Help coming back to WoW

86 Orc Warrior
Hi! As you can see I am level 85. I first started WoW since it came out. I never participated in any raids greater than a dungeon group (I think it was 5 people for a group?)

Anyways, (and for some reason I'm limited to where I can post) I need help coming back to WoW and I have a few questions.

How should I get into participating in raids? Is it to late for me? Should I reroll a warrior?

I have other toons above 50.

Am I just stressing to much coming back?

It's been a while since I played
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
The expansion's only been out for a couple of weeks, so it's not too late. Look for a guild that is recruiting new members, and is willing to take on inexperienced players eager to learn.

And you can try raiding at level 90 using the LFR tool as well.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/10/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Skrish
Should I reroll a warrior?

Why would you re-roll a class you've already leveled?

If you like playing a warrior, keep with it. I haven't played my warrior in MoP yet (had been my main for the past six years, finally giving healing a real try instead of tanking), but I enjoyed the changes with the last patch. More strategy and thought based, rather than following a pretty standard rotation and popping cooldowns at the appropriate moments.

For raiding, you've got all sorts of options.

Because it's a new expansion, raiding guilds will be filling spots as people decide not to play any more, change mains (my guild lost a tank and gained a healer because I'm switching mains), decide to focus on something other than raiding, are taking too long to level/gear up. And new guilds are forming all the time, especially with new content.

You can also just make yourself available as a PuG raider -- sit in Trade Chat: "[class role] looking for raiding".

And there's the LFR system. It's not my first choice -- I don't like the "dumbing down" of the mechanics, and I raid as much to be around my guildmates as to get loot.
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
The expansion's only been out for a couple of weeks, so it's not too late. Look for a guild that is recruiting new members, and is willing to take on inexperienced players eager to learn.

And you can try raiding at level 90 using the LFR tool as well.

There is such a thing??
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/10/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Deadbanger
There is such a thing??

Yes, there's guilds on both sides on every realm that are willing to take and help out new players. They're called "leveling guilds", and they're one of the most common guild types.

The guilds most people think about and get stuck in their heads are the "raiding" guilds. Those only accept max-level players and require that you know how to play your class very well, and will kick you out if you miss too many raids or require any hand-holding.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
There are and always will be guilds of all types. If you really put yourself out there usually you can find a guild that meets your needs. From casual leveling guilds, to casual raiding guilds, to serious PVP and PVE guilds, to now guilds that try to top challenge mode leaderboards.
Edited by Monmonn on 10/10/2012 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]