Healing priest 4-set: Bad

90 Human Priest
In rated battlegrounds, the 4-piece is useless. For all seasons, 99% of healing priests have played Disc spec. I really hope to not have to spec into Holy for PVP.

The 4-piece requires us to do a 2-step process for it to work. First: Prayer of Mending. Second: FLASH HEAL. No priest is going to get a Flash Heal off in rated battleground at high rating. And because of our horrible mana regen, we can't afford to NOT spec into Mindbender for the 1 minute Shadow Fiend. So we can't get From Darkness Comes Light for the chance of instant flash heals. So right now, the 4-piece is just absolute garbage.

Not even going to start on the abundance of INSTANT CCs in this game right now. I'm stunned/silenced/disoriented for 75% of the time.. which is why I get no flash heals off. I only get as far as Prayer of Mending my target.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Priests are so bad in general now, I'm not sure why any team with options would take one over any other healer if they could.

We're like a waste of a space in comparison.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Druid
Priests are so bad in general now, I'm not sure why any team with options would take one over any other healer if they could.

someone doesnt know how to mass dispel
Edited by Troncat on 10/5/2012 2:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

someone doesnt know how to mass dispel

LOL. Are you aware that mass dispel now has a cd attached? Are you aware that it costs an insane amount of mana? Are you also aware that we can't really glyph for it anymore due to the other glyphs being mandatory?

It's easy for you to say someone doesn't know how to mass dispel when you have no clue about how priests have been literally gutted.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
literally gutted.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So, Troncat, they released this thing called MoP. You should check it out.

I feel really bad for priests, but I do think that holy is the best spec for you guys from what I've seen. I believe that you'll be forced to go shadow this season for most forms of serious PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
So, Troncat, they released this thing called MoP. You should check it out.

I feel really bad for priests, but I do think that holy is the best spec for you guys from what I've seen. I believe that you'll be forced to go shadow this season for most forms of serious PvP.

I'm playing Holy now. It's a little better, but seriously, if melee get ahold of me, I'm dead in 2-3 globals without peels or heals from another teammate. Disc lost focused will, holy lost blessed resilience. Disc has glyph issues - removing choices. I moved to holy to survive better and to perhaps help my team, but I will not be forced into pvping in shadow in order to do rated pvp or arena. I've been maining my priest since I started. I'm a die hard priest - will grin and bear it and hope things get better.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'm hoping this will just require a little MoP-up (hehe) in the next minor patch, ala 4.0.6.

Don't lose hope!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Going by history, priests will whine incessantly and bliz will overbuff them

After that all the priests' "skill" will be evident again.

You guys better watch the arena ratings charts and hope that there aren't any high rated priests that have "skill" right now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

You guys better watch the arena ratings charts and hope that there aren't any high rated priests that have "skill" right now.

We better? Go check it out for us and let us know. Pretty sure we know what's not in top ranked teams: Priests.
Edited by Flaxxen on 10/5/2012 9:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have, lots of priests in the top rankings. Its all right there for you to look at and marvel why you can't be as good as them.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
10/05/2012 06:58 AMPosted by Nexein
literally gutted.

This is pretty much how I feel. Look around at other classes a bit. You'll see that many skills that were spread out between the trees are now available between all specs. However, priests saw the opposite--the removal of non-disc skills such as mind spike/mind blast and some of our core abilities forced into glyphs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Going by history, priests will whine incessantly and bliz will overbuff them

After that all the priests' "skill" will be evident again.

Sounds like someone was never able to LoS or shapeshift Mana Burn.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The 4 piece is quite good under certain circumstances and encourages you to use PoM very proactively, but it is dispellable and pretty much useless if your target gets healed before you can PoM/Flash Heal/GH it. Which will happen a lot of you have other healers nearby.

Oh and if you think Disc is bad, Holy is even worse in arena (haven't tried it in RBGs, not game). You will get gibbed so fast you won't even know what to do (no inner focus, no pain suppression or barrier) however the throughput when you're covered by other healers isn't too bad (but nowhere near a resto shaman or resto druid) so it is serviceable in battlegrounds.
Edited by Anurakis on 10/7/2012 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Go shadow
Reply Quote
74 Orc Hunter
so priests are bad for the first time in...5 years? rofl...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
10/07/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Backpeddle
so priests are bad for the first time in...5 years? rofl...
Priests have been good, not great. Resto Shammys were by far the best healer for a while (most represented above 2200).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]