List of current Monk bugs (Updated 10/11)

90 Pandaren Monk
Thought I would compile a list of current Monk bugs since a few of them have been popping up, some of which were also in beta.

Updated 10/11

Grapple Weapon

This does not work against hunters in arena. I don't know whether this is intentional or not, I feel like it should still disarm them even if we don't use their weapon.

When it works:
    Steals any melee weapon in all situations, only takes ranged in Duels.

When it fails:
    When stealing ranged weapon in Arena / BGs

Diffuse Magic

Diffuse Magic does not transfer casted debuffs regardless of range,.

When it works:
    Diffuse magic removes existing debuffs, and reduces spell damage taken by 90%
    Seems to transfer debuffs to original caster in duels

When it fails:
    Regardless of range, the removed debuffs do not return to their original caster.
    Still failing in world pvp and in battlegrounds

Jab Showtooltip Macro

Incorrectly shows Jab unable for use whenever #showtooltip Jab is used.
More info here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794979545?page=1#1

When it works:
    Shows correct tooltip (However never "fully" works)

When it fails:
    Greyed out like you were out of energy at all times.

Flying Serpent Kick Glyph

Does not consistently stop on mobs and does not allow manual stop

When it works:
    Big mobs / low latency environments

When it fails:
    High latency or small mobs not hitting in dead center
    Does not allow you to manually stop, if design decision should be added to tooltip

Invoke Xuen

Occasionally will target (and taunt for brewmaster) target other than originally intended

When it works:
    When there is only one target and most of the time on your main target

When it fails:
    Multiple mobs grouped up the summon will occasionally attack wrong target

Dizzying Haze Debuff (Possibly a design decision and not a bug)

Does not apply debuff for interaction with Breath of Fire or for enemy misfire if the enemy is immune to slows. The "Dizzying Haze" move also does not apply threat if targets are immune to slows.

When it works:
    Against all enemies who can be slowed.

When it fails:
    Enemies who are immune to slow do not get the rest of the debuff

Unconfirmed Bugs

• Touch of Karma occasionally does not absorb damage, before max health absorption hit
  • I will fill this list as people post more bugs and then move to the other list once I have tested them.

Any other ones I'm missing? These are from my own experience / confirmed bugs based on forum talk.

Fixed Bugs

Chi Wave

Chi wave stops when bouncing to an ally UNLESS ally is the first target of the cast.

When it works:
      In 1v1 Chi wave bounces from enemy to player for a total of 7 times.

When it fails:
      Chi wave cast on enemy, bounces off to ally and stops.
      Chi wave cast on ally, bounces to enemy and then to another ally and stops.

Edited by Brewmook on 10/10/2012 10:50 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    Keg Smash is in the same as Dizzying Haze. Also when using Dizzying Haze you do not get the threat generation you should if the target is immune, it also does not tell you that the attack is immune.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    10/02/2012 07:32 PMPosted by Mistweavers
    Keg Smash is in the same as Dizzying Haze. Also when using Dizzying Haze you do not get the threat generation you should if the target is immune, it also does not tell you that the attack is immune.

Thanks, clarified that I was talking about the debuff and not just the move.
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Warrior
    Clash

1) When attempting to clash to a target that is near a corner, the enemy will stop before they reach me.
    2) When attempting to clash to a caster mob, they will start casting immediately, and not move towards me at all.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    Clash

1) When attempting to clash to a target that is near a corner, the enemy will stop before they reach me.
    2) When attempting to clash to a caster mob, they will start casting immediately, and not move towards me at all.

There are definitely some issues with Clash, a lot of which are because of monster immunities. We really need a glyph like death grip where if they are immune it refreshes.
    Reply Quote
    94 Draenei Monk
    I swear there's a bug with RSK where enemies can parry the effect but take the damage, I saw it during ramparts where MSBT reported the damage but showed a second RSK icon that said parried.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    Flying serpent kick almost never stops on mobs with the glyph.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    10/03/2012 08:21 AMPosted by Chowpain
    I've had a lot of cases where I can't manually stop it, either. Kind of annoying when you're trying to use it to get into a pack and you end up flying past them and into another one because recasting the ability doesn't do anything.

