Level 85 Cataclysm PVP Gear Vendors Missing

90 Night Elf Hunter
The Level 85 Cataclysm PVP Gear vendors have gone missing from Stormwind. I thought perhaps the gear had gotten moved to the Legacy vendors but this is not the case.

My husband and I still have characters that are trying to complete their Cata sets and this has us very upset I am sure many other people are upset as well.

I contacted a GM regarding this matter and the GM double checked and the gear is indeed gone. I told him that it makes no sense that the level 60, 70, and 80 pvp gear is still available for purchase but the level 85 Cata gear isn't. He agreed with me that this could not possibly be an intended change and that he would be submitting a bug report.

I also asked him to have the devs make a post in the forums regarding this matter but GMs don't have the power to do that. He suggested I make the post myself, so here I am.

Can we please get a "Blue" response. Was this an intended change or not? If so, why? And if not, when can we expect the vendors to be reinstated or the gear moved to the legacy vendors (as has always been done previously)?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
it will take months maybe a year to fix blizzard does not care about pvp unfortunatlely i know how u feel i wanted to get a few things for xmorg but now i cant,
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I feel the same way. I still wanted to use some of the ruthless gear/weapons for transmog. Hopefully they will put them back or if anything make a new vendor somewhere that allows level 85's to still get the gear/weapons.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Yes, many other people are upset as well. Even more will be, once they go to spend their honor and find that they can't. And it will get worse when they get honor capped and are still waiting for the vendors to be fixed. I've been informing every bg I go to and most people don't know about it yet because the rate of honor acquisition at level 85 is now so low it could take many days to get enough honor to buy a single piece. I hope that more people will express their unhappiness with this situation and move it up on Blizzard's priority list of things to address.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
This is a new and exciting post going places.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'm sure they're where all the past season gear is sold.

10/04/2012 01:27 AMPosted by Gremlìn
xmorg

???
Edited by Brøfist on 10/4/2012 7:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Please don't post without even reading the original post. The gear is *not* available, so I don't know how you would be "sure" it is available.

I contacted a GM regarding this matter and the GM double checked and the gear is indeed gone.
Edited by Taurra on 10/4/2012 7:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I was referring to the gear vendors in Dalaran, who sold Vicious gear pre-MoP.

I assumed that, since Vicious gear is sold there, Catacylsmic would be there too.

If the GM is right and the gear isn't in the game, this should be close to last on Blizzard's priority list for fixing things in PvP.

IE: BM hunters, Mages, Spriests, Locks.

There are plenty of other transmog sets you can get until they fix it.
Edited by Brøfist on 10/4/2012 7:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I was referring to the gear vendors in Dalaran, who sold Vicious gear pre-MoP.

I assumed that, since Vicious gear is sold there, Catacylsmic would be there too.

If the GM is right and the gear isn't in the game, this should be close to last on Blizzard's priority list for fixing things in PvP.

Except it's probably the easiest line of code of all of the problems. It takes very little to add a vendor with already implemented gear and items.

Probably just a check box.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Except it's probably the easiest line of code of all of the problems. It takes very little to add a vendor with already implemented gear and items.

Probably just a check box.

While that may be true, PvP isn't Blizzard's top priority. Once Blizzard gets around to PvP, i'm hoping the first thing they fix is balance, not past season PvP gear.

Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Time is money friend, i feel like both of mine are being wasted camping out where the vendors used to be to see if they come back, going thru allll the forums to see if theres any usefull info. on whats going on instead of doing what i feel is worthwhile. pvping with the reward of a new piece of gear. I had one goal and that was to gear all my toons up with cata gear before I was ready to move on.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman

Some people don't have MoP and still want the 85 stuff.

Like my second account.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I want the set on my Mage!

I can't even enjoy this game anymore, knowing it's gone.

I don't care if it takes 5 years to fix it, I just want them to acknowledge it and give us an answer on if it's coming back or not. Just being able to hear from them that it was a mistake and will return someday is enough to make me happy.
Edited by Andrsonsilva on 10/4/2012 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Thank goodness i'm not the only one stantanding there in disbelieve with only 3 of my Cataclysm PvP armor. They can't just do away with it like that. If so will there be some kind of substitute for PvP armor? IDK just fix it already. It's rather annoying. I'm seriously second guessing renewing my account next month
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
We've had 3 threads on this at my last count.

Like I've said before;

I've only been playing WoW for a lil over a month, and this change has really screwed me as far as BGs are concerned. I'd just finished my Wrath set when I dinged 85.

So, I'd planned on holding off on purchasing MoP just until I got my Cata set completed, to avoid leveling to 86 and getting stuck in the next level bracket 2 tiers down gearwise and rotflstomped every BG.

I'm not seeing how this change does anything other than screw newer PvPers who didn't have the years between Cata and MoP to grind and enhance their PvP sets.

Peeps keep bringing up Dalaran and Legacy vendors; Only level 80 gear is available. NO 85 sets are sold there.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
The level 85 set is there but it is season 9 gear which makes the crafted pvp sets better stat-wise but still puts a new pvp'r at a disadvantage starting out against a toon that has the season 11 set completed and reduces the fun of the pvp aspect of the game, as has been stated it would have been nice to know that they would be removing it and since a GM has said it seems unintentional a blue post would be nice to let us all know what is going on. Whether its for transmogrify or bg purpose gear being removed should have been forewarned
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
We've had 3 threads on this at my last count.

Like I've said before;

I've only been playing WoW for a lil over a month, and this change has really screwed me as far as BGs are concerned. I'd just finished my Wrath set when I dinged 85.

So, I'd planned on holding off on purchasing MoP just until I got my Cata set completed, to avoid leveling to 86 and getting stuck in the next level bracket 2 tiers down gearwise and rotflstomped every BG.

I'm not seeing how this change does anything other than screw newer PvPers who didn't have the years between Cata and MoP to grind and enhance their PvP sets.

Peeps keep bringing up Dalaran and Legacy vendors; Only level 80 gear is available. NO 85 sets are sold there.

It screws us who leveled a Mage just to get the set even more. I get my Mage to 83 while staying maxed out with honor points just to see it's been gone. I've already canceled my sub and won't renew until it's back. After a 2 year quit, tmog was the only reason I came back and still play. The Cata Mage set is my favorite set in the game after Priest T1 and without it, I just don't have fun playing WoW anymore. Getting my 11 guys in the prettiest sets was my whole journey and the only characters I got left to do that with are Mage and Monk :(
Edited by Andrsonsilva on 10/5/2012 1:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]