Trail Account to Starter Edition.

If I upgrade my WoW to the starter edition will I be able to continue my level 15 character to level 70 or will I have to start all over? If so, how? Because my brother just downloaded the 50% off battle chest when you log into a trial account and it says that he has "WOW1" and "WOW2" When he logs in and selects WOW1, it has his level 20 character on the trial version and still asks him to upgrade and says Mists of Pandaria. And on WOW2, it says wrath of the lich king but has no character... I really put a lot of work into level my character and leveling him and I do not want to start over but I want to play passed level 20! Please help the newbie!!! Thanks a ton!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You won't have to start over.
I'm not sure what problem he's having to be honest, but I had toons on my account from 2009 when I first started so no you'll still have your account.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/11/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Firelumos
If I upgrade my WoW to the starter edition will I be able to continue my level 15 character to level 70 or will I have to start all over?

No you don't have to start all over. If you upgrade your trial account (and not accidentally make a new one) you'll unlock the previously locked features and you'll be able to continue with those same characters.

10/11/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Firelumos
Because my brother just downloaded the 50% off battle chest when you log into a trial account and it says that he has "WOW1" and "WOW2" When he logs in and selects WOW1, it has his level 20 character on the trial version and still asks him to upgrade and says Mists of Pandaria. And on WOW2, it says wrath of the lich king but has no character...

Your brother accidentally made a new account with the upgrade instead of upgrading the account he already had. So now he has 2 accounts, the old one that's still a starter and a newly created and upgraded account. Have him call Blizzard's accounts and billing number, they should be able to take the upgrade off of his second account and move it to his trial account, provided he hasn't actually done anything on his second account.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Well, first off, I'm a little confused. Are these your brother's accounts, or yours? Either way, unless you are your brother's legal guardian (or vice versa), you shouldn't be playing on the same Battle.net account. You may only play on an account in your name.

Second, it sounds like instead of upgrading the trial account, a brand new account was created on the Battle.net account with the Battlechest. That means WoW1 is the trial still, and WoW2 is the Battlechest account. You would have to call Billing and Account Services to have them properly upgrade the correct account.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/11/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Cerylia
Well, first off, I'm a little confused. Are these your brother's accounts, or yours? Either way, unless you are your brother's legal guardian (or vice versa), you shouldn't be playing on the same Battle.net account. You may only play on an account in your name.

I think it's 2 different users, who happen to be brothers. The brother of the OP upgraded his account with those results, and now the OP wants to make sure his accounts don't have the same problem as his brother's does.
Reply Quote
It's two totally different account, I haven't upgraded mine yet and he has, I am basically posting for him so I don't make the same mistake :)
Reply Quote
Okay thank you guys yo have all helped and he did make a second account by accident and now I know that I have to click the "UPGRADE" Button IN MY ACCOUNT and not the pop up one! Thank you for resolving this issue for me! We are both new to the game but really like it and this community on how fast you guys respond! <3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
It's basically like he has two log ins and one is the starter and the other is the battle chest and he has no characters on the battle chest version but his old one on the starter edition, is there any way that we can transfer that character to the "WoW2" log in thing? :(

Like we said, call Blizzard's Accounts and Billing number, they will be able to fix it. After they are done with it your brother will have only one account that will be his original starter will all his characters, BUT it will also be upgraded to the full version.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Okay thank you guys yo have all helped and he did make a second account by accident and now I know that I have to click the "UPGRADE" Button IN MY ACCOUNT and not the pop up one! Thank you for resolving this issue for me! We are both new to the game but really like it and this community on how fast you guys respond! <3

Wait, before you go:

It's not just in your battle.net account you have to be upgrading, but you have to go into the summary page for the individual WoW account you wish to upgrade.
Reply Quote

Wait, before you go:

It's not just in your battle.net account you have to be upgrading, but you have to go into the summary page for the individual WoW account you wish to upgrade.

Where is the summary page?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/11/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Firelumos

There you'll see a list of your sub-accounts attached to your battle.net umbrella account.
Click on the sub-account you want to upgrade.
You will be brought to that account's summary page.
In the pane containing your WoW account's summary information you'll see an option to upgrade, THAT's where you want to click.
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Avanna

There you'll see a list of your sub-accounts attached to your battle.net umbrella account.
Click on the sub-account you want to upgrade.
You will be brought to that account's summary page.
In the pane containing your WoW account's summary information you'll see an option to upgrade, THAT's where you want to click.

Oh where is says "Wow 1" I click upgrade now, Okay thank you very much Avanna!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/11/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Firelumos
Oh where is says "Wow 1" I click upgrade now, Okay thank you very much Avanna!!

Yup, and you're welcome. Have fun, and have your brother call accounts & billing, they'll fix his issue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This happened to me and I have seen it happen a lot. SHAME on Blizzard for not fixing this and making it more user friendly.

I followed their instructions but I knew there was a problem when I suddenly had a Wow1 and Wow2 account and submitted a ticket to get it fixed.

Seriously, how hard could it possibly be to have a pop-up box come up to ask Are you upgrading click here ( ) Are you starting a new Wow account click here ( ).

They must like fixing problems they cause.
Reply Quote
12 Night Elf Druid
I have a WOW1 starter account that I leveled to 12. My daughter refered me and says she can get bonus stuff for the referral. Problem is when I clicked the link to subscribe I ended up creating a WOW2 account. Can I subscribe under the WOW2 account for the bonuses and still keep my WOW1 character at level 12?
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Briyeth
Can I subscribe under the WOW2 account for the bonuses and still keep my WOW1 character at level 12?

No. Recruit a Friend requires that a new player be recruited -- one cannot recruit someone who has already started playing. In order to get the bonuses, you have to start a new account from the emailed invitation.

You can transfer the level 12 toon to your new account, but I wouldn't bother. Level 12 is only a few hours worth of play at most.

More info: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/recruit-a-friend-faq
Reply Quote
12 Night Elf Druid
Thanks. Looks like I start over.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]