Macro help

90 Human Rogue
Just wondering if you guys could help me out with putting conditions on macros. I'm trying to combine cloak of shadows, combat readiness and feint all into one.

I know the basic,
#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] " "
/cast [mod:shift] " "
/cast [mod:ctrl] " "

But what do i put in between them so it wont activate all abilities at once when they are all off CD.
Thanks
Edited by Uncleremis on 10/4/2012 9:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:ctrl] Combat Readiness; [mod:shift] Cloak of Shadows; Feint

Feints without a mod pressed, Cloaks with shift, CR with ctrl. You can rearrange, obviously. That is the basic format.

Written properly you should never need to use [nomod] as an actual modifier in a macro in 99% of cases. it's usually used when placing something like a Trinket, that's off the GCD onto a macro with modifiers that you only want activated when not using a mod ability, or other more complex situations like that.

For instance:

#showtooltip
/use [nomod] 10 <- Engineer glove enchant
/cast [mod:shift] Shiv; Mutilate

Will only activate gloves if off CD when using Mutilate, will not waste it on a Shiv.
Edited by Caera on 10/4/2012 8:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Thank you for the quick reply, cleared up things very well and taught me something I didn't know.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]