Healing Sphere, another joke from blizzard?

11 Undead Warlock
As a WW monk my healing sphere heals for 17k, and costs 60 energy....

17k/320k = 0.05

So 60 energy for a 5% heal? And this class is supposed to have off heal capability?

What the hell is blizzard thinking? Every ability monk has is entirely underpowered.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
Who said we were supposed to have off heal capability?
Reply Quote
11 Undead Warlock
10/10/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Cyntric

A paladin, shaman, druid or priest in DPS spec can off heal in pvp...

Monk.. No that's the garbage class, their burst sucks, they get locked down extremely easy, and they can't heal either.
Edited by Kane on 10/10/2012 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Warlock

Monk.. No that's the garbage class, their burst sucks, they get locked down extremely easy, and they can't heal either.

Rogues, mages, DKs, warriors, warlocks and hunters can't offheal (technically a hunter's spirit beast can if you want to count it). And they manage.

What part of Healing Sphere made you think 'oh windwalker monks are obviously supposed to be excellent offhealers' exactly?
Edited by Seyl on 10/10/2012 10:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
11 Undead Warlock
10/10/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Seyl

Rogues, mages, DKs, warriors, warlocks and hunters can't offheal (technically a hunter's spirit beast can if you want to count it). And they manage.

What part of Healing Sphere made you think 'oh windwalker monks are obviously supposed to be excellent offhealers' exactly?

They all have much better self-heals than monks do, and they aren't even hybrid class. Jeez you aren't that bright.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

I get where you're going with your point, but all those classes you listed are either pure DPS or are not a healing hybrid. DKs and warriors can already out heal healers in PvP.
Edited by Microwaves on 10/10/2012 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It was great in Beta, now it's being tuned over and over, I am sure they will get it right by 5.1
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
10/10/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Kane

None of those are monks.

I'm not saying that Windwalker doesn't have it's share of utility problems in pvp but it doesn't look like the design Blizzard used for WW was intended to allow for off healing.
Reply Quote
11 Undead Warlock
10/10/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Cyntric

None of those are monks.

I'm not saying that Windwalker doesn't have it's share of utility problems in pvp but it doesn't look like the design Blizzard used for WW was intended to allow for off healing.

WW Monks don't have anything but problems.

Let's not let monks offheal.

Let's not let monks do burst damage.

Let's not let monks stay on target in pvp.

Let's not let monks do anything except act as a distraction.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yeah if you want to play a dps don't play monk right now too many problems in a ton of areas.

However their tanking and healing is real fun and can be quite powerful
Reply Quote
10/10/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Cyntric

None of those are monks.

Then Blizzard is rescinding on the design philosophy they've apparently had from the beginning. Monk brings nothing to the tab some other class doesn't already do for the luxury of being worse at it than what others do. The idea that a melee dps healer hybrid that has no ability to heal itself is laughable. In threes they would be the easiest class to roll over.
Reply Quote
Our dps is fine, we just take a few seconds longer to reach our max dps. On long boss fights we should always be at the top three spots. In lfr I have been top everytime. In guild no so much do to the amount of running around. Hard to keep all buffs up.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
A class blizz intentionally made weak such as to prevent DKs all over again is weak, film at 11.
Reply Quote
11 Undead Warlock
10/10/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Bones
Our dps is fine, we just take a few seconds longer to reach our max dps. On long boss fights we should always be at the top three spots. In lfr I have been top everytime. In guild no so much do to the amount of running around. Hard to keep all buffs up.

In PvP it is TERRIBLE, beyond horrible.

And even in PvE WW monks are supposed to be at least 5% behind the rest.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
10/10/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Kane

In PvP it is TERRIBLE, beyond horrible.

And even in PvE WW monks are supposed to be at least 5% behind the rest.

What ????? how are we supposed to be 5% behind the rest oh great whiner ? I'm usually at least 10% ABOVE any other class.
Reply Quote
11 Undead Warlock
10/10/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Wisemuffins
A class blizz intentionally made weak such as to prevent DKs all over again is weak, film at 11.

They couldn't have intentionally made it at least as strong as other classes? Every PvP player that prefers DPS is getting completely trolled if they rolled a monk.
Reply Quote
In pvp I am a God when I have all my cooldowns. If I don't have cooldowns I am a great Forrest Gump. " RUN FORREST!"
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
10/10/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Kane

They couldn't have intentionally made it at least as strong as other classes? Every PvP player that prefers DPS is getting completely trolled if they rolled a monk.

And every PvE player that prefers DPS is loving the monk. Top of the charts and a blast to play.

Stop your whining and try posting something constructive for once.
Reply Quote
11 Undead Warlock
10/10/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Bones
In pvp I am a God when I have all my cooldowns. If I don't have cooldowns I am a great Forrest Gump. " RUN FORREST!"

You don't have much pvp experience do you. If you think you're doing good as a monk, you'd be melting faces using ANY OTHER CLASS.
Reply Quote
11 Undead Warlock
10/10/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Somaliu

And every PvE player that prefers DPS is loving the monk. Top of the charts and a blast to play.

Stop your whining and try posting something constructive for once.

This isn't a PvE thread, go somewhere else. I think barbie or spongebob might be on TV, check it out!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]