All I want is to Raid on WoW/Cyberpower Order

90 Troll Hunter
I want to play World of Warcraft on maxed out settings w/o any issues.
So I am wondering if this setup is overkill (I may want to play Diablo 3 as well) these are the only games that I will ever be playing, guaranteed.
I may learn to OC in the future (3-6 months) but not for now.
Also I am looking for the maximum coolest way to keep my computer cold.
I have read that, Generally, a full-tower case would cool better. So thats what I am aiming for
Here it is:

CASE: Azza Fusion 3000 Full-Tower or In-Win Dragon Rider Full-Tower.
Azza Fusion looks like a very good deal.

MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, XFast Technologies, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 3x PCIe x16 (2 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2x PCIe x1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)

CPU: i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

VIDEO CARD/GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0

HDD1/SSD: 128 GB OCZ Vertex 4 SATA-III 6.0Gb/s - 535 MB/s Read & 200 MB/s Write

HDD2: 500GB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200 RPM HDD

MEMORY/RAM: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory

POWERSUPPLY/PSU: 850 Watts - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand TPG-850M Gold Modular 80 Plus Power Supply

CPU FAN: Asetek 570LX Liquid Cooling system w/ 240MM Radiator and Dual Fans (Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

So I am going to place my order in less than 2 days unless I find that I need to study some more, ALL FEEDBACK IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Power Supply is overkill
Probably get the 750 Cosair PSU since you get a free upgrade from the 650 watt.
otherwise the 650watt cosair.
750 should be enough for XFIRE.

Your setup is extremely overkill for blizzard games.

I used to own a IN-WIN case...good case though I scrapped my legs sometimes on the case. Always a fan of Cooler Master HAF series so I always recommend looking into those cases as well.
Edited by Insideme on 10/10/2012 3:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
ok what would be suggestible that should be perfect, but not overkill.
an i3-3220 3.30 GHz 3MB Intel Smart Cache?
Ill go with the 750 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI
GPU?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I guess I threw extremely overkill out of content.

if you are into overclocking then stick with your current setup maybe drop to a 7870 but I'd stick with what you have. Maybe you'll hop onto another game that is more demanding.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
well I am only going to be playing WoW and (maybe Diablo 3) I promise you I wont be playing anything more demanding, I just want to know what would be a perfect setup for those 2 games, not too overkill, but I dont wanna be playing on my new PC and be like man I wish this game wasnt so slow/!@#$ty. know what I mean?

I was just (kind of) considering trying to OC in like (3-6months) i know nothing about it, so if I can get a descent setup w/o OC thats all that I am looking for..
Edited by Murckya on 10/10/2012 7:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1EHPT4

The i3 is usually powerful enough, but I donno I like having a ton of background programs running

if you want to pinch another 50dollars drop down to a 7850
Edited by Insideme on 10/10/2012 7:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow you want to use a SSD? I mean by all means, it's flashy and have at it, but its completely unnecessary to play.. and costs a TON more than a regular HDD
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
it loads faster and it significantly reduces time you spend waiting for things to load (especially when you boot the system!). it is a little bit spendy though thats forrsure.
Also, an SSD is a big advantage on WoW, since more than just the boot time will be faster but loading of maps as well.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
What is max budget?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd go with Insideme's suggested list with i5-3470, Radeon 7870, 8gb of ram, pick whichever case you like best. With the hard drive, SSD's don't give you more fps, just faster load times, but they are a nice quality of life feature. Up to you if the investment is worth it there.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
budget is somewhere around 1500, just want to enjoy wow no hassle, I know thats probably (maybe) a tough question for not wanting to OC.
Yeah I would very much enjoy an SSD, just for faster load times.

and again ONLY going to be playing WoW (and maybe D3).
Edited by Murckya on 10/10/2012 7:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You have to firmly decide if you will OC or not, because non-OC build will never let you try OCing.

That said, for playing WoW, you definitely don't need to spend anywhere near $1500.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
is it necessary to OC in WoW?
because I would rather get all of the parts needed in order to play WoW the best
(much more expensive I would imagine),
W/o Overclocking.
Edited by Murckya on 10/10/2012 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
OC is never necessary to get the performance you need.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
excellent! haha yeah im noob when it comes to computer parts, but I have been reading a lot up on it in the past 2 weeks.
yea I plan to pay less and get parts that will still preform to WoW's max.
Edited by Murckya on 10/10/2012 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
CyberPowerPC seem to sell their graphics cards quite more pricey than what you can by getting online elsewhere.

IE) Radeon HD 7870 is $260 with these guys. Online, you can find one for $200 quite frequently.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131466&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

(Out of stock for now, but should be back soon).

** A CyberPowerPC configuration example:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1EHR1J

$1125

** If you built your own:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ikTQ

$925 (including Windows 7)

And that's with not using the cheapest HD 7870s around. If you did, you'll probably hit $900 just about.

Only other savings you can realize with either of these two builds is to drop down to Radeon HD 7850. That is acceptable. Going to HD 7850 will cause CyberPowerPC build to drop to $1070, while building your own can drop down to as low as $875.

Also note any pre-built PC shops will charge you a high shipping cost ($70ish), while having individual parts delivered will cost at most, $30ish.
Edited by Kalganized on 10/10/2012 8:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
If I were to try and build one myself it would be a nice experience and all but I just want a new computer like right now, lol..

do you think the GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H mobo would make my wow(and maybe D3) experience better?
Edited by Murckya on 10/10/2012 9:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It's pretty much the same waiting period. Unless you pay $$$$ for "express build order", they will take ~2 weeks to ship it out to you.

Buying parts is generally slightly faster (max. 5 business days, depending on how close you are).

You will experience no noticeable performance improvement in games by getting a Z77 board over B75.
Edited by Kalganized on 10/10/2012 9:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
does it just take a few hours to build a PC?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
To me, yeah. Most of the time is taken up by installing Windows and necessary software. Actual assembly time takes about 30 mins tops for me.

For new people, I'd expect a day for most.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]