PC-Launcher not responding.

90 Undead Hunter
Currently, I am unable to play through my launcher. As soon as it loads everything becomes unresponsive, varying from just unable to click anything (but still having things like sound and light-up) to a straight lock down. I have tried everything. From deleting the wtf, cache, and interface folders, to deleting the battle.net and blizzard folders in Personal Data, down to even completely reinstalling the game.

I was forced to call when not even the launcher installer would work. Through this, I found that it is a 'mysterious' application causing this issue, as I was told to try the download in safe mode. Through a series of checks, I have found that it is not my firewall, nor is it any anti virus device causing the lock, but cannot find which program is causing the hassle.

I don't think I can, nor should, have to keep restarting to safe mode just to play a game. But, well, daddy needs his medicine. Has anyone else had an issue with an outside (another application) causing issues with the launcher/downloader? Anything would be helpful, thank you.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Mage
Hmmm. So it launches in Safe Mode fine but normal windows it becomes unresponsive. Not AV, Not Firewall. I am going to go with not Flash either because it works in Safe-mode.

Give me a sec I need to find a blue post

Hit the Windows key + R, and type:

Then hit Enter or Ok.

This will bring up System Information.

Click on the + sign next to Software Environments
Click on Running Tasks
Click on one item on the right side
Click on Edit, and then Select All (Or hit Ctrl-A)
Click on Edit, and the Copy (Or hit Ctrl-C)

Then Paste everything into a reply.
Edited by Yousel on 10/3/2012 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)