Not Responding?

90 Orc Warrior
Recently I've had a lot of problems with WoW randomly not responding. When it stops, I can't exit out of it, but the process continues and I can't end it. It also messes with the rest of my comp and makes everything lag, including a half hour shutdown/restart time so that I can start playing again. Don't see how it can be comp specs but here they are anyways:

CPU: i7-2640M @2.8 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics: GeForce GT 540M

Also, everything is updated and this didn't start happening until MOP. Really hoping to raid this week so help is greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I am having the same issues! I noticed it starting just before MoP was released, but since the actual release it has gotten progressively worse. I don't know if you play with the sound on, but I have also noticed my sound begins to freeze, skip, or shut completely down before a "big freeze". When it happens, my WoW window says (Not responding) and my entire computer is frozen anywhere from 3-10 minutes at a time. Battle.net occasionally disconnects during it as well. I really hope someone finds the answer because it's driving me insane!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Bumping this because I really need help. Missed the raid tonight because of this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm having the same problem. Any input on how to fix this would be nice.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Bump! I attempted a dungeon tonight and froze multiple times during. I reinstalled WoW, set my graphics to low, and haven't been running any programs in the background and it's still doing this to me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I a. Having similar problems the game crashes then I can't reconnect and have to restart ,y computer to get it to reconnect to wow. Internet still works but super super slow. I have no clue what the issue is
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Hey guys, haven't had a definitive answer/solution yet. But I was told to try this: Within the wow folder, delete the files wow.mpil, wow.mfil, and wow.tfil. Then go into the Data folder and delete the cache. Finally go into your C drive, Program Data, and delete battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment. Don't no if this works or not, I'm trying it right now and I'll let you guys know.
Reply Quote
I'm also having this problem and have been since 5.0.4. The problem occurs with and without addons. The game is borderline unplayable : /
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Isoln please let me know! Last night, I tried this:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/world-of-warcraft-is-not-responding/b067640e-9b3f-4f7b-aa4f-843d17bfd29c

I have only had 1 freeze since then. So far, no permanent solution though it does seem to have helped a little bit.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Nope, didn't help :( Stopped again after about 2 hrs. Sending in my DxDiag and MSInfo and seeing if they can do anything.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I really hate to hear that. Last night after my husband messed with my computer, I had a few good hours to play on and was even able to run a few dungeons. Today I log in and it was back to the same old stuff. I think he's going to completely reformat my computer because he seems to think it's on my end. We don't know what else there is to do.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm having the same issue. I've reinstalled, deleted interface folder, turned off addONs, set graphics to low and still having the game not respond about twice every hour.
Reply Quote
Hey! Try going to the task manage, right click the wow go to set affinity, set it to just 1 processor instead of using all. It worked for me for some odd reason
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Setting to just 1 processor has worked for me so far also, makes my frame rate drop some but at least I don't crash. I will post again if I experience any crashes with the affinity set to just one processor.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
same problem here. WE DEMAND A SOLUTION. this crap started when MOP came out.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Ramcharger - you should start your own thread if you have a problem. That is how it works on this forum. Explain what is happening. Check you main wow folder for errors folder and paste the most recent on your new thread.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Has anyone found a solution to this problem
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I updated my video driver and so far it has fixed my problem
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
having the same problem. even when tabbing out of wow...it freezes in the background.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Having the same issue... random non responds everywhere...... please help... updated graphics driver yesterday, the only time it doesnt freeze often is when my addons are off
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]