MoP-level Brewmaster Instance Quest Rewards

90 Human Monk
So...there aren't any mitigation stats (dodge/parry) on the quest rewards I've received so far. Any particular reason for this? Some of it has mastery, and of course expertise but it seems a little weird to me that the tank quest rewards wouldn't have mitigation stats on them. Especially when it seems like mastery is going to be towards the bottom of our stat weights.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Feral druids have dealt with this for years. Brewmasters will be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
There is no leather armor with dodge or parry. Presumably, much like Guardian druids, Brewmasters are balanced around the idea that they will wear DPS leather and reforge to dodge or parry if necessary.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Feral druids have 120% armor buff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I suppose all of our mitigation is going to be purely active then?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Dodge/Parry aren't really that important for us. Haste and crit are actually BETTER at reducing damage / healer strain. That's just awesome design in my honest opinion.
Reply Quote
It's not just that monks rely on active mitigation skills. Because of how our active mitigation skills work, crit and haste are mitigation stats for monks. Haste grants faster energy regen for chi generation, and both haste and crit result in additional Elusive Brew uptime. The net effect is that haste and crit are worth more point-for-point for mitigation purposes than traditional mitigation stats like parry and dodge.

Right now, monk tanking stat priority is:
Expertise to hard (parry) cap
Hit to special attack cap
Haste
Mastery
Crit
Dodge / Parry

More detailed info: http://www.icy-veins.com/brewmaster-monk-wow-pve-tank-statistics-priority-reforging
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
most insightful all, thanks for the input :-D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]