Burst of Garbage.

100 Undead Rogue
Burst of Speed
60 Energy
Instant
Increases movement speed by 70% for 4 sec. If you are afflicted by any movement-impairing effects, activating this ability will instead remove any such effects and grant immunity to their re-application for 4 sec.

Why give us an ability like this but force it to only be used defensively? Even with 130 energy and venomous wounds this ability cannot be used effectively offensive. If the goal was just for the rogue to get away to restealth maybe abilities like Faerie Fire and certain melee dots shouldn't last 30 seconds anymore. Oh what's that? we have Cloak of Shadows? well yeah maybe increasing the cooldown on that to 2 mins was dumb? What's that we can vanish? Yeah maybe increasing the cooldown on that to 3 mins was dumb.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
WAS DUMB WAS IT BRAH
REQUEST STICKY
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
Auto-attacking with 0 energy is better than sitting in a root getting blown up.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
10/03/2012 10:59 PMPosted by Kiljagen
Auto-attacking with 0 energy is better than sitting in a root getting blown up.

I found myself being kited MORE with BoS, all the enemy has to do is run the other direction while casting and slowing. As long as we can't instantly appear behind them then we won't even get to auto attack.

ShS is our best solution, but not necessarily a great one.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Or.... you have to stop reforging haste of your gear bad kids. Im doing really well with BoS with the haste i have and ill be getting more.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
If you arent stupid, then BoS is so much better than SStep.

If you are stupid, then you won't take my advice anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
BoS is a major tool for rogue php right now, hard to use correctly but the only reliable way of sticking to your target.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I haven't touched it, but how do you close the gap once you've broken the snare?

I don't mean this as a jab, but why are the 2 under 90 rogues the only people defending BoS? I haven't used it so I don't have an opinion on it. I'm legit curious as to how it's better than step.

I get rooted, break it with bos, then get kited, at least that's how it plays in my mind, I have enough energy to bos to close the gap and now I'm feared rerooted w/e and by that time I'm dead. In my mind I just can't see it being better than step.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
I haven't touched it, but how do you close the gap once you've broken the snare?

I don't mean this as a jab, but why are the 2 under 90 rogues the only people defending BoS? I haven't used it so I don't have an opinion on it. I'm legit curious as to how it's better than step.

I get rooted, break it with bos, then get kited, at least that's how it plays in my mind, I have enough energy to bos to close the gap and now I'm feared rerooted w/e and by that time I'm dead. In my mind I just can't see it being better than step.

Because I did a ton of pvp on beta...

Also, you should have your target snared with crippling so while you are moving at 100% speed they aren't.

BoS is the best ability on that tier for most fights, you just have to learn to use it right.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
im 90, my profile just hasn't updated yet.

-It has no cool down unlike step
-if your target is far enough away that a BoS won't get you to them before they can kite why not smoke bomb, hope for a restealth
-getting feared, rooted, kited is a huge problem for rogues no matter what skills they have, I prefer the one with no cool down, that breaks snares, makes the other played at least feel like pressure is being put on them
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
im not saying step is garbage but being able to move quicker than the target was always a rogues biggest advantage in vanilla, bc, even wotlk and BoS brings us closer to that again, granted in a totally underpowered skill but rogues really need to use what they got these days
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Usually when I bomb to restealth I get aoed into combat, or have to burn cloak to clear the dots. Also if I'm rooted who's to say they're moving at 50% and I'm at 100? If this is vs a Mage, then I'm barely moving at all tbh.

I haven't played any games this season, and I'll probably pug 2s for points until I have full gear, so I'm sure ill go bos at least to try it, but it just doesn't feel good. And auto attacking better than nothing is honestly a joke. Sure I did 15k dmg in auto attacks, is that really going to put pressure on anyone?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
Usually when I bomb to restealth I get aoed into combat, or have to burn cloak to clear the dots. Also if I'm rooted who's to say they're moving at 50% and I'm at 100? If this is vs a Mage, then I'm barely moving at all tbh.

I haven't played any games this season, and I'll probably pug 2s for points until I have full gear, so I'm sure ill go bos at least to try it, but it just doesn't feel good. And auto attacking better than nothing is honestly a joke. Sure I did 15k dmg in auto attacks, is that really going to put pressure on anyone?

It was more damage than you would have done in the root...

Also, st with crippling after bos if you want, you should have enough energy to hit it once or twice, so there is a pretty good chance that would snare them.

BoS is amazing, you just have to get used to it, then you won't ever not want to have it.
Edited by Redfang on 10/4/2012 6:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue

its true all those situations are more than likely to occur and I think rogues suffer the most of any class from all the cc and aoe, BUT my argument is simply that BoS is our best tool considering the current environment
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Right now I feel like I would have more uptime on a target with step over bos, and during that uptime I have the energy to do a pretty good amount of dmg. When I play things out in my mind I just see casters having a way out of it which puts me back at range.

Although I am thinking more of mages than shaman an Druids....
I dunno, I guess I'll just have to try it an arenas. BGs I just get blown up by casters before I can do anything :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Ok so you say there is a right way to use BoS... I'm assuming it's root dispel 99% of the time paired with crippling poison rather than pressing that button a second time to get to the target(unless in total desperation mode).

I belive assassination is the least recomended spec for burst of speed as well?

Which comes on top for it's usage? Combat or subtley?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
your a tool if you even spec into it. Give us 180 energy then it'll be worth it for burst of pos. Level 90 choices sukc too. Waste of rogue talents, they should all be passive. Delete Shuriken toss,give us deadly throw back.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Maybe shuriken toss has better synergy with step that I haven't been considering.
I somewhat forget that we have it tbh. Sit in snare throwing shurikens then step into an finisher or something.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Am I the only one who saw the title of this thread and thought, "That would be a TOTALLY AWESOME spell!"?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]