Regarding grapple weapon not working with players' ranged weapons, I've stolen bows from mobs, so I guess it's intended?
    Edited by Daralii on 10/3/2012 10:40 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    Flying serpent kick may be glitched with the glyph only. Going to do some more testing on it.

Haven't been able to reproduce RSK going through parry, but then again I'm on a testing dummy so maybe it says no damage but actually does? I'll try some duels.
    Reply Quote
    100 Tauren Hunter
    If you use Zen Meditation to go to Peak of Serenity and accept a LFG invite, when you leave the instance you go back to Peak of Serenity and Zen Meditation is reset. If you cast it at that point, you will port to the temple at Peak of Serenity (even if you're already standing there) ... cast it again you end up in the graveyard on Peak of Serenity.

It's a minor nuisance since most people can hearth out, but still a nuisance.
    Reply Quote
    10/03/2012 08:21 AMPosted by Chowpain

Confirmed.

Furthermore if you are glyphed you can't land manually.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    10/03/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Sosume

Confirmed.

Furthermore if you are glyphed you can't land manually.
    I don't have the glyph and half the time I can't land manually.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794829770

i put in a list earlier
    Reply Quote
    100 Pandaren Monk
    Chi wave seems to be fixed. At least it was working properly tonight for my mistweaver friend as we dungeoned.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    Chi Wave, Diffuse Magic, and Grapple weapon were fixed on realm restart 10/3.

Added Flying Serpent Kick glyph and Invoke Xuen the White Tiger

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794829770

i put in a list earlier

Added Xuen from that list after confirming still happening (saw it earlier as well but forgot). Fists of Fury works like all channeled spells that I know of, where it's effects don't happen right away. This is the same thing with Crackling Jade Lightning / Soul Drain and is a design decision not a bug.

Touch of Karma does seem to be doing wonky things, trying to nail down when it happens.
    Edited by Brewmook on 10/3/2012 8:05 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    Tigereye Brew:

The windwalker's mastery has a chance to give a free Blackout Kick or Tiger Palm. The free Blackout Kicks DO apply to the Tigereye Brew stacks, the free Tiger Palms do NOT.

I'm not sure which one is the bug, but either way it's only working as intended half the time
    Reply Quote
    94 Draenei Monk
    EDIT:Nevermind, seems to be working now, guess talbuk hitboxes must be really small.

Also rising sun kick is confused, the tooltip on the ability says 10% increased damage, mobs debuff says 15%

Also here's a picture of RSK's bizarre effect of having the damage go out but the effect getting parried/dodged:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1657865/WoWScrnShot_100412_111108.jpg
    Edited by Zephel on 10/4/2012 8:50 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    You forgot the FoF bug where it takes over 1s for the stun to affect players in PvP. There isn't a delay in PvE but against players there's a huge delay that makes it hard to use.

Also, the jab glyph doesn't work sometimes, even if you are glyphed to ALWAYS punch, you will still use your weapon at times, I haven't tested to see if I can nail down the situations in which this happens.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    Also, I can confirm that diffuse magic isn't always putting DoT's back on the caster even if they're in range.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    You forgot the FoF bug where it takes over 1s for the stun to affect players in PvP. There isn't a delay in PvE but against players there's a huge delay that makes it hard to use.

Also, the jab glyph doesn't work sometimes, even if you are glyphed to ALWAYS punch, you will still use your weapon at times, I haven't tested to see if I can nail down the situations in which this happens.

I thought I replied to this but I guess not. Fists of Fury works like all other channel moves, where the damage/effect applies after about a second. This is how Drain Soul works, as well as crackling jade lightning, and is a design decision rather than a bug.

I'll look into the jab thing, it does bug out with disarm already where if you use it while disarmed it will stay constantly using punch without the glyph.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]