Ret PVP damage so sad

90 Human Paladin
Picked up my crafted PVP gear and 3 pieces of the new honor gear and played 6 BGs tonight. First thing I noticed is that Rets have the smallest health pool in the game. Thanks Blizz.

I'm usually number one in killing blows on both teams and 4-5th in damage but with the new patch I have only gotten a total of 2 killing blows in a total of 6 games and now one of the lowest in damage. Obviously KBs are only part of the game but they are an indication in this patch that we have virtually no damage and can no longer kill anything. With my 300k health pool I'm now running up against 488k DKs. Pounded on one for over a minute and could take his health pool down below 90%...thanks Blizz. Someohow Warriors are now OP and I can no longer kill them and it's impossible to get their health below 20%. Guess it makes no difference as we have no finishing move nor any real damage outside of our 3 minute burst.

All the apologists here said wait till level 90 and Ret will will have damage. Well, at level 90 we have no damage compared to other classes and we can no longer kill anything....thanks Blizz.

Ghostcrawler needs to be fired
Reply Quote
It's because Blizzard make every class so much health and have self healing, without burst damage cannot kill anyone. Back at level 60s, you can kill someone in 2 crits if lucky. So everyone able to kill each other didn't seem to have any balancing issue.
Edited by Heimerladin on 10/2/2012 7:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
When I first hit 90 and had very little crafted pvp gear and greens and crappy blues from pve, I thought the same. Most other classes were out dpsing me and almost out self healing me. Now after I stacked pvp power and resilience im sitting at around 60% resil and 28% power, I am owning. Ret scales well with gear. Last night I won every duel against a mage except for a fire mage and only because I was specced wrong, after i specced into burden, I was able to beat him every time. Won against every hunter i dueled which has been a long time since that has happened. And also a handful of other classses like 2 shadow priest, 2 druids and a warrior. Won 98% out of the like 30 duels.

I also made a few changes to spec that have helped alot in pvp.
1: Use Holy avenger...I used divine purpose and loved it but not for pvp, rng is just not reliable. Besides I macro my trinket and HA and than macro gaurdian and wings and thats two seperate cds I can throw down almost every minute.
2: Use exicutioners stance. Its decent dps on a long cd if you got a sure kill but I personally keep it for when im getting trained and I need heals....That with the other self heals we have, im a truck.
3.Get both trinkets, massive pvp on them. Personally id use conquest for stritly gear because its more of an up from honor than the trinkets are. So honor trinkets are fine.
4.Selfless healer, take some weight off of your holy power with this heal.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Uhm, are you seriously using that 414 green?

I guarantee you that your damage will be much better if you run a heroic or two for a 463 weapon.
Edited by Astaeri on 10/4/2012 11:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Your weapon is terrible. That is all
Reply Quote
39 Pandaren Monk
Posting in an Agincourt thread.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://i.imgur.com/f9w2k.jpg

Posting a scoreboard in an Agincourt thread.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
http://i.imgur.com/f9w2k.jpg

Posting a scoreboard in an Agincourt thread.

I got 9 million damage in a BG a few days ago.

Ret is reliant on how good their weapon is! Who knew?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Cayse was a beast that game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Clearly that was photo shopped. Agin is always right.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/04/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
and other people weapons are terrible at this point. We are all playing with bad gear. No one is full Conquest.....duh
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/04/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Agincourt
and other people weapons are terrible at this point. We are all playing with bad gear. No one is full Conquest.....duh

Your weapon is 50 ilvls lower than what is easily obtainable. You're well behind curve, even for "bad gear."
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Implying killing blows mean anything...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's not all about damage. Warrior and dk should out dps you every time but when it comes to self healing melee ret is second to none. Were doing great in arena tbh. Just work on your gear and don't take what heppens in random bgs seriously.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Agincourt

Maybe try running the Arena scenario.

You'll get an ilvl 450 weapon. With 3.3 swing speed, yes, but it beats the hell out of that...thing...you're trying to PvP with.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's the default sorting and I didn't feel like changing it.

Sorting it by damage would have been the same result, and shown the same thing; our damage isn't bad if you are actually bothering to gear properly.

Maybe try running the Arena scenario.

You'll get an ilvl 450 weapon. With 3.3 swing speed, yes, but it beats the hell out of that...thing...you're trying to PvP with.

I've told him that three or four times now, he doesn't care. He would rather be useless so he can complain.
Edited by Cayse on 10/4/2012 5:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I've told him that three or four times now, he doesn't care. He would rather be useless so he can complain.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Your weapon won't help your damage at all.. find another :|

Mine is from a 5min scenario.. (Arena of something..) go do it
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Why do you make a thread every day

Why do you continue to use a horrible weapon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]