Flavor text for rogue skills.

100 Night Elf Rogue
For those of you that dont know, a while back in the MoP beta a few lock talents had flavor text with them (flavor text is the yellow text that appears on the bottom of the tooltip for an item that add a certain intrigue or lore to it).

This was taken away as beta winded down (not sure why, maybe because if not everyone could have it no one could), but got me thinking....what do you think would be good/funny flavor texts for rogue skills?

Make them funny, serious, vent your rage at certain rogue mechanics through them, etc.

Things like:

Ambush: "One dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn"

Cheat Death: "If you see the proc, its already too late"

Vanish: "If I crit vanish, will I disappear?"

Shadow Walk: "So stealthy...you cant even see or hear it working"
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Backstab: "Sucks"
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Shadow Walk made me lol.

Leather Specialization: "I can do anything I want because I look good..."
Edited by Fritnig on 10/3/2012 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Hemorrhage: "Splat"

Gouge: "You could gouge your eye out."

Slice and Dice: "You're going to need sharper knives."
Edited by Hassen on 10/4/2012 12:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Paladin
shadowstep" always getting behind my enemys i feel dirty at times
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Vanish: "Just kidding, bend over."

Pick Lock: "It isn't quite a Mage portal, but the masses will still voice their demands."

Cheap Shot/Kidney Shot: "It's like holding someone down so you can tickle them. They can't get away, and usually just results in them laughing."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Blind: "Once required a reagent, but was soon replaced by a more readily available resource. Like dirt."
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Feint: "Remember when this wasn't even on your bar? And now you have to mash it constantly to stay alive."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Backstab: .....as opposed to "Frontstab"?
Reply Quote

Shadow Walk: "So stealthy...you cant even see or hear it working"

lol
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Given that shadow has an "animation" now (if thats what you want to call copy/pasting the vanish animation) I guess that quote isnt as applicable. However given that the exent of the animation is me lifting my hand in the air perhaps something like:

Shadow Walk: "Has nothing to do with shadows or walking"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Killing Spree:
"I'm afraid we're all out of killing sprees. In fact, we probably won't even be able to deliver individual killings this late in the year. Can I interest you in a series of minor injuries?"

Sap:
Using the pointy end would've taken all the fun out of it.

Rupture:
Unlike a regular sword stroke or thrust of your dagger, this technique will cause your victim to bleed.

Fan of Knives:
You love knives so much, you think everyone should have one.

Safe Fall:
Most people know how to fall without injuring themselves. You, on the other hand, are also clever enough to know how to stop falling without getting hurt.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Fan of Knives:You love knives so much, you think everyone should have one.

I love this one! I too am a FAN of knives and think everybody should have one!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Blind: "Once required a reagent, but was soon replaced by a more readily available resource. Like dirt."

^-^

Premeditation: "Happy place, happy place, happy place-"
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Paladin
smoke bomb " you think to remember and forget. until they attack you again
~
detection '' your rogue senses are on trip mode
~
shadow dance '' just think a shadow dancing on the wall . that will distract them
~
evasion '' it's sorta like running away in your mind . you really don't want to be here right now
~
rupture '' it's like turning someone into a volcano ...but only bloody
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Killing Spree:
"I'm afraid we're all out of killing sprees. In fact, we probably won't even be able to deliver individual killings this late in the year. Can I interest you in a series of minor injuries?"

Sap:
Using the pointy end would've taken all the fun out of it.

Rupture:
Unlike a regular sword stroke or thrust of your dagger, this technique will cause your victim to bleed.

Fan of Knives:
You love knives so much, you think everyone should have one.

Safe Fall:
Most people know how to fall without injuring themselves. You, on the other hand, are also clever enough to know how to stop falling without getting hurt.

Love it.
Reply Quote

Killing Spree:
"I'm afraid we're all out of killing sprees. In fact, we probably won't even be able to deliver individual killings this late in the year. Can I interest you in a series of minor
Fall:

Fricken hilarious!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Shuriken Toss:
For rogues, because the hunters took all the glaives and left all the shurikens.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Rogue
Expose Armor: In your heyday you could undress a clothie with a single strike, but lately it seems like you've lost your touch.

Recuperate: Inject yourself with some delicious, magical, science.

Vanish: If I close my eyes I turn invisible, right?

Deadly Throw: The fine print reads: "Does not actually cause harm or death in any way."

Distract: Well, it was worth a shot.

Shadow Dance: Stop... Hammer time!

Kick: Not as effective on females.

Detect Traps: The Ackbar is strong with this one.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
this entire forum became a QQ form with making our problems "funny", yay!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]