Please ban the boxing hackers

(Locked)

3 Pandaren Monk
Since MoP came out I have been getting into random groups with too many people boxing. I just had a group where the buy was a DPS, Tank and Healer all in the same group. We kept whiping over and over again because he sucked... I don't know how he expect to box 3 toons in a dungen anyway.

Then me and the other guy tried to boot him... Oh wait.. EXPLOIT we can't boot him because using the voting system he would have to elect to boot himself, and yeah, well, no one is that stupid to click "Yes" to boot theirself.

Ok, so we'll leave and find another group instead... I can't afford the repair bills.

BAMN! YOU HAVE DESERTED A DUGEN YOU LOUSY WOW PLAYER!!! YOU GET A 30 MIN DEBUF!

Please ban the boxers and remove the debuf from our account so we can continue to level.
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Troll Rogue
10/04/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Porice
I just had a group where the buy was a DPS, Tank and Healer all in the same group.

Multiboxing is not hacking, and has always been allowed by Blizzard.

If you do not like grouping with players who do this, simply put them on ignore and you will not be selected to queue with them in the future.
Support Forum Agent
10/04/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Porice
Please ban the boxers and remove the debuf from our account so we can continue to level.

I'm sorry, Porice, but multiboxing, in and of itself, is not hacking or otherwise against our policies.

As Kozzae mentioned if you place the character on ignore you won't be matched up with them through the LFD system.
3 Pandaren Monk
Ugh. I don't care about boxing if they want to do what but not in a RANDOM dungen.. They shouldn't be allowed to do that. Make their own group or go with their guild or something.

I died 6 times and need to repair because someone else wanted to experiment.
90 Undead Death Knight
10/04/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Porice

After the second death do to their "experiments", I would have left the group.
3 Pandaren Monk
10/04/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Aarschott

Yea and then I will get a 30 min debuff and I can't play anymore.
90 Gnome Warlock
10/04/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Porice

Yea and then I will get a 30 min debuff and I can't play anymore.

So a 30 minute debuff, where you can also do other things that need to get done while you wait, or staying in a dungeon wasting your time with some "experimenting"? I think I will take the 30 minute debuff and just get on with my life.

I'm guessing the time spent wiping, not to mention the frustration it caused would be worth the 30 minutes.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
<--- Multiboxer

Due to how rare we are, I doubt you're getting into "too many dungeons with boxers"...

I triple box, but I only do one class and one spec. I like to keep it simple. For those that can effectively box multiple classes/specs/roles, I tip my hat to them.

As for the person you got grouped up with, he should be ashamed of himself for thinking he could successfully run a dungeon with that team and cause constant wipes.

I'd love to eventually branch out and have one blood DK and the other 2 as frost, but I would never EVER set foot into a dungeon or BG unless I was 100% sure I know what I am doing.
Edited by Icydéadppl on 10/4/2012 8:51 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Death Knight
10/04/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Porice
Ugh. I don't care about boxing if they want to do what but not in a RANDOM dungen.. They shouldn't be allowed to do that. Make their own group or go with their guild or something.

Why should we be forced to only queue with guildies just because you don't like running into boxers 1 out of 200+ times ?

Maybe if you queue with guildies yourself, you won't run into boxers. Guild runs are a lot more fun than pugs. :)
Support Forum Agent
Excellent points everyone. And here is where we should leave it. :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]