Guardian Elixirs

90 Troll Hunter
As far as I can tell, there's a total of two guardian elixirs for MoP and they're pretty useful for melee, sure. But it's pretty disappointing to only see two guardian elixirs, both of which hold little to no application for four classes outright and about six more specializations within other classes.

Granted, it's not a particularly game breaking concern, but what's the deal with the lack of anything interesting in terms of guardian elixirs for ranged and casters? We used to have mana and health related ones, is there no way to reincorporate something like that? I just find the system incredibly dull if I'm only using one half of my buff potential other than that I think I can use one to give my pet a negligible amount of armor.

I understand flasks outright kill this concern in some way. But when I'm in casual dungeons and out on my own, I like the buffs alchemy gives me and I don't want to consume the semi-rare gold lotus just so I can feel like I'm getting all I can out of my alchemy outside of raids.
Reply Quote
I am in complete agreement with you on this. I was shocked at the lack of guardian elixirs for casters. I don't know if this was done intentionally by Blizzard or if it was simply overlooked, but I do believe something needs to be changed. Maybe one or two of the elixirs currently tagged as "battle elixir" could be changed to "guardian elixir"? However, from my experience I can say that there is little chance of that happening. So, as a mage and as a priest I will simply use one elixir. Is this really what Blizzard wants me to do? Am I missing something here?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
You're only supposed to use one elixir, with the other being marginally useful if at all. Otherwise there's not much advantage to using flasks.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
10/29/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Weepea
You're only supposed to use one elixir, with the other being marginally useful if at all. Otherwise there's not much advantage to using flasks.

not having to use more elixers when you die sounds like a nice bonus
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I thought only tanks used double elixirs because everyone else wanted their primary stat buffed? (That, and sometimes healers don't like the mana-sponge that tanks can turn into if they stack stamina too high...)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
yes, but healers can't double elixir either as spirit is considered battle?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]