The Vale Of Eternal Blossoms...

Hi there, Moon Guard! I've been asking around and haven't been able to get a solid answer on this question:

If the Vale of Eternal Blossoms just opened, why is there a Mogu'Shan palace there? I understand the Mogo used to rule over Pandaria, but why is it still full of them in the instance? It seems a bit dangerous to let everyone in and then be surprised Mogu are going around assassinating people when there's a huge temple full of them.

I haven't really done any quests here, but no 90's seem to know, either.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
Hey, this is fishel btw.

I'm not sure yet. I haven't finished all the quests.

But I'm guessing we're moving in to kill them.

Mogu are like pandarian trolls.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
10/02/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Frostytroll
Mogu are like pandarian trolls.

Except we haven't found any "good" ones yet.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
They're even allied with the trolls.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
The Pandaren defeated the Mogu and then the Mogu moved to Jade Forest. The Vale was blocked off and watched over by the Golden Lotus. Recently the Mogu have been scouting and sneaking in, plot wise they want resurrect the Thunder King.

And if you did the quests, the Zandalari lost their home land Zandalar in the Cataclysm and so they came to Pandaria and want to help the Mogu resurrect the Thunder King, apparently they're in cahoots to help resurrect him for land I guess? I think the Lorewalker said "He will be resurrected with the voice of the Amani." or something along those lines.

All in all I love the lore in this xpac, better than HERP DURR CRAZY DRAGON BREAK EVERYTHING.
Edited by Björn on 10/2/2012 7:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Apparently, the Zandalari and Mogu used to be pretty tight back in the day. Now with their home destroyed, the Zandalari are trying to rebuild an empire and old alliances.
Edited by Ruvok on 10/2/2012 10:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
10/02/2012 07:34 PMPosted by Volkuza
Except we haven't found any "good" ones yet.

Zandalari were only pretend good guys anyway
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hi there, Moon Guard! I've been asking around and haven't been able to get a solid answer on this question:

If the Vale of Eternal Blossoms just opened, why is there a Mogu'Shan palace there? I understand the Mogo used to rule over Pandaria, but why is it still full of them in the instance? It seems a bit dangerous to let everyone in and then be surprised Mogu are going around assassinating people when there's a huge temple full of them.

I haven't really done any quests here, but no 90's seem to know, either.

Does anyone have any ideas?

The Vale of Eternal Blossoms was the seat of the Mogu'shan Empire, and basically the place where the Mogu and the Jinyu came from (near as we can tell from the Lorewalker quests).

The Golden Lotus quests seem to indicate that the Mogu are actually breaking back in - something the Pandaren have been watching for or some such. As far as why they are in Mogu'shan Palace, well...it's their ancestral palace. I'm guessing they've either managed to get people inside, or they were always in there - I'm not 100% sure whether the Mogu we're seeing are flesh-and-blood Mogu or Mogu that have been reanimated into stone/clay bodies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]