust them that nothing has been done? They have everything to gain by lying to you, and as has already been stated, this isn't the simplest thing in the world to prove.

Apparently their money is better than mine since Blizzard allows things like this to continuously go on.

Apparently, you'd have Blizzard take you at your word when it comes to banning people, and your desire for this to come to an end makes the solution manifest instantly, cheaply, and with no false positives.
90 Human Mage
Seriously im going to quit this game if this garbage is not fixed.

How many years has it been since people have been abusing this in PvP ? Too long. I am a paying Customer, ive been playing this game for years upon years.

Why do you still allow this to happen ? Every single other game thats server based has set latency limiter, even Xbox Live.

You should disconnect if your latency goes soo high that you teleport around the map like a Mage with no cooldown on Blink.

At this point im pretty much giving you money, to not enforce the rules and terms you guys set. Im paying you to be cheated out of enjoyment.

Don't you already have another thread off a different toon about the same topic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794032711?page=1

Same thing I said in that thread. Sounds like jealousy. You upset he is getting away with something you cannot do or are unsure of how to do?

Report them, move on.
Support Forum Agent
10/10/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Dlm
Don't you already have another thread off a different toon about the same topic.

The same topic doesn't make it the same person. More then one individual can come across someone who may be exploiting.

Suggesting that because someone do not like others to get away with cheating doesn't mean that they are jealous that they cannot do so themselves. That is ridiculous reasoning.

The only point where I will agree is if you come across someone that you believe to be cheating/exploiting please use the right click report feature to report it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]