Elemental PvP. How are you guys doing it?

19 Gnome Mage
I'm curious to know if anyone is actually making elemental pvp work for them. From everything that I have read ( and experienced), shaman seem to be doing okay damage at best but dying the second they get focused.

If ele pvp is working for you, please, share with us some tips or resources. Because right now I can not see why I should not level my 85 mage. With my Mage I would have more survivability and more damage.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Its a hate/love relationship with anyone still playing shaman.

But as a Elemental shaman I figured out if I get alot of procs then i'm just as bursty as another class but in a way that makes us a liability to a team seeing as we can't exactly control our burst.

Disclaimer: I'm not a pro or anything close

Edit: Yeah I get trained there's not much to do on the escaping end of things
Edited by Meatspin on 10/3/2012 11:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
29 Undead Mage
The thing is. Ele can do as much burst as a warrior, but it's 100% RNG. Ele also lacks any kind of ability to lock the target down that you see EVERY SINGLE high burst class has.

Mages, Warriors, Hunters, Rogues, Warlocks, Death Knights, and Spriests all have multiple abilities they can use to stop the target while they are dpsing it down.

Shaman at best have capacitor totems but it's near impossible to line it up with our burst because between being locked down and relying on procs ele shaman burst is the easiest in the game to shut down, sit on the shaman, dispel flame shock. No dps will be taken.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
^This Sadly
Reply Quote
foolz
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]