Roleplaying a Dragon?

Should I put what little credibility I might have on the line and roleplay a Dragon?

I've been craving to make a member of the Red Dragonflight, but I can just picture it resulting in me making an utter fool of myself.

Should I do it?
Edited by Shilo on 10/3/2012 10:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I did/am doing it. fk it baylife

(not the red DF tho)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm confused.

Do you wanna play a Dargon or a Dragon?
Reply Quote
I'm actually a green dragon IRL.

All joking aside, play what you want to play, it's your 15$ a month.
Edited by Calmai on 10/3/2012 10:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm confused.

Do you wanna play a Dargon or a Dragon?

Dragon.

I'm actually a green dragon IRL.

All joking aside, play what you want to play, it's your 15$ a month.

I'd rather not add to the pile of roleplayers who just can't pull it off though. So I'm torn. Torn!
Edited by Shilo on 10/3/2012 10:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Mm. I play a red, myself. It can be done and done well with careful research, subtlety, and of course accepting RP groups. If you're rejected or reviled, those silly people weren't worth associating with anyway.
Reply Quote
Hmmm, would anyone have any recommendations for where I could read up on them? I figure the more background I have, the better.
Reply Quote
Wowwiki, I guess?

But really, although I myself am not a Dragon RPer, I for one would happily accept Roleplaying with a Dragon RPer.

Even if they don't fully pull it off, because if they would like I can always offer constructive feedback on it.

If they can? More power to them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Wowpedia.org would be a better choice, no offense. That's where the original wowwiki creators went off to after a disagreement with wikia. So Wowwiki isn't really updated in terms of lore anymore.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Dragon RP is apparently everyone's shameful secret.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Dragon RPing is....tricky.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Talk to Stax. He can help you out.
Reply Quote
Thank you all for the input so far. It all helps!

While Wowpedia/Wowwiki is definitely a source I'll be using, I am wanting to go in a bit more depth, to be able to tackle this properly.

10/03/2012 10:56 PMPosted by Ruvias
Talk to Stax. He can help you out.

He just went offline. *grumble*

10/03/2012 10:53 PMPosted by Björn
Dragon RPing is....tricky.

Thus why I want to be tactful in how I approach this. I wouldn't exactly claim as being a great roleplayer, but I go out of my way to be respectful to lore and other roleplayers.

It's also why I'm hesitant. <3
Edited by Shilo on 10/3/2012 11:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

He just went offline. *grumble*

I always, -always- browse the forums at least once before bed.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I think the major thing about dragon Rp is...you have to be....subtle about it, don't go around proclaiming I AM DRAGUNS!
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Björn
I think the major thing about dragon Rp is...you have to be....subtle about it, don't go around proclaiming I AM DRAGUNS!

Why not? Dragons in lore seem to be pretty comfortable doing so. In fact, the first time you meet Chromie they say "Hi, I'm Chromie and I'm actually a bronze dragon!"
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
10/03/2012 11:19 PMPosted by Calmai

Why not? Dragons in lore seem to be pretty comfortable doing so. In fact, the first time you meet Chromie they say "Hi, I'm Chromie and I'm actually a bronze dragon!"

It's a stupid thing that was born thanks to RPers...if you show yourself to be a dragon you're immediately considered bad.
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 11:23 PMPosted by Maarcus
I'm having a similar conundrum, myself. My mage, Renzo, fought tooth and nail to wrest a Twilight whelp away from its tamer during an RP event between the First Regiment and Eyes of Old in early Cataclysm.
...Wasn't I (playing a random cultist) the one you killed over that?

10/03/2012 11:23 PMPosted by Maarcus
I have the character developed enough to play, but what can I do to play him in a way that's dragon-y, but not stupid, y'know? (Though I do get the added fun of Renzo being a possible fugitive in the eyes of the Flights, which is fun RP all on its own.)

Not quite sure what you mean here. Do you mean to say you want to play an adolescent twilight?

Nonetheless, will come back to these topics in 8 or so hours, when I wake up.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Its tough because most people like the dragons for being more powerful than normal heroes. Thus you get that power struggle and ... a cluster!@#$ after that. Expect people not to like you no matter how good of a job you do, IC and OoC. My rogue is essentially a dragon hunter and you'll meet a lot of people who'll kill them for sport, trophies, what have you.

The biggest problem is the power innate with older dragons. That's where you'll meet most friction. If you're anything above a whelp or a young drake you've innately more ability than a normal mortal. If you're looking to play an older wyrm... I advise against it. Even well done, as seems to be the stigma of dragon role players, you're still telling everyone you're better than everyone else.

In the end, yes it is your 15$. This is just the opinion you asked for.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]